Personality refers to a person’s distinctive patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. Have you ever thought about what makes each person unique and special? It’s their personality – the way they act, talk and make you feel. Just like a fingerprint, everyone’s personality is one-of-a-kind. Here are some of the best personality quotes from famous people that will inspire you to become a better person and achieve greatness in life.
Every individual has a different combination of traits that makes their personality different and unique from others.
Also Check: Personal Growth Quotes
A person’s personality can be judged by how they react or behave in a situation. The words they say, their body language, and their attitude toward others are some important factors that help in determining the personality of a person.
Personality plays an important role in everyone’s life. It influences almost every aspect of our life and determines whether we live a great or mediocre life.
Having good personality traits includes being compassionate and having empathy for others, being honest and taking responsibility for your actions, and being creative and confident, to mention a few.
Also Check: Self-Growth Quotes
Overall, understanding and embracing your personality helps you to recognize your strengths and weaknesses and allows you to work on them, ultimately guiding you toward a journey of self-improvement and growth.
Here are the best personality quotes that will inspire you to go deep inside yourself, understand your personality traits, and try to work on yourself to become a better version of yourself.
Top 10 Personality Quotes
- “Personality is lower than partiality.” — Goldwin Smith
- “Where there is personality, there is discord.” — Terry Pratchett
- “The deeds and motive of man define his personality.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
- “Don’t try to take on a new personality; it doesn’t work.” — Richard M. Nixon
- “Positive expectations are the mark of the superior personality.” — Brian Tracy
- “Personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Our personality should be impenetrable even to ourselves.” — Fernando Pessoa
- “I am what is mine. Personality is the original personal property.” — Norman O. Brown
- “Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own.” — Soren Kierkegaard
- “It’s beauty that captures your attention; personality that captures your heart.” — Oscar Wilde
Best Quotes On Personality
- “Your personality is what makes you sexy.” — Mollie King
- “Let your personality be your profit and not your punishment.” — Amit Kalantri
- “The way you dress is an expression of your personality.” — Alessandro Michele
- “Having a passive personality, is a soft way to live a dead life.” — Omar El Kadmiri
- “I don’t have an attitude!! I have a personality you can’t handle!!” — Anonymous
- “I believe in doing the right things; that is my character and personality.” — Gianluigi Buffon
- “Maybe that’s what a person’s personality is: the difference between the inside and the outside.” — Jonathan Safran Foer
- “Personality is more important than beauty, but imagination is more important than both of them.” ― Laurette Taylor
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “A great personality makes everyone feel energized; just like a flower’s fragrance that freshens ups the complete surrounding.” — Unknown
- “All too often our personality is nothing more than psychological clothing that we wear to hide our true self from the world.” — Teal Swan
- “When you have a magnetic personality, you beat everybody else.” — Heart Evangelista
- “If you stick to ethics and goodness; even if no one is watching you; then you have a personality, which is very rare in this plastic world.” — Unknown
- “Personality is in the very intention of the evolution of life, and the human personality is just one mode in which this intention is realized.” — Joseph L. Baron
- “Personality is, in fact, only a free being emphasizing and recognizing itself as such. Every man makes his own personality, he is to that extent his own creator.” — Sabine Baring-Gould
Inspirational Quotes About Personality
- “Personality is a mask you believe in.” — Dr. White
- “The real personality is a hidden personality.” — Carl Jung
- “An ugly personality destroys a pretty face.” — Anonymous
- “Humility is no substitute for a good personality.” — Fran Lebowitz
- “The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are.” — Jim Morrison
- “Attitude and personality are as important as experience and ability.” — Brian Tracy
- “Our social personality is a creation of the thoughts of other people.” — Marcel Proust
- “People often only see one side to someone’s personality, but there are levels.” — Ross Lynch
- “Beauty of a person is temporary. But personality is permanent and lasts forever.” — Unknown
- “Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.” ― Frank Ocean
- “Hard conditions of life are indispensable to bringing out the best in human personality.” — Alexis Carrel
- “If you want to build your personality don’t do extraordinarily, just act like a human being.” — Mohammad Rishad Sakhi
- “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” — Bruce Lee
- “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” — Alain de Botton
- “Personality is the sum total of one’s moods and feelings and thoughts.” — Anonymous
Strong Personality Quotes
- “There is beauty in a strong personality.” — Unknown
- “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If God gave you a strong personality it’s for serving others not controlling them.” — Jimmy Evans
- “Only strong personalities can endure history, the weak are extinguished by it.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
- “I hold that a strongly marked personality can influence descendants for generations.” — Beatrix Potter
- “Mediocre run for a materialistic goal; Great personalities look for happiness around them.” — Unknown
- “Personality has power to uplift, power to depress, power to curse, and power to bless.” — Paul P. Harris
- “Very strong personalities must confine themselves in mutual conversation to very gentle subjects.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “If life is a race, looks will help you in winning only sprints; while your good personality helps you in winning long marathons.” — Unknown
- “As much as you need a strong personality to build a business from scratch, you also must understand the art of delegation.” — Richard Branson
- “Personality shapes your intellect.” — Xin-An Lu
- “Personality is not a predictor of character.” — Betty Russell
- “Personality begins where comparison ends.” — Karl Lagerfield
- “Your personality is what’s holding you back.” — Jason Donnelly
- “The note of the perfect personality is not rebellion, but peace.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality.” — Shawn Ashmore
- “Brilliance can earn you money, and personality can win hearts for you.” — Unknown
- “Life is mortal, but your personality stays forever in the hearts of others.” — Unknown
- “It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it – because personality always wins the day.” — Joseph L. Baron
- “We get criticized for showing no personality, then we get penalized when we do.” — Lindsay Davenport
- “Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “Time has the power to mend appearance, wealth, and fame; but it always bends its knee in front of an amazing personality.” — Unknown
- “Your personality is the only permanent thing in your, ultimately, temporary life… that’s all the more reason to cherish it.” — Isabella Koldras
- “Personality is regarded as a collection of relatively discrete, independent, and narrow social capacities, each relevant to performance only within a specific domain of life.” — David C. Funder
- “Personality is the relatively enduring pattern of recurrent interpersonal situations which characterize a human life… A personality can never be isolated from the complex of interpersonal relationships in which the person lives…” — Harry Stack Sullivan
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a popular personality assessment tool.
The MBTI categorizes individuals into one of 16 personality types, each represented by a combination of four dichotomies:
- Extraversion (E) – Introversion (I)
- Sensing (S) – Intuition (N)
- Thinking (T) – Feeling (F)
- Judging (J) – Perceiving (P)
The MBTI was developed by Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers, based on the theories of Swiss psychiatrist Carl Jung. Get a free personality test here.
If you think you can relate to these inspirational personality quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.