Explore and enjoy the collection of inspirational library quotes and sayings that will help you get in love with reading books and expand your mind.
A library is not just a collection of books and reading materials but a treasure trove of knowledge and information.
Although with the advent of online databases and Kindle reading, physical book reading and visits to the library have decreased. But being an avid reader, the smell of a book and the touch of the pages is very important to me.
As I’ve been a bookworm for years, visiting the library and reading books there hold immense importance to me. Online reading can never replace the experience of being in a library.
And browsing through the shelves of books and reading in the peaceful atmosphere holds its own unique charm, even though it may be considered old school.
Surrounded by books, a library not only serves as a boundless source of knowledge but also creates an immersive experience of being enveloped in a world of wisdom.
If you love these library quotes do check out reading quotes and book quotes that you will really relate to.
Top 10 Library Quotes
- “A library implies an act of faith.” — Victor Hugo
- “When in doubt go to the library.” — J.K. Rowling
- “To build up a library is to create a life.” — Carlos Maria Dominguez
- “Library fines are my favorite charitable donation.” — Terri Guillemets
- “We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth.” — John Lubbock
- “A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.” — Henry Ward Beecher
- “Libraries always remind me that there are good things in this world.” — Lauren Ward
- “Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries.” — Robin Sharma
- “The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.” — Albert Einstein
- “I know exactly what I would do with immortality: I would read every book in the library.” — Mark Jason Dominus
Best Quotes For Library
- “Why buy a book when you can join a library?” — Ricky Gervais
- “I discovered me in the library. I went to find me in the library.” — Ray Bradbury
- “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Cutting libraries in a recession is like cutting hospitals in a plague.” — Eleanor Crumblehulme
- “If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” — Frank Zappa
- “Who doesn’t love a library? It is a place you can go in any town and discover the world.” — Pat MacEnulty
- “No place affords a more striking conviction of the vanity of human hopes than a public library.” — Samuel Johnson
- “Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no libraries.” — Anne Herbert
- “Libraries are not a destination. They are the transportation. The Grand Central Station of every great city and town.” — Unknown
- “What is more important in a library than anything else – than everything else – is the fact that it exists.” — Archibald MacLeish
In a library, you can lose yourself in an adventure, find wisdom in words, or simply escape reality.
You may be amazed how a single quote from a library can spark your imagination or inspire a love of reading.
So, let’s delve into the world of library quotes, uncovering their power to move us, enlighten us, and remind us of the joy that books and reading bring to our lives.
- “Your library is your paradise.” — Desiderius Erasmus
- “When I got my library card, that’s when my life began.” — Rita Mae Brown
- “The library lets you borrow the beauty and keep the knowledge.” — Unknown
- “Books! We’re in a library! The best weapons in the world!” — Russell T. Davies
- “I ransack public libraries and find them full of sunk treasure.” — Virginia Woolf
- “Without libraries what have we? We have no past and no future.” — Ray Bradbury
- “I don’t have to look far to find treasures. I discover them every time I visit a library.” — Michael Embry
- “The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history.” — Carl T. Rowan
- “Lock up your libraries if you like: but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.” —Virginia Woolf
- “Walking the stacks in a library, dragging your fingers across the spines it’s hard not to feel the presence of sleeping spirits.” — Robin Sloan
- “A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.” — Andrew Carnegie
- “Perhaps no place in any community is so totally democratic as the town library. The only entrance requirement is interest.” — Lady Bird Johnson
- “Everything you need for a better future and success has already been written. And guess what? All you have to do is go to the library.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” — Charles William Eliot
- “A library card provides an opportunity for discovery and access to a rich and diverse world. It empowers you to make change and experience new stories,” — Marley Dias
Famous Library Quotes For Students
- “During the day, the library is a realm of order.” — Alberto Manguel
- “The true university of these days is a collection of books.” — Thomas Carlyle
- “A library is a place where you learn what teachers were afraid to teach you.” — Alan M. Dershowitz
- “To know your way round a library is to master the whole of culture, i.e. the whole world.” — Sophie Divry
- “Libraries were full of ideas – perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” — Sarah J. Maas
- “Libraries: Here is where people, one frequently finds, lower their voices, and raise their minds.” — Richard Armour
- “The three most important documents a free society gives are a birth certificate, a passport and a library card.” — E.L. Doctorow
- “Libraries never let us forget who we are, for their worth stands by the knowledge they keep and save for us.” — Virginia Hamilton
- “A library is a different kind of social reality, which by its very existence teaches a system of values beyond the fiscal.” — Zadie Smith
- “Every time you enter a library you might say to yourself, “The world is quiet here,” as a sort of pledge proclaiming reading to be the greater good.” — Lemony Snicket
Inspirational Quotes About Library
The library is a haven where the mind can wander, seeking inspiration and expanding its horizons.
And is also a place where one can escape the ordinary and embark on a journey of intellectual exploration, finding solace and enlightenment amidst the pages that surround them.
- “A library is a hospital for the mind.” — Anonymous
- “A library is infinity under a roof.” — Gail Carson Levine
- “A library is a place vibrating with ideas.” — Nancy Kunhardt Lodge
- “What in the world would we do without our libraries?” — Katharine Hepburn
- “I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.” — Jorge Luis Borgesam
- “Anyone who thinks this world is without magic, hasn’t been to a library.” — Amy Fellner Dominy
- “Here was one place where I could find out who I was and what I was going to become. And that was the public library.” — Jerzy Kosinski
- “A library is a house of hope. It’s a place where we all, whatever our situation, can feed our ideas and develop our dreams.” — Doug Wilhelm
- “And every book you find has its own social group–friends of its own it wants to introduce you to, like a party in the library that need never, ever end.” — Caitlin Moran
- “The library made me feel safe, as if every question had an answer and there was nothing to be afraid of, as long as I could sort through another volume.” — Dee Williams
- “When you are growing up there are two institutional places that affect you most powerfully: the church, which belongs to God, and the public library, which belongs to you.” — Keith Richards
- “To those with ears to hear, libraries are really very noisy places. On their shelves we hear the captured voices of the centuries-old conversations that makes up our civilization.” — Timothy Healy
- “Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life.” — Sidney Sheldon
- “A library is a place that is a repository of information and gives every citizen equal access to it. That includes health information. And mental health information. It’s a community space. It’s a place of safety, a haven from the world.” — Neil Gaiman
- “Books constitute capital. A library book lasts as long as a house, for hundreds of years. It is not, then, an article of mere consumption but Em fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, it is their only capital.” — Thomas Jefferson
Library Quotes To Inspire Reading
- “In my world there would be as many public libraries as there are Starbucks.” — Henry Rollins
- “Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.” — Harper Lee
- “Between the ages of fifteen and twenty-four, I must have read a whole library.” — Charles Bukowski
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss
- “My alma mater was books, a good library… I could spend the rest of my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity.” — Malcolm X
- “The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading in order to write. A man will turn over half a library to make a book.” — Samuel Johnson
- “A library, to modify the famous metaphor of Socrates, should be the delivery room for the birth of ideas – a place where history comes to life.” — Norman Cousins
- “A good library will never be too neat, or too dusty, because somebody will always be in it, taking books off the shelves and staying up late reading them.” — Lemony Snicket
- “The richest person in the world – in fact all the riches in the world – couldn’t provide you with anything like the endless, incredible loot available at your local library.” — Malcolm Forbes
- “The best of my education has come from the public library… my tuition fee is a bus fare and once in a while, five cents a day for an overdue book. You don’t need to know very much to start with if you know the way to the public library.” — Lesley Conger
Libraries play a vital role in fostering knowledge, promoting literacy, and building vibrant communities. Thus they are one of the oldest and most treasured institutions that continue to inspire and empower individuals around the world.