Looking for famous quotes from Arnold Rothstein? We have rounded up the best collection of Arnold Rothstein quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) about life, gambling, money and more that you can relate to.
Arnold Rothstein was an American racketeer, businessman, gambler, and crime boss in New York City.
He was nicknamed “The Brain“, and he was widely known for organized crime in professional athletics. He was even known for conspiring to fix the 1919 World Series.
Rothstein was a mentor of future gangsters such as Lucky Luciano, Frank Costello, Meyer Lansky, and numerous others.
He transformed organized crime into a big business with the help of many criminals and ran his business like a corporation, keeping himself on the top.
His notoriety and life inspired many fictional characters, portrayed in contemporary short stories, novels, and films, including the character of Michael Stuhlbarg in the HBO series Boardwalk Empire.
Best Arnold Rothstein Quotes
- “The more money the louder it talks.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “Ambition can be read as impatience.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “No one likes a long shot more than a gambler.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “A deal will always wait, and a fool will always rush in.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “Look out for Number One. If you don’t, no one else will.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “Don’t go away. I don’t want to be alone. I can’t stand being alone.” – Arnold Rothstein
“A reputation takes a lifetime to build and only seconds to destroy.” – Arnold Rothstein
“Flip a coin. When it’s in the air, you’ll know which side you’re hoping for.” – Arnold Rothstein
“All of man’s troubles come from his inability to sit quietly in a room, by himself.” – Arnold Rothstein
“Anyone who’d sell out a whole town wouldn’t hesitate to double-cross one man.” – Arnold Rothstein
Famous Arnold Rothstein Quotes
- [On gambling] “I create my luck.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “Nothing says I’m sorry like money.” – Arnold Rothstein
“I prefer to make my living honestly.” – Arnold Rothstein
“I have thick skin – quite pale as you can see – but very thick.” – Arnold Rothstein
“As long as they’re willing to pay to prove it, I’m willing to let them.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “She hates me and you hate me, but you all love Harry. Nobody loves me.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “Your grandstanding is commendable, but I have to say, I’m less than convinced.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “It’s the age of information. And a businessman lives, and sometimes dies, on its value.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “There’s only so much you can teach a person until you reach the limits of his capabilities.” – Arnold Rothstein
- “A girl goes to bed with 10 fellows, who’s gonna believe her when she says the 11th is the father?” – Arnold Rothstein
Popular Quotes By Arnold Rothstein
- “Who cares about that stuff? This is America, not Jerusalem. I’m an American. Let Harry be a Jew.” – Arnold Rothstein
“I’m a successful gambler because I never bet on an event whose outcome I’m not sure of in advance.” – Arnold Rothstein
“If a man is dumb, someone is going to get the best of him, so why not you? If you don’t, you’re as dumb as he is.” – Arnold Rothstein
“I’m approached by people everyday with all manner of hair-brained schemes. Certainly, suffering fools. It can’t be illegal.” – Arnold Rothstein
“You know what the nice thing is about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie [Charlie “Lucky” Luciano]? Bars between you and the monkeys.” – Arnold Rothstein
“The morale of this story is that if I caused a stranger to choke to death for my own amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you…?” – Arnold Rothstein
“Some days I make 20 bets. Some days, I make none…so I wait, plan, marshal my resources. And when I finally see an opportunity and there is a bet to make, I bet it all.” – Arnold Rothstein
“Somehow, I had the feeling that I was responsible for Harry being dead. I remembered all the times that I wished he were dead, all the times I had dreamed of killing him. I got to thinking that maybe my wishing had finally killed him.” – Arnold Rothstein
“I’ve made my living, Mr. Thompson [Enoch Thompson], in large part as a gambler. Some days I make 20 bets. Some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months in fact, when I don’t make a bet at all because there simply is no play.” – Arnold Rothstein
“The majority of the human race are dubs and dumbells. They have rotten judgement and no brains, and when you have learned to do things and how to size people up and dope out methods for yourself, they jump to the conclusion that you are crooked.” – Arnold Rothstein
“Do you think I entered into this arrangement because I value your companionship? You are a convenience, of geography and supply. You promised a quantity and a price. You have failed to deliver! And now, owing to your inability to manage your own affairs in New Jersey – a state I have little interest in.” – Arnold Rothstein
Arnold was the first one to realize that enormous wealth can be created through prohibition, he understood that you can dominate people by giving them what they want.
Rothstein was murdered in 1928 when he refused to pay a huge debt in a fixed poker game. His illegal empire was then taken over by several underworld organizations which led to the downfall of Tammany Hall.
Which of these quotes by Arnold Rothstein resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.