Looking for inspirational quotes about homecoming? We have rounded up the best collection of homecoming quotes, homecoming captions, sayings, and status messages (with images and pictures) perfect for every pic of the night.
Homecoming is the tradition of welcoming back former students and members and celebrating an organization’s existence.
It means a return to one’s home; arrival at home and is a celebration and gathering full of joy, happiness, dance, football games and more.
Also See: Togetherness Quotes
Homecoming is a long-standing American tradition where colleges and high schools would welcome alumni back to campus and the community.
It is a tradition in many high schools, colleges, and churches in the United States and Canada.
The event meant parades, speeches, rallies, the football game amongst universities and colleges, and of course, dances!
These inspiraitonal homecoming quotes and sayings for high schools, church and military are perfect to caption your pics on Instagram post and get tons of likes.
Cute Homecoming Captions For Instagram
- Dancing queen.
- Happy for Hoco.
- Stay golden, girl.
- Bring on the night.
- Bring on the night!
- Dance first, think later.
- Keep calm and dance on!
- Too glam to give a damn!
- When in doubt, overdress.
- Keep calm and think hoco.
- Life is a party, dress like it.
- You feel like coming home.
- Happy to come home to you.
- Make this night last forever!
- Shine bright like a diamond.
- Dance like no one is watching!
- Never miss a chance to dance!
- Dance like no one is watching.
- Always wear your invisible crown.
- I look nothing like this in real life.
- Always wear your invisible crown!
- A lot goes down when we dress up!
- Life isn’t perfect, but your dress can be!
- He’s definitely got his head in the game.
- Keep your heels, head and standards high.
- You’re never fully dressed without a smile!
- With nights like these, who needs the days.
- Keep your heads, head, and standards high!
- Homecoming means football, floats, and fun!
- What feels like the end is often the beginning.
- Homecoming unites the past and the present. – Unknown
- Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.
- A little homecoming dance never killed anyone. – Unknown
- Why be moody when you can shake your booty?
- Live for today, plan for tomorrow, party tonight.
- You bring the alcohol, I’ll bring the bad decisions.
- Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember.
- Making memories with you is my favorite thing to do.
- Homecoming means football, festivities, and friendship. – Unknown
- We may go home together, but here, we’re a house divided.
- This night won’t last forever, but our memories always will.
- Homecoming means coming home to what is in your heart. – Unknown
- We’re fools whether we dance or not, so we may as well dance.
- You won’t know the value of a moment until if becomes a memory.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, but the memories are priceless.
- Cinderella never asked for a prince, she asked for a night off and a dress.
- I traveled around the world for an year and only felt lost once I arrived home…
- If you can’t be the Homecoming queen, then make sure you’re the dancing queen!
Best Homecoming Quotes For High School
These quotes about homecoming are also relevant for returning home of your daughter, son, husband, or anyone who is coming back home after a long time.
- “Poetry is a sort of homecoming.”- Paul Celan
- “Dance, dance, dance till you drop.”- W. H. Auden
- “Once you’ve grown up you can’t come .” -Peter Pan
- “As truth be told, homecoming never gets old.” – Hlovate
- “Souls tend to go back to who feels like home” – N.R. Hart
- “Keep your heels, head and standards high.” – Coco Chanel
- “This night won’t last forever, but our memories always will.” – Unknown
- “Whatever. Great day. Today. Best day of my life.” – John Green
- “There is no feeling like coming home after danger.”- Bear Grylls
- “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “I wanna dance in the dark. We gonna light up the night.” – Rihanna
- “A picture is worth a thousand words, but the memories are priceless.”
- “You never know how strong you are until you dance all night in heels.”
- “There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.”- Vicki Baum
- “Things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember.”- Seneca the Younger
- “Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.” – Martha Graham
- “Aloha. It meant welcome and homecoming. It meant love.” – Clemence McLaren
- “May our reunion be not a finding but a sweet collision of destinies!” – Jerry Spinelli
- “Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.” – Robert Frost
- “I don’t want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance.” – George Balanchine
- “Tonight, we are young. So, let’s set the world on fire. We can burn brighter than the sun.” – FUN
- “I said, ‘Oh my, what a marvelous tune.’ It was the best night, never forget how we moved.” – Taylor Swift
- “Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “You can never go home again, but the truth is you can never leave home, so it’s all right.”- Maya Angelou
- “Nostalgia is like a grammar lesson: you find the present tense, but the past perfect!” – Owens Lee Pomeroy
- “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?” -C.S. Lewis
- “The whole place was dressed to the nines and we were dancing like we’re made of starlight.” – Taylor Swift
- “Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.”- Charles Dickens
- “Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and remind them who they’re dealing with.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”- Elisabeth Foley
- “Someday, you’ll be looking back on your life. At the memories, this is gonna be one of those nights.” – Tim McGraw
- “We don’t go back to college for the college. We go back for a football game, and, yes, we even call that ‘homecoming.’” – Frank Deford
- “The crowning experience of all, for the homecoming man, is the wonderful feeling that, after all he has suffered, there is nothing he need fear anymore—except his God.”- Viktor E. Frankl
- “In the end, coming to faith remains for all a sense of homecoming, of picking up the threads of a lost life, of responding to a bell that had long been ringing, of taking a place at a table that had long been vacant.”- Malcolm Muggeridge
- “Happiness. It was the place where passion, with all its dazzle and drumbeat, met something softer: homecoming and safety and pure sunbeam comfort. It was all those things, intertwined with the heat and the thrill, and it was as bright within her as a swallowed star.”- Laini Taylor
Famous Church Homecoming Quotes
The term “homecoming” can also refer to the special services conducted by some religious congregations, particularly by many smaller American Protestant churches, to celebrate church heritage and welcome back former members or pastors.
They are often held annually, but are sometimes held as one-time-only events, to celebrate the occasion.
- “We need to do something. Send some energy his way. Hands, children.” – Moria
- “Even if no salvation should come, I want to be worthy of it at every moment.”- Franz Kafka
- “As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “This is like a homecoming, coming to the show and seeing all of our friends and our peers.”- Rhonda Vincent
- “The perfect church service would be one we were almost unaware of. Our attention would have been on God.” – CS Lewis
- “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”- John 14:2
- “Embrace the path your loved one’s story has taken, and be part of the culture shift that acknowledges dying as part of living.” – Carrie Chavez Hansen
- “As you view matter at a subtler and subtler levels, you will realize that there is no such thing as a thing after all, but a relationship.” – Keith Anthony Blanchard
- “A church can be unified in one of two ways. You can freeze together, as the Church of the Frozen Chosen; or you can melt together with the fire of the Holy Spirit.” – John Hagee
- “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: The only ones among you who will be truly happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Confession has been my habitual homecoming since I was a child. It is a consolation and a joy, and such joy, our faith teaches us, is meant for everyone. It is our vocation to bring it to as many people as possible.”- Donald Wuerl
Best Military Homecoming Quotes
Coming home ceremonies are held at military bases across the U.S. to celebrate the return of deployed service members in military services.
Also See: Veteran’s Day Quotes
Family and friends gather and reunite to celebrate the return of their beloved braveheart after their long
- “We only part to meet again.” – John Gay
- “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” – Anthony Brandt
- “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.” – Pierce Brown
- “You don’t go to Heaven when you die. You get there when you live!” – Keith Anthony Blanchard
- “The wind taught me never to forget old friends, by blowing them back to me.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “In true love, the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.” – Hans Nouwens
- “You’ve been away from home too long if you can get lost on the way from the harbor to the palace.” – David Eddings
- “Living a short life as a proud person is more worthwhile than living a whole century as a chameleon.”- Eraldo Banovac
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Today’s veterans often come home to find that, although they’re willing to die for their country, they’re not sure how to live for it.” – Sebastian Junger
- “And that was my homecoming. It was fine, I guess. Getting back feels like your first breath after nearly drowning. Even if it hurts, it’s good.” – Phil Klay
Homecoming is an annual tradition in the United States. People, towns, high schools, and colleges come together, usually in late September or early October, to welcome back former members of the community.
Alumni gather from all around the world to return to their alma mater, reconnect with one another, and take part in the festivities.
It is built around a central event, such as a dance and, most often, a game of American football, or on occasions, basketball, ice hockey, or soccer.