Looking for heaven quotes? Here is a list of heaven quotes, sayings, and phrases that will serve as a gentle reminder that life is about more than just existing physically and that we are a part of something bigger than ourselves.
Heaven is a concept that has been central to many religions and cultures throughout history. It is often depicted as a place of eternal peace, happiness, and bliss, where souls go after death to be reunited with loved ones and enjoy the presence of a higher power.
Heaven quotes are significant because they can provide us with a look into nature’s majesty and mystery of the cosmos.
They can assist us in thinking through important issues in life like the purpose of life and where we fit in the universe.
Also Read: Universe Quotes
Also, they can reassure us that there is better existence beyond this life and give us hope through difficult times.
Heaven quotations can also provide direction and inspiration for our daily life.
One of the most common beliefs about heaven is that it is a place where one is in the presence of divine beings, such as God or angels.
Heaven and the idea of serenity are frequently used interchangeably. It is thought to be a location where there is no conflict or pain and where a person can find the highest level of tranquillity and harmony.
Those who are going through turbulence or suffering in their lives often find consolation and solace in the idea of heaven as a place of calm.
Overall, the importance of heaven quotes lies in their ability to offer us a glimpse into the transcendent and to inspire us to live our lives with purpose and meaning.
Top 10 Heaven Quotes
- “Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.” – Thomas Moore
- “The love of heaven makes one heavenly.” – William Shakespeare
- “Let your hope of heaven master your fear of death.” – William Gurnall
- “When I die, I hope to go to Heaven, whatever the Hell that is.” – Ayn Rand
- “My home is in Heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” – Billy Graham
- “Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward Heaven.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “Heaven on Earth is a choice you must make, not a place you must find.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Heaven is a state of mind, not a location, since Spirit is everywhere and in everything.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can’t supply is proof that Heaven must be our home.” – C. S. Lewis
- “The kingdom of Heaven is a condition of the heart, not something that comes upon the earth or after death.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Best Quotes About Heaven To Uplift Your Spirits
- “Joy is the serious business of Heaven.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company.” – Mark Twain
- “As long as you do things for God, you are a Hall of Famer in heaven’s list.” – Rick Warren
- “Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, Or what’s a heaven for?” – Robert Browning
- “That moment when you need someone, but they’re in heaven.. so you cry instead.” – Unknown
- “If you believe in God, He will open the windows of heaven and pour blessings upon you.” – Mahalia Jackson
- “I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I’m surrounded by angels, and I call them my best friends.” – Pamela Daranjo
- “I fear lies more than death. Simply, because even the ideas of heaven and hell might fall within its domain.” – Mwanandeke Kindembo
- “There are nettles everywhere, but smooth, green grasses are more common still; the blue of heaven is larger than the cloud.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Good news from heaven the angels bring, Glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given, to crown us with the joy of heaven.” –Martin Luther
- “The most thrilling thing about heaven is that Jesus Christ will be there. I will see Him face to face. Jesus Christ will meet us at the end of life’s journey.” – Billy Graham
- “The Bible tells us that Jesus Christ came to do three things. He came to have my past forgiven, you get a purpose for living and a home in Heaven.” – Rick Warren
- “The way to Heaven is ascending; we must be content to travel uphill, though it be hard and tiresome, and contrary to the natural bias of our flesh.” – Jonathan Edwards
- “You know, eternal life does not start when we go to heaven. It starts the moment you reach out to Jesus. He never turns His back on anyone. And He is waiting for you.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- “The voice to me you know it sounded so sweet. The angels in heaven done signed my name. It sounded like Jesus talking to me. The angels in heaven done signed my name.” – Chris Rodrigues
Heavenly Quotes To Inspire Peace
The idea of peace is sometimes linked to heaven. One can supposedly find the utmost quiet and serenity there, where there is no strife or pain.
You May Also Like: Peace of Mind Quotes
Furthermore, the notion of heaven as a peaceful place might motivate us to strive for happiness and peace in our own lives and in the communities where we live.
- “Heaven is the place on Earth with you.” – Unknown
- “I wish there were visiting hours in heaven.” – Unknown
- “I miss you, but heaven is so, so lucky to have you.” – Unknown
- “Our earthly loss is always a heavenly gain.” – Antonio Talbert
- “On Earth, there is no heaven, but there are pieces of it.” – Jules Renard
- “I know Heaven must be beautiful right now… because it has you in it.” – Unknown
- “Heaven doesn’t make this life less important; it makes it more important.” – Billy Graham
- “My soul can find no staircase to Heaven unless it is through Earth’s loveliness.” – Michelangelo
- “Heaven is not a state of mind. Heaven is reality itself. All that is fully real is Heavenly.” – C. S. Lewis
- “I have found heaven on earth, since heaven is God, and God is in my soul.” – Elizabeth of the Trinity
- “The Kingdom of Heaven is a military autocracy and there is no public opinion in it.” – Anatole France
- “The way to heaven is not being up above in the sky, it is being down to the earth.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “Your place in Heaven will seem to be made for you and you alone because you were made for it.” – C. S. Lewis
Quotes Of Heaven To Uplift Your Mood
- “One may tolerate a world of demons for the sake of an angel.” – Steven Moffat
- “Sing like there’s nobody listening, And live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
- “All the way to Heaven is heaven because He said, “I am the Way.” – ST. Catherine of Siena
- “Heaven will be inherited by every man who has heaven in his soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The Bible says, angels rejoice in heaven when one sinner comes to Christ.” – Carol Nkambule
- “The way you store up treasure in Heaven is by investing in getting people there” – Rick Warren
- “What makes earth feel like hell is our expectation that it should feel like heaven.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “Aim at heaven and you will get earth “thrown in”: aim at earth and you will get neither.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Of all the music that reached farthest into Heaven, it is the beating of a loving heart.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The Bible says that God has a reason for keeping us here; if He didn’t, He would take us to Heaven far sooner.” – Billy Graham
- “If you keep your eyes so fixed on Heaven that you never look at the Earth, you will stumble into Hell.” – Austin O’Malley
- “When someone dies, an angel is there to meet them at the gates of Heaven to let them know that their life has just begun.” – Unknown
- “Heaven and Hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue.” – David Hume
- “We do not wish to enter Heaven until our work is done, for it would make us uneasy if there were one single soul left to be saved by our means.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “We ought to fly away from earth to Heaven as quickly as we can. And to fly away is to become like God, far as this is possible; and to become like him is to become holy, just, and wise.” – Plato
Beautiful Heaven Quotes
There are many beautiful and inspiring quotes about heaven that reflect the deep spiritual and emotional significance of this concept.
Some express the joy and beauty of heaven, while others offer comfort and solace to those who have experienced loss or hardship.
Whether through poetry, prose, or scripture, these quotes provide a glimpse into the rich and diverse tapestry of beliefs and experiences that surround the idea of heaven.
- “This isn’t heaven, so don’t expect it to be.” – Max Lucado
- “I think Heaven will be like a first kiss.” – Sarah Addison Allen
- “Earth’s crammed with heaven.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Heaven grant us patience with a man in love.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “In Heaven, all the interesting people are missing.” – Fredrich Nietzsche
- “Heaven does not make holiness, but holiness makes heaven.” – Phillips Brooks
- “Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.” — Joe Louis
- “My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Endeavor to create heaven on earth and turn your heart into the new Jerusalem.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “While the wish of many individuals is to arrive at heaven, we daily behold them on the way to hell.” – William Scott Downey
- “To create something from nothing is one of the greatest feelings, and I would – I don’t know, I wish it upon everybody. It’s heaven.” – Prince
- “Always follow your bliss; bliss is heavenly. Life will be divinely beautiful and grow spiritually. Life will be beautiful, peaceful, blissful, and divine.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves – or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.” – Ayn Rand
- “Jesus said, ‘The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.’ I think if he lived nowadays, instead of ‘kingdom,’ he would have said, ‘dimension.’ And ‘heaven’ refers to a sense of vastness or spaciousness.” – Eckhart Tolle
Famous Heaven Quotes To Live By
Various religions and cultures have distinctive views on who is eligible for heaven and how to get there.
Beyond religion, numerous pieces of art and literature have been influenced by the notion of heaven as a serene place.
For instance, heaven is portrayed as a realm of harmony and order where angels live in perfect obedience and oneness in John Milton’s epic poem “Paradise Lost.”
- “I would rather go to heaven alone than go to hell in company.” – R.A. Torrey
- “With deep humility, we shall behold the heavenly blessings.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “He whose head is in heaven need not fear to put his feet into the grave.” – Matthew Henry
- “For victory in life, we’ve got to keep focused on the goal, and the goal is Heaven.” – Lou Holtz
- “Between us and heaven or hell there is only life, which is the frailest thing in the world.” – Blaise Pascal
- “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there.” – Steve Jobs
- “The sons of God are different because they are givers, just like their Heavenly father.” – Sunday Adelaja
- “The blessed of us must save the less of us. I’m blessed, and yeah, I’m planning to go to Heaven.” – Mr. T.
- “How sweet is rest after fatigue! How sweet will heaven be when our journey is ended.” – George Whitefield
- “Experiencing Heaven is the most real thing that’s ever happened to me. I did not want to come back.” – Don Piper
- “We may be surprised at the people we find in heaven. God has a soft spot for sinners. His standards are quite low.” – Desmond Tutu
- “Those who go to Heaven ride on a pass and enter into blessings that they never earned, but all who go to hell pay their own way.” – John R. Rice
- “I would not give one moment of heaven for all the joy and riches of the world, even if it lasted for thousands and thousands of years.” – Martin Luther
- “For the Christian, heaven is where Jesus is. We do not need to speculate on what heaven will be like. It is enough to know that we will be forever with Him.” – William Barclay
- “Heaven is long-enduring, and earth continues to long. The reason why heaven and earth are able to endure and continue thus long is because they do not live of, or for, themselves.” – Lao Tzu
Heaven Quotes From The Bible
Overall, the Bible’s passages on heaven give believers encouragement and hope by reiterating God’s promise of eternal life.
These verses give solace to individuals who are grieving or suffering by reminding them that there is a better afterlife where grief and agony are eradicated.
- “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” – Ecclesiastes 3:1
- “But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.” – 2 Peter 3:13
- “At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne.” – Revelation 4:2
- “But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 3:20
- “Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it.” – Deuteronomy 10:14
- “Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” – Matthew 5:12
- “There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” – Acts 4:12
- “The Lord looks down from heaven on the children of man, to see if there are any who understand, who seek after God.” – Psalm 14:2
- “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.” – Isaiah 65:17
- “There will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” – Luke 15:7
- “Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” – Matthew 19:14
- “The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” – 2 Timothy 4:18
- “But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.” – Hebrews 11:16
- “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.” – Psalm 19:1-2
- “Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 5:19
Furthermore, heaven quotes can offer guidance and inspiration for how we should live our lives.
In this way, heaven quotes can serve as a moral compass, guiding us toward a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
Also Read: Watching Over You From Heaven Quotes
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more to motivate them every morning.