Looking for aesthetic quotes about less is more? We have rounded up the best collection of less is more quotes, sayings, captions for Instagram, and status (with images and pictures) to inspire you to declutter your life and live simply and humbly.
Less is more is an expression used to express the view that a minimalist approach to life is all that matters. “Less is more” suggests that there is value in simplicity and that more can be accomplished with less.
Also See: Simple Life Quotes
Origin Of The Quote “Less is More”
Made famous by the designer and architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the dictum, Less is More came to define the brave, utopian ideals of modernist design and architecture.
In fact the phrase originated in Robert Browning’s 1855 poem Andrea del Sarto.
When you live as a minimalist, you strive to only use things that serve a purpose. It’s about living simply and having only what you need to go about your daily life.
Being a a minimalist person is someone who has a simple, uncluttered lifestyle. They are not materialistic by nature. These quotes are relevant for all aspects of life, be it makeup, fashion, architecture, design, money matters, material possesions and more.
Also See: Minimalist Quotes
A lot of us own things for the sake of owning them and collect them. Most of them are things we often use. But with a principle of minimalism you focus more on living a meaningful life where you own things only that are important to you.
- Famous Less Is More Quotes
- Less Is Always More Quotes To Inspire You
Famous Less Is More Quotes And Sayings
- “Less is the new more.”
- “Once you need less, you will have more.”
- “Less is more, more is less.” – Cleopas Mlilo
- “Less is more.” – Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
- “Craving less takes more courage!” – Mark Dawson
- “Identify the essential. Eliminate the rest.” – Leo Babauta
- “Less is more, in prose as in architecture.” – Donald Hall
- “The more you know, the less you need.” – Yvon Chouinard
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
- “Owning less creates an opportunity to live more.” – Joshua Becker
- “The long term peace of less surpasses the short term thrill of more.”
- “Less is not necessarily more. Just enough is more.” – Milton Glaser
- “My fashion secret is “SIMPLE IS BETTER…LESS IS MORE.” – Tweet
- “Some people say that less is more. But I think more is more.” – Dolly Parton
- “Less explanation is more convincing than more explanation.” – Alan Cohen
- “World creation should be an effort of great and covetous love.” – Micah R. Sisk
- “Being content with less, creates space in the heart for more love.” – Margo Vader
- “Contentment comes not so much from great wealth as from few wants.” – Epictetus
- “Do only what is necessary and required. Efficiency is elegant. Less is more.” – Scott Perry
- “Less is more. Progress is made through precise, persistent, and purposeful pushes.” – Scott Perry
- “If your mind isn’t clouded by unnecessary things, This is the best season of your life.” – Wumen Huikai
- “Actually ‘Soon’ has more than the Left Behind series, but I really believe less is more.” – Jerry B. Jenkins
- “Less is more. Simplicity is awesome. That’s all you need in life. Its just my personal philosophy.” – G-Eazy
- “Simplicity: less stuff, less work, less expense, equals more money, more time, more joy. Less equals more.”
- “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
- “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If less is more, what is selflessness, homelessness and toplessness?” – John Alejandro King a.k.a. The Covert Comic
- “It’s surprising how much free time and productivity you gain when you lose the busyness in your mind.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “Some people want a big house, a fast car and lots of money. Some people want a tiny cabin in the woods away from those kinds of people.”
- “Good design is as little design as possible. Less, but better – because it concentrates on the essentials aspects, and the products are not burdened with non-essentials. Back to purity, Back to simplicity.” – Dieter Rams
- “Most people think they need MORE to succeed; more money, more power, more time, more friends, more fame, more ideas, more prayers, more knowledge. They have never considered that less is actually sufficient.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Sometimes less is more and sometimes more is less. there’s nothing wrong with striving to be your best self… but don’t get attached to things, money or achievements to determine your value in life. Happiness, great relationships, peace and health are better measures.”
Less Is Always More Quotes To Inspire You
- “Less is more.”
- “Own less. Be More.”
- “Have less and be more.”
- “Sometimes doing less is more than enough.”
- “Real happiness requires less than you think.”
- “Sometimes, less is more.” – William Shakespeare
- “Living with less is the new definition of success.”
- “In humor, almost always, less is more.” – Ken Weber
- “I hate to hear ‘Less is more.’ It’s a crock of crap.” – R. Lee Ermey
- “Less is only more where more is no good.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
- “Less is more only when more is too much.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
- “It is strange a difference comes from a subtraction.” – Natasha Tsakos
- “Desiring less is even more valuable than owning less.” – Joshua Becker
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
- “I think less is more when it comes to kissing in the movies.” – Julia Roberts
- “Sometimes less is more. Our quest for more, then, keeps us from it.” – Jan Denise
- “We are happy in proportion to the things we can do without.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “But then, even with sex, I’m more in the school of less is more in movies.” – Aaron Eckhart
- “People love chopping wood. In this activity one immediately sees results.” – Albert Einstein
- “Less is more. I truly believe in buying a few pieces with better construction.” – Stacy London
- “My idea of sexy is that less is more. The less you reveal the more people can wonder.” – Emma Watson
- “The more you have, the more you are occupied. The less you have, the more you are free.” – Mother Teresa
- “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” – Socrates
- “A lot of people tend to chew up the scenery. I’m a firm believer in less is more, especially on the big screen.” – Mark Wahlberg
- “Real luxury is not working like a maniac to take an expensive vacation–it is living a life you enjoy every day.” – Kathy Gottberg
- “Less is more when you do a bright, bold lip. Just draw on black liner and some mascara and you’re good to go!” – Stacy Keibler
- “I don’t believe less is more. I believe that more is more. I believe that less is less, fat fat, thin thin and enough is enough.” – Stanley Elkin
- “Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity. From discord find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Laozi
- “Less is more. Happiness is found close to the necessities of life, not in needless complexity and meaningless multiplicity of choice.” – Peter Dale Scott
- “I’m very classic and structural. I love clean lines and interesting, modern details. But I’m all about being streamlined – less is more.” – Nina Garcia
- “Sometimes it’s about less is more. It’s about the seed. Thinking about this gigantic tree that you think is so beautiful but it started with this just seed.” – Fred Durst
When you reflect on harmony within yourself, with the nature around you and the environment around you strike the right balance.
Don’t forget to check out simplicity quotes and reflection quotes to inspire you to improve everyday and grow as a person.
If you are think you can relate with these clarity of mind quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.