Read some of the best fate quotes and sayings that will give you a deep perspective of the greater plan or higher power guiding our lives.
Fate is a philosophical and spiritual topic that has been debated for centuries. Some people believe in fate and believe that certain events are preordained in life.
Others may believe in free will, which implies that we have the power to shape our lives through our choices and actions.
Whether someone believes in fate or not is a personal perspective, influenced by their cultural, religious, and philosophical beliefs.
It’s important to respect different viewpoints on this matter, as it is ultimately a matter of personal interpretation.
Whether you believe in fate, karma, or your own choices, just remember that life is full of limitless opportunities and we can do anything we think of.
Top 10 Fate Quotes
- “Fate will find a way.”– Virgil
- “Fate doesn’t care about your plans.” ― Unknown
- “Fate loves the fearless.” ― James Russell Lowell
- “Fate leads the willing, and drags along the reluctant.” – Seneca
- “I believe that fate is choices – it’s not chance.” – Wayne Newton
- “What’s meant to be will always find a way.” ― Trisha Yearwood
- “There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…” ― John Lennon
- “Fate is the hand of cards we’ve been dealt. Choice is how we play the hand.” ― Marshall Goldsmith
- “Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Fate, show thy force; ourselves we do not owe; what is decreed must be, and be this so.” ― William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
Famous Quotes About Fate
- “Actions are the seed of fate.”- Harry S Truman
- “We create our fate every day we live.”- Henry Miller
- “Take destiny in your own hands.” – Chanda Kochhar
- “Fate is not quite as strange as it appears!”- John McLeod
- “Each man is the architect of his own fate.”- Appius Claudius
- “Fate is not an eagle, it creeps like a rat.” ― Elizabeth Bowen
- “Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.” ― Allen Saunders
- “Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.” ― Lemony Snicket
- “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “Fate is the friend of the good, the guide of the wise, the tyrant of the foolish, the enemy of the bad.” ― William Rounseville Alger
Best Quotes For Fate
- “If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.”– Amy Tan
- “Control your own destiny or someone else will.” – Jack Welch
- “Fate and self-help share equally in shaping our destiny.”– Proverb
- “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Irony is Fate’s most common figure of speech.” – Trevanian
- “Never let fear decide your destiny.” ― Lucinda Riley
- “Everything happens when it’s supposed to.”- Michelle C. Ustaszeski
- “Take it from me, Fate doesn’t care most of the time.” – Diana Wynne Jones
- “There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” – Mandy Hale
- “Granting our wish is one of Fate’s saddest jokes..” – James Russell Lowell
- “Fate is a sea without a shore, and the soul is a rock that abides.” — Algernon Charles
- “We are spinning our own fates, good or evil, and never to be undone.” ― James Williams
- “Some things are destined to be — it just takes us a couple of tries to get there.” – J.R. Ward
- “Our fate lives within us; you only have to be brave enough to see it.” — Merida, Brave.
- “Fate is something you believe in when things are not going well. When they are, you forget it.” – Aubrey Menen
Fate Quotes & Sayings
- “Character is destiny.” – Heraclitus
- “Fate pulls you in different directions.” – Clint Eastwood
- “Fate rules the affairs of mankind with no recognizable order.”- Seneca
- “Living an experience, a particular fate is accepting it fully.”- Albert Camus
- “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
- “You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it.” – Goldie Hawn
- “If you believe in fate, believe in it, a least, for your good.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
- “Fate means seeing the hand of God move clearly through your life, even with your eyes closed.”- Rusty Fischer
- It is a sad fate for a man to die too well known to everybody else, and still unknown to himself.”- Francis Bacon
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Sometimes life has a cruel sense of humor, giving you the thing you always wanted at the worst time possible.” – Lisa Kleypas
- “We are all subject to the fates. But we must act as if we are not, or die of despair.” – Philip Pullman
- “It’s no use crying over spilt milk, because all of the forces of the universe were bent on spilling it.” – W. Somerset Maugham
- “Do not be afraid; our fate cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.” – Dante Alighieri
- “Remember, upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” – Alexander the Great
- “I’m not somebody that thinks about destiny and fate, but I don’t walk away from it when something unfolds.” – Angelina Jolie
- “We can’t choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.” – J.K. Rowling
- “I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.” – Buddha
- Ask not what tomorrow may bring, but count as blessing every day that fate allows you. – Horace
- “There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent, or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.” ― Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.” – Hermann Hesse
- “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” – Joan of Arc
- “Perhaps Fate laid out your life for you like a dress on a bed, and you could either wear it or go naked.” – Laini Taylor
- “Fate is never fair. You are caught in a current much stronger than you are; struggle against it and you’ll drown not just yourself but those who try to save you. Swim with it, and you’ll survive.” – Cassandra Clare
Fate Meant To Be Together Quotes For Love
- “Love cannot save you from your own fate.” – Jim Morrison
- “Fate decides who comes into your life, your heart decides who stays.” — Unknown
- “You don’t find love, it finds you. It’s got a little bit to do with destiny, fate, and what’s written in the stars.” — Anais Nin
- “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another.” – Thomas Merton
- “Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was by choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.” — Unknown
- “Eventually, you’ll end up where you need to be, with who you’re meant to be with, and doing what you should be doing.” – Unknown.
- “I think sometimes, despite our good intentions and wise choices, something’s are up to fate and we learn to play our part the best we can.” — Nikki Rowe
- “Fate is how your life unfolds when you let fear determine your choices. A path of destiny reveals itself to you, however, when you confront your fear and make conscious choices.” ― Caroline Myss
- “Predetermined fate is the slogan of the incapable people; with better ideas, you can always have a better fate!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
Fate Vs. Destiny
The terms fate and destiny are often used interchangeably, but they carry distinct meanings.
Fate is the idea that events are predetermined and unavoidable as if there’s a plan already set in motion. It suggests that our actions and outcomes are beyond our control, and things happen regardless of our choices.
On the other hand, destiny is more about the potential and possibilities in our lives. It’s the belief that our actions and decisions can shape our future. Destiny allows for free will, meaning we can make choices that influence what happens to us.
In short, fate suggests that everything is preordained, while destiny gives us some room to create our path through our choices and actions.
In simple terms, fate is like a script written beforehand, and everything happens as written, while destiny gives you some room to write your own script through the choices you make. Fate is fixed, and destiny is flexible based on your actions.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to spread the positive vibes and share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.