Looking for inspirational quotes about paying attention? We have rounded up the best collection of pay-attention quotes, sayings, captions, status message, (with images and pictures) to emphasize the importance of attention in love, relationships, work, and more.
Paying attention is all about focusing on things you are doing without any distractions. When you are focused you can excel in any field, be it studies, work, career, or your relationships.
Also See: Attention to Detail Quotes
Being alert, attentive, and observing things is imperative to every aspect of life including relationships.
Be it with your child, girlfriend, boyfriend, friends, family or someone at work. Giving time and attention makes them feel noticed and important.
Whereas if we neglect our relationships, we tend to send them the message that we do not care much about them.
Also See: Focus On Yourself Quotes
These paying attention sayings will motivate and inspire you to be accurate, precise, and meticulous in all aspects of your life.
Top 10 Pay Attention Quotes
- “If you’re not confused, you’re not paying attention.” – Tom Peters
- “The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.” – Keanu Reeves
- “Instructions for living a life. Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.” – Mary Oliver
- “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” –John Wooden
- “We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” – Epictetus
- “All you have to do is to pay attention; lessons always arrive when you are ready.” – Paulo Coelho
- “We need to pay attention to the sign posts along the way that guide us to our next step.” – Jill Downs
- “I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention.” – Diane Sawyer
- “If you take care of the small things, the big things take care of themselves. You can gain more control over your life by paying closer attention to the little things.” – Emily Dickinson
- “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It’s just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.” – Paulo Coelho
Best Quotes About Paying Attention
Paying attention to details about people, about what they say and do is a lot helpful to know others better.
If you pay attention to someone, you watch them, listen to them, or take notice of them. Concentrating on relationships and people is very important and is also a mark of respect to others and their time.
Don’t forget to read our post on I need attention quotes which you can relate to.
- “If something feels off, it is.” – Unknown
- “I pay attention to everything. It’s a habit.” – Unknown
- “Pay attention to detail and you’ll never be lost.” – Unknown
- “… the greatest act of love is to pay attention.” – Diane Sawyer
- “Give your full attention to what you desire.” – Dr. Stan Gravely
- “You learn something every day if you pay attention.” – Unknown
- “Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.” ― Simone Weil
- “I pay attention to everything, so I don’t miss anything.” – Unknown
- “Live in the moment and give your full attention to it.” – Reem Renno
- “Pay attention to what you’re paying attention to.” – Howard Rheingold
- “If you’re not paying attention, then you’re not doing it right.” – Unknown
- “You have to pay attention to her, or she’ll slip away from you.” – Unknown
- “Pay attention to life. Something tremendous is happening every moment.” – Sadhguru
- “I pay attention to the little things, because they tell me a lot about the big thing.” – Unknown
- “When you pay attention to detail, the big picture will take care of itself.” – Georges St-Pierre
- “I pay attention to my relationship, because it’s the little things that matter most.” – Unknown
- “When you pay attention to the little things, the big things take care of themselves.” – Unknown
- “What we do with our attention, in short, is at the heart of what makes us human.” – Rob Walker
- “A person’s action will tell you everything you need to know about them. Pay attention.” – Unknown
- “When we give our full attention, we are in effect saying, “You are worthy of my time.”” – Mary Montgomery
- “Only when we focus on something do we ‘see’ it in detail, and if we aren’t paying attention, we don’t even notice it then.” – Faris Yakob
- “Listening is loving. So be sure to give your full attention to others, in all areas of your life, to excel in your communications.” – Joyce Weiss
- “Remember, your attention is like a constantly flowing stream. It is at its most powerful when it is directed clearly onto one thing.” – Susan Pearse
- “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen. Pay attention to the signs, they will tell you what you need to know.” – Unknown
- “Our attention is finite—a precious resource that was hardwired to function a specific way thousands of years ago and that has not changed.” – Carson Tate
- “Attention is a precious faculty; the mind may forget what it has learned, but the faculty of being attentive, once acquired, is never lost.” – Texas School Journal
- “Never share your weakness with anybody unless you have already conquered it. Be sure to always give attention where attention is needed.” – Errick A. Ford
- “When we give our full attention to the present moment and what we are interacting with, we take past and future out of the relationship, except for practical matters.” – JoEllen Goertz Koerner
- “I pay attention to everything, and everyone. I’m always listening, always looking for clues—what’s on your mind, what you’re hiding behind your eyes. You can’t keep anything from me, so why try?” – Unknown
- “Pay Attention To Her! When a woman is “tripping” she cares. When a woman is “mad” she believed in you and you let her down. When she’s “asking questions” she is trying to gain clarity. When she’s quiet and letting things “slide” she is giving up. And when she’s not doing any of the above just know you lost a good woman.” – Unknown
Pay Close Attention Quotes
- “Paying attention is part of loving.” – Unknown
- “Pay attention to the signs. It is what it looks like.” – Unknown
- “If you don’t pay attention, you will miss all the signs.” – Unknown
- “Pay attention to when and why they want to talk to you.” – Unknown
- “Pay attention to the little things, they are all connected.” – Unknown
- “If you’re not nervous then you’re not paying attention.” – Miles Davis
- “Attention shapes our lives personally and collectively.” – Sebastian Watzl
- “Pay attention to the details and the big picture falls into place.” – Unknown
- “There is meaning in all things. But are you paying attention?” – Yasmin Mogahed
- “Pay attention to her, she’s the one you’ll be with for the rest of your life.” – Unknown
- “Tell me to what you pay attention and I will tell you who you are.” – Jose Ortega y Gasset
- “I pay attention to everything. It’s just that some things I pay more attention to than others.” – Unknown
- “If someone is looking for attention that bad, I figure they must need some attention!” – Lawrence J. Cohen
- “I don’t pay attention to the world ending. It has ended for me many times and began again in the morning.” – Unknown
- “Your attention, the intention that accompanies it, and where you focus it, can alter your perception of reality.” – Sarah McLean
- “Since life isn’t always as you see it, it is important for you to start focusing your attention only on those that truly deserve.” – RD king
- “Pay attention to details. The most important things are often overlooked in the search for things greater than the obvious.” – Unknown
- “Attention really is a currency that you exchange to get something back: Awareness, understanding or connection.” – Susan Pearse
- “Ideally you should be so eager to get a message across that your attention becomes more on your words than the audience.” – Robert S. Guthrie
- “Your undivided attention and ability to be present for yourself and the people in your life creates the purest and most profound love.” – Fiona Brennan
- “What you pay attention to grows. If your attention is attracted to negative situations and emotions, then they will grow in your awareness.” – Deepak Chopra
- “An expert is someone who has succeeded in making decisions and judgments simpler through knowing what to pay attention to and what to ignore.” – Edward de Bono
- “Pay attention to the things you are naturally drawn to. They are often connected to your path, passion, and purpose in life. Have the courage to follow them.” – Ruben Chavez
- “The secret is here in the present. If you pay attention to the present, you can improve upon it. And, if you improve on the present, what comes later will also be better.” – The Alchemist Paulo Coelho
- “I think that’s an important thing to do, to really pay attention to negative feedback, and solicit it, particularly from friends. This may sound like simple advice, but hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.” – Elon Musk
- “Choice of attention – to pay attention to this and ignore that – is to the inner life what choice of action is to the outer. In both cases, a man is responsible for his choice and must accept the consequences, whatever they may be.” – W. H. Auden
Famous Paying Attention Quotes
- “I don’t pay attention to the ratings.” – Martha Plimpton
- “Pay attention; see with the eyes of love.” – Magdala Marie Gilbert
- “People show their true colors, unintentionally. Pay attention.” – Unknown
- “You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one.” – Paulo Coelho
- “You should pay attention to the people who encourage you.” – Kaleel Jamison
- “Some entertainers don’t pay attention to what’s going on around them.” – Louis C. K.
- “People may not tell you how they feel about you, but they always show you. Pay attention.” – Keri Hilson
- “The best advice I ever heard was to only pay attention to what people do and forget everything they say.” – Unknown
- “Time becomes a decisive factor when attention really only may be paid to one thing at a time.” – Vincent F. Hendricks
- “If we only pay attention to the people who are shouting at the microphone, we are not thinking systemically or developing integral vision.” – Mark Gerzon
- “You can choose where to place your attention on the wisdom of the ease of the divine essence or on the constant noise of your mind.” – Dale A. Johnson
- “One way of being real is to grasp the connection between the importance of each part of your life and what you actually pay attention to every day.” – Stewart D. Friedman
- “I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted.” – Dalai Lama
- “Do not try to be what you are not, be what you are. The Universe has a built in truth recognizer, what ever is false about you, it will expose to light, either through you or others, pay attention.” – Marcus Thomas
- “I used to be a real prince charming if I went on a date with a girl. But then I’d get to where I was likely to have a stroke from the stress of keeping up my act. I’ve since learned the key to a good date is to pay attention on her.” – Matthew Perry
- “Pay attention to the way people act when you’re not doing well. Pay attention to who reaches out and who defends you when you need it most. Pay attention to who’s constantly concern with your well-being and who genuinely wants what’s best for you and who doesn’t. Pay close attention, that’s all… knowing the difference between who you deserve and who you don’t… is everything.” – r.m. drake
Let us know which of the above attention sayings and quotes you resonate the most with? If you have a quote which is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.