“Ah, Halloween – that magical time of year when pumpkins glow, costumes come to life, and spooky tales dance in the air. As the moon rises and the night takes hold, we step into a world where ‘double, double toil and trouble’ fills the atmosphere, and every corner whispers of ‘trick or treat.’ So, gather ’round, as we explore the enchanting world of Halloween quotes, sayings, and phrases that will surprise you!
This year, Halloween falls on Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
Alright, folks, gather ’round because it’s that time of the year again – the spooktacular extravaganza known as Halloween!
A night when the pumpkins are grinning mischievously, houses transformed into haunted castles, and kids running around in costumes that range from adorable to downright eerie.
Also See: Halloween Captions
One special thing about Halloween is when people put on costumes. They dress up like different characters, monsters, or famous people. This comes from an old idea that if you dress up, ghosts and spirits won’t know who you are. It’s like a way to hide from them. Kids also really like to do this.
But Halloween isn’t just for the little humans. Oh no, it’s for everyone who’s young at heart. Costume parties, haunted houses that make you shriek like you’ve never shrieked before, and horror movie marathons that leave you sleeping with the lights on for a week.
The real question is: can you survive the night without getting spooked out of your wits?
And the decorations? Well, let’s just say cobwebs, skeletons, and witches’ hats become suddenly fashionable. Your home can look like a scene straight out of a horror movie, and you’re applauded for it. “Oh, look at that front yard cemetery, how cute!”
So, whether you’re into supernatural shenanigans, candy mania, or just an excuse to dress up as a giant taco (because why not?), Halloween’s got you covered and these quotes for Halloween will be perfect for your scary decors, cards, messages, and captions.
It’s a day where being a little spooky, a little kooky, and a lot of fun is the name of the game. Get ready to embrace your inner ghost or goblin and make this Halloween one to remember… if you dare! ??
Top 10 Halloween Quotes
- “When the witches went waltzing.” — Linda Williams
- “It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared.” — Vincent Price
- “Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative.” — Judy Gold
- “There is something haunting in the light of the moon.” — Joseph Conrad
- “We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” — Stephen King
- “Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.” — Rusty Fischer
- “Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” — Steve Almond
- “Darkness falls across the land, The Midnight Hour is close at hand.” — Rodney Lynn Temperton
- “October was always the least dependable of months … full of ghosts and shadows.” — Joy Fielding
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.” — Wednesday Addams, “The Addams Family”
Best Halloween Quotes
- “I put a spell on you because you’re mine.” — Jay Hawkins
- “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “For a witch, you certainly don’t know much about how hauntings work.” — Colleen Houck
- “The world turned upside down — in a good way — for one black velvet night.” — Karen Fortunati
- “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for out wits to grow sharper.” — Eden Phillpots
- “Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.” — Ichabod Crane, “Sleepy Hollow”
- “Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.” — Elvis Duran
- “Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve.” — Ray Bradbury
- “I’ve seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” — Elizabeth, “Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives”
- “A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.” — Lucy Van Pelt, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
Funny Halloween Quotes
- “Never trust the living.” — Beetlejuice
- “If you’ve got it, haunt it.” — Rose Pressey
- “The suspense is terrible. I hope it’ll last.” — Willy Wonka
- “On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me.” — Rodney Dangerfield
- “Halloween is huge in my house and we really get into the ‘spirits’ of things.” — Dee Snider
- “I don’t understand it. I went trick-or-treating and all I got was a bag full of rocks.” — Charlie Brown
- “Wench! Trollop! You bucktoothed, mop-riding firefly from hell!” — Billy Butcherson, Hocus Pocus
- “From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!” — Scottish Saying
- “The witches fly, Across the sky,The owls go, ‘Who? Who? Who?’ The black cats yowl, And green ghosts howl, ‘Scary Halloween to you!’” — Nina Willis Walter
- “I dropped the candies into the children’s bags, thinking: You small mortals don’t realize the power of your stories.” — Karen Russell, Vampires in the Lemon Grove
Halloween Inspirational Quotes
- “I must go in. The fog is rising.” — Emily Dickinson
- “I’m wicked through and through.” — Elphaba, Wicked
- “Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative.” — Judy Gold
- “Halloween shadows played upon the walls of the houses.” — Eleanor Estes
- “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.” — Unknown
- “We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!” — Humbert Wolfe
- “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.” — Evan Peters
- “On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” — Nicholas Gordon
- “Magic is really very simple, all you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.” — Aggie Cromwell, “Halloweentown”
- “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.” — Douglas Copeland
Halloween Quotes for Scary Instagram Posts
- “A mask tells us more than a face.” — Oscar Wilde
- “Witch parking. All others will be toad.” — Unknown
- “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” — Mason Cooley
- “Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep.” — A Nightmare on Elm Street
- “Well, fancy! We desire children.” — Winifred Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
- “I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.” — Unknown
- “It’s a full moon tonight. That’s why all the weirdos are out.” — Dani, Hocus Pocus
- “That’s the problem. He was dead to begin with.” — Ichabod Crane, Sleepy Hollow
- “I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.” — Gomez, The Addams Family
- “I’m a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else.” — Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
Halloween Sayings For Spooky Spirit
- “Where there is no imagination there is no horror.” — Arthur Conan Doyle
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” — L.M. Montgomery
- “It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare.” — Brackett, “Halloween”
- “There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” — George Carlin
- “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.” — William Shakespeare
- “Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?” — Linus, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”
- “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun.” — Midgard Morningstar
- “She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true.” — Shannon A. Thompson
- “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat …” — Nicholas Gordon
- “’Tis the night — the night of the graves delight and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they — it is they.” — Cleveland Coxe
Halloween Phrases For The Spooky Spirit
- “It’s all just a bunch of hocus pocus!” — Max, “Hocus Pocus”
- “Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us.” — Tim Burton
- “There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.” — Colette
- “There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.” — Unknown
- “Listen to them — the children of the night. What music they make!” — Bram Stoker
- “Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
- “By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes.” — William Shakespeare
- “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.” — Unknown
- “During the day, I don’t believe in ghosts. At night, I’m a little more open-minded.” — Unknown
- “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!”” — Dexter Kozen
Best Quotes For Halloween 
- “Where my ghouls at?” — Monster High
- “Be afraid, be very afraid.” — Ronnie, “The Fly”
- “Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!” — Rusty Fischer
- “They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious, and spooky.” — Andrew Gold
- “On Halloween, you get to become anything that you want to be.” — Ava Dellaria
- “The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.” happy Halloween! — Unknown
- “When the witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ’tis near Halloween.” — Unknown
- “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.” — Paula Guran
- “There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch.” — Robert Brault
- “Oh, how the candles will be lit and the wood of worm burn in a fiery dust. For on all Hallows Eve will the spirits come to play, and only the fruit of thy womb will satisfy their endless roaming.” — Solange Nicole
More Halloween Quotes and Captions
Some Fun & Interesting Halloween Facts
- Ancient Celtic Origins: Halloween comes from the ancient Celtic festival called Samhain, which marked the end of summer and believed the dead and living were close.
- Trick-or-Treating History: Trick-or-treating started with people going door-to-door for food in exchange for prayers for the dead on All Hallows’ Eve.
- Jack-o’-Lantern Legend: Jack-o’-lanterns come from a tale about Stingy Jack, who tricked the Devil and carried a lantern made from a turnip.
- Candy Corn Beginnings: Candy corn was created in the 1880s to resemble corn kernels during harvest.
- Haunted Houses Origin: Haunted houses came from the medieval practice of “mumming” or dressing in costumes for plays or tricks.
- Black Cats and Beliefs: Black cats are linked to witches and bad luck during Halloween, although they’re considered good luck in some cultures.
- Commercial Importance: Halloween is the second-largest commercial holiday in the U.S. after Christmas.
- Heaviest Pumpkin Record: The world record for the heaviest pumpkin was set at 2,350 pounds in 2020.
- Favorite Candies: Top Halloween candies include Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, and M&M’s.
- Dia de los Muertos: Halloween has similarities with Mexico’s Dia de los Muertos but has its own history and customs.
Let us know which of the above Halloween captions and quotes you resonate the most with. If you have a quote that is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc..to spread the spooky vibes this Halloween.