Looking for quotes about strict parenting? We have rounded up the best collection of strict parents quotes, sayings captions, (with images and pictures) that you might relate to if you have a strict mom or dad who stick by the rules.
Strict parents are authoritative and focus to instill obedience, discipline, and are quite controlling. Some parents are lenient and often neglect the discipline in children while some are quite good at nurturing them with care, love and a bit of freedom.
Also See: Love Your Parents Quotes
Though the love is unconditional is all forms of parenting, but too much strict attitude by parents may be bad in some situations. Though kids may be very well behaved and well mannered but they may have self-esteem issues as per researches.
- Strict Parents Quotes
- Quotes About Having Strict Mother Or Father
The best attitude is to keep a balance between strictness and a going a little easy. If you liked these quotes then also check out our article on parent and child relationship quotes.
Strict Parents Quotes
- “Strict parents creates sneaky kids.”
- “Conservative Parents – Rebellious Children.”
- “I don’t know if I’m a strict parent or a pushover.” – Liam Neeson
- “My parents were incredibly strict, almost military style.”- John Leguizamo
- “My parents were really strict about me not watching cartoons.” – Questlove
- “Being a parent means loving your children more than you’ve ever loved yourself.”
- “A lot of parents will do anything for their kids except let them be themselves.” – Banksy
- “Having a parent who is controlling and or overly strict lowers a child’s IQ and confidence.”
- “I wish my parents had been more strict and made me learn more instruments.”- Agnes Obel
- “My parents had very strict rules for me. Rules like, I couldn’t be home until a certain hour.”- Emo Philips
- “My parents were strict, but it was the world I lived in. I had no idea there was a world outside.”- Katy Perry
- “I’m so tired of having strict, protective parents. There’s a point where it gets annoying, and it’s reached that point.”
- “My parents are really quite strict, so I have to be home at a certain time – even now, at the age of 25.”- Tena Desae
- “I think what my parents did was perfect. They were strict, concerned about my safety and held me back just a little.” – Dan O’Brien
- “Yes, my parents are strict about me having a childhood. I go ice skating and sledding, and swimming in the summer.”- Jackie Evancho
- “My parents gave me a strict upbringing, which at times has caused me to suffer distress but today I am grateful to them for it.”- Brigitte Bardot
- “Strict parents create sneaky kids’ is true. My parents were super overprotective (still are) and I sneak out my window to meet my boyfriend at night.”
- “My house was very strange. I didn’t do things other kids did because my parents were very strict – I stayed at home, quiet in my room.” – Alessia Cara
- “My parents were strict and taught me the proper fundamentals that I would use in my life. They taught me commitment to work hard.”- Billy Casper
- “Parents, they’re strict on you when you’re little, and you don’t understand why. But as you get older, you understand and you appreciate it.”- Grant Hill
- “My parents were always very strict, and they gave me the right beliefs in how to treat people. It was very strict and all about morals – I try to pass that on to my own children.” – David Beckham
- “I wasn’t rebellious. Other friends had far stricter parents and where there wasn’t a relationship of respect and communication, they were usually the opposite; kids go to the other extreme.” – Randa Abdel-Fattah
- “There couldn’t be better parents than mine, loving yet strict. They disciplined with love. A child without discipline is, in away, a lost child. You cannot have freedom without discipline.”- Ricardo Montalban
- “I think you have to be a little bit strict. You can’t be friend and their parent in a lot of situations, especially in this day and age where it’s so dangerous for kids. So there’s a bit of sternness, I guess, in the way I raise my kids.” – Tim McGraw
- “I don’t think it really matters whether parents are strict or lenient, as long as they’re consistent. Kids can live with more or less any set of rules so long as they know what they are. It’s arbitrary tyranny that gets them mixed up.” – Ken Follett
- “I think all kids think their parents are strict. My parents aren’t superstrict, but they seem to be stricter than most. But even though it’s like, ‘Oh, gosh, I’ve gotta be in at this time,’ they know what they’re doing. I have great parents.”- Cody Linley
- “Our parents were very strict. Not in a brutal or awful way, but there were definite rules, such as after six on a school night you didn’t go out, and at weekends you had to be home by a certain time. It wasn’t particularly sheltered, but we were well brought-up.”- Caroline Corr
- “Most parents assume that strict parenting produces better-behaved kids. However, research studies on discipline consistently show that strict, or authoritarian, child-raising actually produces unhappy kids who feel bad about themselves and behave worse than other kids and therefore get punished more!” – Dr. Laura Markham
- “Maria says: My parents are so strict, and I can’t take it anymore. Every time I ask to go out its always a no! I mean, my mom is okay, she says yes and understands me. But when it comes to my dad its always a no so I end up never going anywhere. I feel like I’m isolated and I feel like running away at times. I’m homeschooled, so this is why I cry so much and argue with them so much because I never get to go out! I don’t have a social life and I’m tired of it.”
Quotes About Having Strict Mother Or Father
If you have a strict mom or father, you know how overprotective they are. You may find it difficult to understand them. But talk with your parents and let them know your concerns, because they always have your back.
- “Strict parents, give birth to good liars…” – Simran Dhawale
- “My parents were very, very, very strict.” – Elizabeth Strout
- “I had very strict parents, I could never go outside or go to parties.” – Cardi B
- “Overly strict parenting for a child is like being a prisoner in their own home.”
- “Strict parenting raises angry kids who lose interest in pleasing their parents.”
- “Strict parents gift their grandchildren the coolest and the most understanding parents.”
- “Growing up with strict parents – If you had fun today, you cannot have it tomorrow.” – Sarthak V
- “Date a girl who has strict parents you know she not seeing any other guy…she can’t even see you.”
- “My mother was pretty strict. I hated it, but maybe it made me a bit more sensible.” – Mark Ronson
- “I was raised by a very strict, good mother, so I won’t be getting out of line anytime soon.”- Alexa Vega
- “I can look something right in the eye and lie to their face with no hesitation thanks to my strict parents.”
- “People always say that strict parents create sneaky kids. Strict parents create kids who are too scared to be sneaky.”
- “I won’t say I am a strict mother, but discipline is important. Timing and routine are important for kids.” – Karisma Kapoor
- “Growing Up With Strict Parents: Not being able to tell them anything about your personal life because you’re afraid they’ll be mad.”
- “I hate when people can’t understand I have strict parents and I have rules and I can’t just go out whenever I want or do whatever I want.”
- “Parents who doesn’t care and not strict of their children is responsible for the bad attitude adult society which ruins everyone life around them.”
- “My parents were quite strict; we couldn’t just listen to whatever music we wanted. It was very much like they monitored what we listened to.” – Laura Mvula
- “Having strict parents is really complicated like you love them as they are too possessive about you…But you hate it when this affects your plans.” – Dhanashree Kawade
- “Children do best when parents are neither overly strict nor overly permissive, providing firm structure but also allowing for dialogue, respectful conflict, and compromise.” – Lundy Bancroft
- “I wish my parents could understand: When I hang out with a boy doesn’t mean he is my boyfriend. If I’m out all night doesn’t mean I have been drinking or doing drugs. I’m a teenager I don’t always have the best attitude. I feel useless when you compare me to other people. School is hard and I’m trying my best. I’m young and want to have fun.”
With very strict parents, children find it difficult to open up. They are scared of them and so a lot of kids suffer from low confidence or low IQ levels.
Being a loving and responsible parent calls for empathic nurturing of their children, while at the same time setting boundaries is also important.
These famous what if quotes are collected from various books, movies, authors, celebrities, who give a meaningful insight about being positive and always spread the love vibes everywhere.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and encourage them have a great life and enjoy each day to the fullest.