Luxury quotes are statements that perfectly express the value and essence of luxury, whether it be in terms of things or experiences.
Some luxury quotes focus on the splendour and extravagance connected with luxury, while others stress the emotional and psychological benefits that come with indulging in luxury.
Also Read: Money Quotes
For instance, Giorgio Armani underlines the therapeutic effects of luxury on our mental well-being in his quote;
“Luxury is not a necessity, but it is an oasis that gives a moment of joy in our hectic lives.”
Top 10 Luxury Quotes
- “Luxury must be comfortable, or else it is not luxury.” – Coco Chanel
- “When you dance you can enjoy the luxury of being you.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “I’m a man of simple tastes, I’m always satisfied with the best.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The luxury of doing good surpasses every other personal enjoyment.” – John Gay
- “The greatest luxury of having money should be not having to worry about it.” – David Whyte
- “Give us the luxuries of life, and we will dispense with its necessities.” – John Lothrop Motley
- “Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.” – Coco Chanel
- “Luxury to me is not about buying expensive things; it’s about living in a way where you appreciate things.” – Oscar de la Renta
Best Quotes About Luxury
Living a lavish life means being indulgent, extravagant, and opulent. High-end branded goods, exclusive experiences, and a feeling of privilege and exclusivity are all part of this life.
Also See: Minimalistic Quotes
A lavish lifestyle can also lead to a feeling of seclusion and disconnection from the outside world. .
- “Luxury is a state of mind.” – LWren Scott
- “Luxury is in each detail.” – Hubert de Givenchy
- “The greatest luxury is being free.” – Manolo Blahnik
- “I give myself the luxury of saying what I want.” – Jose Mujica
- “Pleasure is, after all, a luxury. It’s love that’s essential.” – John Dufresne
- “The future is the most expensive luxury in the world.” – Thornton Wilder
- “My tastes are simple, I am easily satisfied with the best.” – Winston Churchill
- “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
- “Any luxury too easily obtained is probably not a luxury at all.” – Saskia Havekas
- “In an age of distraction, nothing can feel more luxurious than paying attention.” – Pico Lyer
- “Love is like any other luxury. You have no right to it unless you can afford it.” – Anthony Trollope
- “Living in the lap of luxury isn’t bad except that you never know when luxury is going to stand up.” – Orson Welles
- “We should bring in an environmental attitude, and I think luxury should automatically be about sustainability and quality.” – Jochen Zeitz
- “Happiness is not a luxury. It is a necessity. When we are happy, we are in the best possible place to be good to ourselves and those we love.” – Suze Orman
- “Most of the luxuries and many of the so called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.” – Henry David Thoreau
Famous Quotes On Luxury
- “Athletics is a luxury.” – Roger Bannister
- “I am convinced that there can be luxury in simplicity.” – Jil Sander
- “Time and silence are the most luxurious things today.” – Tom Ford
- “Smart people always choose comfort over luxury.” – Celso Cukierkorn
- “Luxury is about pleasing yourself, not dressing for other people.” – Marc Jacobs
- “I believe that style is the only real luxury that is really desirable.” – Giorgio Armani
- “Style is luxury, and luxury is simply what makes you happy.” – Deborah Needleman
- “What one generation sees as a luxury, the next sees as a necessity.” – Anthony Crosland
- “It’s such a luxury to be able to be happy about going to work in the morning.” – Joe Pantoliano
- “Luxury can be very simple, for example, staying 15 minutes longer in bed.” – Jean-Louis Dumas
- “The most rewarding thing is having a job that you love. It’s not a luxury that everyone in this world enjoys.” – Krysten Ritter
- “Some people think happiness is a luxury, but it’s a necessity. You need to make space for it in your life.” – Christie Brinkley
Luxurious Life Quotes
A luxurious life can take many forms, from living in an exquisite mansion with all the latest amenities to travelling the world on a private jet or yacht.
Also Check: Simplicity Quotes
It can involve dining at the finest restaurants, wearing designer clothing, and experiencing the best of everything that life has to offer.
- “Luxury never goes out of fashion.” – Unknown
- “In the luxury business, you have to build on heritage.” – Bernard Arnault
- “Luxury will be always around, no matter what happens in the world.” – Carolina Herrera
- “Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.” – Dorothy Parker
- “Luxury is the balance of design, in the sense of beauty and highest quality.” – Domenico de Sole
- “Luxury goods are the only area in which it is possible to make luxury margins.” – Bernard Arnault
- “Anger is an expensive luxury in which only men of certain income can indulge.” – George William Curtis
- “Every luxury must be paid for, and everything is a luxury, starting with being in this world.” – Cesare Pavese
- “A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding.” – Marshall McLuhan
- “The ultimate of being successful is the luxury of giving yourself the time to do what you want to do.” – Leontyne Price
- “It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “You are happy when you are enthusiastic and action-oriented, not when you are luxury and pleasure-oriented.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Utility is when you have one telephone, luxury is when you have two, opulence is when you have three – and paradise is when you have none.” – Doug Larson
- “Luxury is feeling unrushed. It is designing a life that allows you to do what you want with high leverage, with many options, all while feeling unrushed.” – Tim Ferriss
- “I love luxury. And luxury lies not in richness and ornateness but in the absence of vulgarity. Vulgarity is the ugliest word in our language. I stay in the game to fight it.” – Coco Chanel
Luxury Quotes On Attitude
Luxury in today’s world goes beyond just amassing more material belongings or partaking in costly experiences.
It is about appreciating and giving importance to other facets of life that give us happiness, contentment, and a sense of purpose.
- “Offline is the new luxury.” – Unknown
- “Luxury is also an addiction.” – Unknown
- “Luxury is to have a job you can enjoy.” – Till Reiter
- “Art is not a luxury, but a necessity.” – Rebecca West
- “In today’s life, luxury is time and space.” – Harmon Okinyo
- “Never spend your money before you have earned it.” – Unknown
- “On the soft bed of luxury many kingdoms have expired.” – Andrew Young
- “The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “The biggest luxury one can have is not money, but rather freedom.” – Unknown
- “We take food for granted, but it isn’t a luxury for many people.” – Christina Aguilera
- “I think the older I get, the more I realize that the ultimate luxury is time.” – Michael Kors
- “Luxury is attention to detail, originality, exclusivity and above all quality.” – Angelo Bonati
- “Luxury is the opportunity to experience quality, be it a place, a person or an object.” – Keanu Reeves
- “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it.” – Diana Vreeland
- “Elegance is not a dispensable luxury but a factor that decides between success and failure.” – Edsger Dijkstra
- “Luxury: A quiet contentment that comes from living well and taking pleasure from one’s surroundings.” – Unknown
- “Looking out at the lake, drinking good tea. That’s his only luxury. And what an enormous luxury that was.” – Banana Yoshimoto
- “Luxury is possible to buy. Good taste is not.” – Diego Della Valle
Luxury is no longer only characterised by material goods or lavish experiences in today’s fast-paced and chaotic world.
Instead, it is frequently linked to having the time and freedom to unwind, slow down, and appreciate life’s simple pleasures.
The goal is to approach luxury with attention and awareness and to aim for a balanced and meaningful existence that matches one’s values and priorities.
The better things in life may provide enormous joy and fulfilment to some people, while others may prefer a simpler, more humble way of life.
Luxury quotations can also serve as a reminder to be grateful for the small luxuries in life, such as spending time with loved ones or indulging in a good book.
Also Check: Less is More Quotes
In today’s society, where the pursuit of wealth and status often takes precedence over personal fulfilment and happiness, luxury quotes can help us refocus on what truly matters in life.
They remind us that true luxury is not just about material possessions, but about the quality of our relationships, the experiences we have, and the joy and contentment that we find in our daily lives.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more to motivate them every morning.