Looking for inspirational quotes about the glass being half full? We have rounded up the best glass half full quotes, sayings, captions, proverbs, one-liners, and status messages, (with images and pictures) to inspire optimism and positivity.
Also See: Positive Thinking Quotes
Meaning of the phrase glass half full?
The glass is half full is an expression used to describe a person as being optimistic, a person who has an attitude of always thinking about the good things in a situation rather than the bad ones.
A person who sees a glass half full is said to be an optimistic person who has a positive outlook about things and situations in life and is hopeful about things.
On the other hand, a person who sees the glass empty is viewed as a pessimistic person who views things negatively or expects the worst.
The phrase “is the glass half full or empty” is often asked by people to see what approach you have towards life, positive or negative.
People who see the glass half full are hopeful and confident about the future. They have faith and a positive outlook for the future. They don’t indulge themselves in negative thoughts and worries and try to see the opportunities and not the hurdles.
Sometimes you just need a reminder every morning that things will get better — that’s where these glass half full quotes will help you. I strongly feel thoughts become things, and positive optimistic thoughts will attract positive outcomes.
These motivational quotes are divided into these sections;
- Best Glass Half Full Quotes
- Famous Glass Half-Full Quotes
- Positive Glass Half Full Quotes
- Inspirational Glass Half Full Sayings
Best Glass Half Full Quotes
- “Half full. Half empty. The choice is yours.”
- “The hourglass is half on time.” – Brian Spellman
- “Whether your glass is half full or half empty, hope can fill it up.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “I always see the glass as half full and prefer to look on the bright side of life.” – Alli Simpson
- “Don’t ignore the love you DO have in your life by focusing on the love you DON’T.” – Mandy Hale
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
- “Forget about what you might have lost but instead focus on what you have room to gain.” – Lindsey Rietzsch
- “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. Be grateful that you have a glass, and there is something in it.” – Unknown
- “Looking at the glass half full seems to help others do the same and help fill their glasses too.” – Emilyann Girdner
- “Whether your cup is half-full or half-empty, remind yourself there are others without one.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full miss the point. The glass is refillable.” – Unknown
- “They say the glass is half full or half empty, well let me tell you I’m just glad there’s a glass at all.” – Claire Auricomous
- “Some people see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty, the enlightened are simply grateful to have a glass.” – Mark Desvaux
- “The optimist sees the glass as half full, the pessimist as half empty. What I see is water that can save someone’s life.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Discouragers are the folks who regularly see the glass as half-empty, and they do not want anyone else to get one that’s half full.” – Cathy Burnham Martin
- “Try to look at a glass ‘half full’ rather than ‘half empty’. It is the biggest challenge that we face daily in our lives. But keep calm and stay optimistic.” – DaNy
- “Happiness is not something that can be found by simply looking for it, it’s a mood you create by being positive and seeing the glass as half full instead of half empty.”
- “Together, we overcome the drought of happiness and goodness, by seeing our glasses half full and helping fill others’ glasses back up with love.” – Emilyann Girdner
- “Some say the glass is half full and blush, Some say it’s half empty and sink, I feel you are in the midst of, reaching out for another awesome drink!” – Jasleen Kaur Gumber
- “Humans often thought the glass was empty when there was still more in there. I guess if you reached deep enough, you could find something even when there seemed to be nothing left. I always did.” – Jacqueline Simon Gunn
Famous Glass Half-Full Quotes
- “I like to look at the glass half full.” – Abdallah II
- “I see the glass half full…but of poison.” – Woody Allen
- “I’m very much a glass-half-full person.” – Brian o’Driscoll
- “Always look on the bright side of life.” – Graham Chapman
- “To me, the glass is always half full, never half empty.” – Eddie Money
- “I see the glass half full and thank God for what I have.” – Ana Monnar
- “You can’t look at a glass half full or empty if it’s overflowing.” – Kanye West
- “Please don’t look at the part of the glass that is only half full.” – George W. Bush
- “I’m afraid my glass is no longer half full because I drank most of it.” – Lawrence Fagg
- “I’m not glass-half-full, glass-half-empty; I’m like, “There’s a glass?” – Damon Lindelof
- “Is the glass half full, or half empty? It depends on whether you’re pouring, or drinking.” – Bill Cosby
- “I think everyone has the same question on their mind: Is the glass half-full or half-empty?” – Oliver Stone
- “I never look at the glass as half empty or half full. I look to see who is pouring the water and deal with them.” – Mark Cuban
- “Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be.” – George Carlin
- “Glass half empty, glass half full. Well, either way you won’t be going thirsty, count your blessings not your flaws.” – Lauren Aquilina
- “There are three words I like to repeat to myself: glass half full. Just to remind myself to be grateful for everything I have.” – Goldie Hawn
- “A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” – Harry S. Truman
- “Some see the glass half full, some see it half empty, and some see it crawling with toxic alien parasites who want to devour your pancreas.” – James Alan Gardner
- “Remember to look at your glass half full and not half empty. A lot of my strength comes from God. God has given me a gift – the gift of life – and it’s amazing that I live each day.” – Mattie Stepanek
- “Focusing on the good isn’t just about overcoming our inner grump to see the glass half full. It’s about opening our minds to the ideas and opportunities that will help us be more productive, effective, and successful at work and in life.” – Shawn Achor
Positive Glass Half Full Quotes
The concept of the glass being half full is all about having a positive attitude in life. With a positive mindset, you have a more optimistic approach to life and tend to see the brighter side of things.
When you don’t like how you’re experiencing life, remember you have the power to shift your thoughts from negative to positive with the willingness to change!
These inspirational glass half full quotes will inspire you to unleash the infinite power of your mind, to challenge realities with your inner strength and positivity.
- “Pardon me for finding the glass half full.” – Rupert Giles
- “To me, the glass is always half full, never half empty.” – Eddie Money
- “The glass is always completely full-half air and half liquid.” – Mark Millar
- “I’m a pessimistic person, I see the glass half empty even when it’s full.” – Nigahiga
- “People who argue whether the glass is half empty or half full are probably not thirsty.” – Ljupka Cvetanova
- “A pessimist looks at his glass and says it is half empty; an optimist looks at it and says it is half full.” – Josiah Stamp
- “My glass is not only half-full, it holds five-hundred-dollar-a-bottle Dom Perignon champagne.” – Suzanne Brockmann
- “I’ve always been a glass-half-full as opposed to a glass-half-empty, and the day that changes is the day I should leave.” – John Key
- “To me, the glass is half-empty some days and half-full on others. Sometimes it’s bone-dry. Or overflowing.” – Mary Alice Monroe
- “Doesn’t matter if the glass is half-empty or half-full. All that matters is that you are the one pouring the water.” – Mark Cuban
- “She was always like that: grateful for life itself. Her glass was not only half full, it was gold plated with a permanent refill.” – Sarah Winman
- “I’ve not been able to avoid periods of time where I felt super-lonely. Luckily, I have a side that is able to always see the glass as half-full.” – Will Ferrell
- “If general perception changes from seeing the glass as ‘half-full’ to seeing it as ‘half empty’ there are major innovative opportunities.” – Peter Drucker
- “An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Water is translucent, but not invisible. But a glass half full is half translucent, half invisible, and you cannot drink what you cannot see, which may be why I am so thirsty for her love.” – Jarod Kintz
- “Age-old question: Is the glass half empty or half full? Answer: Who cares? Does it really matter whether the glass is half full or half empty? The issue is whether it quenches your thirst.” – Larry Winget
- “If I need to cheer myself up, I will put on some fabulous ’40s musical on video. But I’m very lucky; I seldom get depressed. Without question, I’m a ‘glass half full’ person. In fact, it’s three-quarters full!” – Joan Collins
- “Some people see the liquid and think half full. Others only see the air and think half empty. Sometimes I get the sense Chatham sees it all, which is kind of terrifying. I don’t know if I want him to see me – the real me.” – McCall Hoyle
- “There are lots of things, including changing the kind of inner dialog, that can mitigate anxiety. And yes, there are people who have the glass half full and glass half empty, and I’m afraid the glass is going to break and I’ll cut myself on the shards.” – Scott Stossel
- “My deceased patients have taught me over the years to believe in the glass half full, to make good use of the time we have, to be generous – that was their lesson for the Uber-mind, and it was free. ‘Do that,’ they said, ‘ and then perhaps death shall have no dominion.’” – Abraham Verghese
Inspirational Glass Half Full Sayings
- “If your glass is half empty, fill it up to be full.” – Karen Quan
- “Don’t settle for a half empty glass, always go for a full one!” – Stephen Richards
- “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. There is clearly room for more wine.”
- “I think that the vice president is a person reflecting a half-glass-full mentality.” – George W. Bush
- “Some people look at a glass and see it as half-full. Others look at a glass and call it a dragon.” – Jon Stewart
- “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. I am gonna drink it through this crazy straw.” – Joey Comeau
- “Half full, half empty, what the hell difference does it make? If there’s something in the damn glass, drink it.” – Nora Roberts
- “Pessimists see the glass as half empty. Optimists see the glass as half full. Successful people see the glass as full. Who are you?”
- “Some people think of the glass as half full. Some people think of the glass as half empty. I think of the glass as too big.” – George Carlin
- “Stop asking if the glass is half full or half empty. Instead ask ‘What’s in it? How did it get there? What can I do with it?” – David Kaufman
- “I know a lot of people that had one cancer that are not alive today. I’ve had three. So my glass is much more than half full.” – Hamilton Jordan
- “The glass is neither half empty nor half-full. It’s simply larger than it needs to be. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.” – Grace Hopper
- “If we talk about the glass being half empty or half full, I want to know what does the glass look like from underneath the table?” – Brad Thor
- “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. Be grateful you have a glass – you’re the only person that can decide what’s in it.” – Gurbaksh Chahal
- “You’re the type who thinks of the glass as being half full, instead of half empty. “No,” she said, “I’m just grateful for the glass.” – Richard Paul Evans
- “I have never met a successful person who talked about failing. The glass is always half full. I don’t even like being around negative talkers.” – Sir Mix-a-Lot
- “My mom was an enthusiastic, positive, glass-is-half-full type of person and that is how I live my life and I owe that to her. She was an amazing woman.” – Kliff Kingsbury
- “I hate how many people think “glass half-empty” when their glass is really four-fifths full. I’m grateful when I have one drop in the glass because I know exactly what to do with it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “I am very fortunate. I am a glass-half-full eternal optimist type to the point of being a moron. But I would never presume to know how hard it goes for others. How, for some people, just getting through the day is an incredible effort that can hardly be borne.” – John Niven
- “We are at a crossroads in the music business: with the rise of the internet, the world we live in has changed, and the past is not coming back. But I see the glass as half-full: the internet and social networking are new avenues for the nest Bob Dylan to be born on.” – Jon Bon Jovi
“There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full.
And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.” quoted by Terry Pratchett shows that people can have two types of approach to life. People who see a glass half full have a positive approach while the ones who see it half empty have a negative approach to life.
These motivational glass half full quotes also cover glass half full half empty sayings, funny glass half full quotes, positive glass half full quotes, glass half full book quotes, is your glass half full or half empty quotes, and always see the glass half full quotes.
These famous quotes are a mix of savage, sarcastic, sad, funny quotes for all situations in life. Let us know which of these glass half full quotes you resonate the most with.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom to inspire you to hustle and work hard to achieve success with strong willpower.