85 Relationship Motivational Quotes To Rekindle Your Love
Looking for meaningful motivational words to make your relationship work? We have rounded up the best collection of motivational relationship quotes, sayings, captions, messages, taglines, status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to sort out your differences in your relationship.
Relationships can be complex at times. Things may not work out the way we had wanted them to. Misunderstandings, complexities, can make it difficult to sail smoothly with your partner.
Falling into a difficult relationship is not your fault, but hurting yourself by being in it and unable to cope up might result in something that can affect you in a bad way.
Also See: Fixing Relationship Quotes
The best way out is to talk it out and work out the differences. Sometimes some words of encouragement can give you the much needed nudge to clear your mind. These motivational quotes about relationships will help you understand your loved ones in a better way.
Also sometimes you may be heart-broken, betrayed, abused, or cheated. If you feel your relationship has gone bad and is not workable, then the best thing is to walk away.
The toxic or failed relationship can never be good for anyone. Instead of bearing the burden all your life, move on and make a new beginning.
We have divided these encouraging relationship quotes in these sections;
- Relationship Motivational Quotes
- Motivational Quotes For Relationships
If you like these quotes, then also find some relatable content with difficult relationship quotes for controlling partners.
Relationship Motivational Quotes
- “The first duty of love is to listen.” – Paul Tillich
- “Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.”
- “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish Proverb
- “You can’t lose something you never had.” – Kate Hudson
- “If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.”
- “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” – Eva Gabor
- “Happily ever after is not a fairy tale. It’s a choice.” – Fawn Weaver
- “Don’t try to be everything to everyone. Be everything to someone.”
- “Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.” – Carroll Bryant
- “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” – Ginni Rometty
- “He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.”
- “A true relationship is two unperfect people refusing to give up on each other.”
- “Choose your relationships wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company.”
- “People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.” – Joseph F. Newton
- “Trust is the fruit of a relationship in which you know you are loved.” – Wm. Paul Young
- “Every relationship goes through a struggle, but only strong relationships get through it.” – Anonymous
- “We were born in a time when if something was broken, we would fix it, not throw it away.” – Anonymous
- “True love doesn’t mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes.”
- “Do what you did in the beginning of a relationship and there won’t be an end.” – Anthony Robbins
- “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy – I am telling you it is going to be worth it.” – Art Williams
- “One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” -Turcois Ominek
- “A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.” – Honore de Balzac
- “When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are.” – Donald Miller
- “In a relationship each person should support the other; they should lift each other up.” – Taylor Swift
- “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr
- “No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together.” – Anonymous
- “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Relationships gets stronger when both of you are willing to understand mistakes and forgive each other.” – Anonymous
- “The one who is meant for you encourages you to be your best, but still loves and accepts you at your worst.” – Anonymous
- “A good relationship is when someone accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Being good to yourself equates to having a positive relationship with yourself and higher self-esteem.” – Sophie Winters
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “Nothing is perfect. Life is messy. Relationships are complex. Outcomes are uncertain. People are irrational.” – Hugh Mackay
- “The most beautiful thing is to see a person you love smiling. And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it.”
- “The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when someone asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “You have to recognize that there cannot be relationships unless there is commitment, unless there is loyalty, unless there is love, patience, persistence.” – Cornel West
- “Don’t give up at the first signs of friction: only through clear communication, flexibility and willingness to adapt can you find a relationship that will weather the storms of life.” – Tom Miles
- “You can’t just give up on someone because the situation’s not ideal. Great relationships aren’t great because they have no problems. They’re great because both people care enough about the other person to find a way to make it work.”
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” – Ann Landers
Motivational Quotes For Relationships
In long distance love relationships, we often see a lot of misunderstandings. The differences increases with time as the problems are not addressed in time.
Talking your heart out, discussing your issues and fears, will help you iron out the creases in your relationship.
Also See: Toxic Relationship Quotes
If you find it difficult to express yourself to your boyfriend/girlfriend or spouse, then you can also consider consultation with professionals.
These inspirational quotes will help you know, that you are not alone feeling or going through relationship problems.
These motivational quotes on relationship will help you sail through the hard time you are facing.
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
- “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” – Henry Winkler
- “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” – Confucius
- “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” – Victor Hugo
- “Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.” – Unknown
- “You don’t need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely.”
- “Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.” – Andre Breton
- “Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.” – Anais Nin
- “The royal road to a man’s heart is to talk to him about the things he treasures most.” – Dale Carnegie
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James Baldwin
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao-Tzu
- “Patience is the mark of true love. If you truly love someone, you will be more patient with that person.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – Julia Roberts
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
- “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” – Joyce Meyer
- “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Epicurus
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “It is of practical value to learn to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.” – William James
- “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” – Thomas Merton
- “Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
- “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” – William Arthur Ward
- “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner
- “When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.” – Henri Nouwen
- “A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.” – Leo F. Buscaglia
- “Some think love can be measured by the amount of butterflies in their tummy. Others think love can be measured in bunches of flowers, or by using the words ‘for ever.’ But love can only truly be measured by actions. It can be a small thing, such as peeling an orange for a person you love because you know they don’t like doing it.” – Marian Keyes
- “Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” – Anthony Robbins
- “Relationships-of all kinds-are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.” – Kaleel Jamison
Things may seem topsy turvy at times in every relationship. But having patience and faith and a clear understanding will help you sail through the tough time.
These sayings will let you know, that you are not alone going through the struggle and the best thing to do after trying your best is to set boundaries and keep your respect.
How did you find these motivational quotes for relationships? If you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list, let us know in the comment section below.
To help you achieve your highest potential these wise and thought-provoking quotes, sayings, and proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also find some relatable content with sad Bad Relationship Quotes for your love gone bad.
If you are motivated with these wise words of wisdom, feel free to share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.