80 Friends Come And Go Quotes To Cherish The Real Ones
Looking for famous quotes about friends coming and going? We have rounded up the best collection of friends come and go quotes, sayings, captions, status, and messages (with images and pictures) that are filled with the happiness of friendship and the sadness of departure.
Having a friend is a special feeling. You share some of the best memories with them. They stand with you through thick and thin and give you the support you need.
Also Check: Close Friends Quotes
Why Do Friends Come And Go?
We’ve all watched movies and series where friendships seem to last a lifetime. And honestly, we all want that for ourselves. We all want to have best friends who we can rely on in times of need. But life doesn’t work that way.
Often friendships can disappoint you. Betrayal, dishonesty, lying, convenience, and cheating can cause you to end that relationship. Though broken friendships are painful, the sadness is sometimes unbearable.
Minor misunderstandings, long distance, different lifestyle choices, and more could be some of the reasons for friends to come and go in your life.
Also Check: Meaningful Friendship Quotes
Few friendships do last forever, but this is very rare. Mostly friends come and go. And that’s how life works.
People change with time. There can be many reasons for a friendship to end. It’s perfectly alright for friends to come and go.
You will keep making new friends in every walk of life. It’s good to have a variety of buddies and pals. And remember, never feel that a friend was a waste of time.
Every person plays an important person in our lives be it good or bad. Eventually, friends who are meant to stay in your life, will always stay and the ones you are not meant for you will depart. Keep those memories in your heart and move on in life.
Also, check our collection of people come and go quotes and true friendship quotes to strengthen the bond with your true and real friends.
Friends Come And Go Quotes
- “Everyone’s friend is no one’s.” – Schopenhauer
- “Friends come & go but there’s always a reason.” – Joey Parker
- “Friends come and go but enemies accumulate.” – Arthur Bloch
- “Friends come and go but banners hang forever.” – Kobe Bryant
- “The older you get, the more you live with ghosts.” – Nick Tosches
- “99% friendships are just visitors, let them come and go.” – Unknown
- “We don’t lose friends, we just learn who the real ones are.” – Unknown
- “To find a friend one must close one eye, to keep him, two.” – Norman Douglas
- “Friends come and go you can’t control who stays and who leaves.” – Anonymous
- “Fake friends come and go. True friends will stay, that’s how you know.” – Unknown
- “Friends come and go, that’s why I watch my back and trust only few.” – Anonymous
- “Friends are like stars they come and they go but only the true ones glow.” – Kushand
- “Girlfriends/ Boyfriends come and go but, friends come and stay.” – Christian Caluya
- “As we grow older we don’t lose friends, we just learn who the real ones are.” – Unknown
- “Friends come and go, but true friends leave footprints in your heart.” – Yashraj Suman
- “Friends come and go, I really don’t have time to be running after people.” – Anonymous
- “One friend in a lifetime is much; two are many; three are hardly possible.” – Henry Adams
- “Friends come and go but I wouldn’t have thought you’d be one of them.” – Dorothy Parker
- “I am my best friend. Other friends may come and go, but I am always here for me.” – Louise Hay
- “Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.” – Henry Rollins
- “Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face.” – Unknown
- “Many people will walk in and out of your life but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “As we grow up we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends and more important to have real ones.” – Unknown
- “Always remember the stronger your position in life, the more enemies you’re gonna have, while friends come and go.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “True friends don’t come and go in your life. They stay when it’s good. They support you when it’s bad. They stay loyal when everyone is not.” – Unknown
- “Just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” – Mary Schmich
- “I would tell 17-year-olds to be proud of who you are. Don’t try to change yourself for others. Focus on school and your future. Boys and friends will come and go, just focus on you and your future.” – Lea Michele
- “People say family stays and friends come and go but they’re just friends, you have plenty of them but a best friend is one of those people who come to your family reunions and family dinners and are there to stay for good.. :)” – Unknown
- “Friends come and go. Friends change according to their need when they need you… they will be polite… when they don’t need… they don’t even like to talk to you…. But my bestiee… never goes, always stands by me through thick and thin. And never change her behavior… always love you my bestiee.” – Unknown
Quotes About Friends Coming And Going
- “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
- “A friend in power is a friend lost.” – Henry Adams
- “Some friends are a habit. others a luxury.” – Evan Esar
- “A friend is a present which you give yourself.” – R.L. Stevenson
- “It is surprising how many friends a man has until he needs one.” – Evan Esar
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
- “A true friend remains a friend even when you don’t deserve to have one.” – Evan Esar
- “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
- “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.” – Santayana
- “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell
- “It’s what people don’t know about each other that makes them such good friends.” – Evan Esar
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
- “Friends come and go, so does a best friend. But best friends will always find their way back.” – Unknown
- “If a false friend is one who stabs you in the back, is a true friend one who stabs you in front?” – Evan Esar
- “I guess what they say is true, friends come and go, but I never thought that would apply to you.” – Unknown
- “Farewell, dearest friend, never to see one another any more till at the right hand of Christ.” – Donald Cargill
- “Sometimes, you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care but because they don’t.” – Jennifer Green
- “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Ahmed
- “There are people whom one should like very well to drop, and would not wish to be dropped by.” – Samuel Jackson
- “There are a good many fools who call me a friend, and also a good many friends who call me a fool.” – Chesterton
- “Friendship is almost always the union of a part of one mind with a part of another: people are friends in spots.” – Santayana
- “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J Peter
- “Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life.” – Jean Paul Richter
- “The loss of a friend is like that of a limb, time may heal the anguish of the wound, but the loss cannot be repaired.” – Robert Southey
- “A man’s friendships are invalidated by his marriage, but they are also no less invalidated by the marriage of his friends.” – Samuel Butler
- “Friends come and go. Don’t bother those friend who left. Appreciate those who stayed even though you were in your lowest situation.” – Unknown
- “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Unknown
- “Sadly, they come and go but there will always be that memory of a certain friend we will cherish for a long time.” – Students at Pierce Middle School
- “Although friends come and go through our lives, we still need them. Friends are important because they are there for us and then most of the time we are there for them.” – Students at Pierce Middle School
- “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing.. not healing, not curing.. that is a friend who cares.” – Henri Wilde
Quotes About Friends Come And Go
- “Fake friends come and go.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go but family is forever.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go, but Jesus comes and stays.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go but 200lbs is always 200lbs.” – Henry Rollins
“Friendships come and go, but families are forever.” – Kenny Rogers
“Friends come and go, but enemies remain and build up.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go, but once teammates, always teammates.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go in your life, but the right ones will always stay.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go, but there’s always one you’re stuck with for life.” – Unknown
“Music stays, friends leave. Friends come and go. Music is there forever.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go like the seasons. Learn who’s for you, and who isn’t.” – Unknown
“Lean on God. Friends come and go. God will stick around through everything.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go, it’s the ones who stay with you through thick and thin that matter.” – Unknown
“Friends come and go. Family comes and goes. Money, beauty etc. But God is here to stay.” – Unknown
“What are friends for? Fake friends come and go while real friends will stay with you forever.” – Unknown
“All of my friends came and went, so it was a good thing I decided to become my own best friend.” – Unknown
“Don’t prioritize your friends over your family. Friends come and go, but your family will be with you even when you’ve fallen.” – Unknown
“Always remember…the stronger your position in life, the more enemies you’re gonna have .. while friends come and go.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
“Friends, in my experience, are like ladies’ fashions. They come and go with the seasons, and are rarely of such stout stuff as bears repeated wearing.” – Francine Mathews
“Friends come and go, clothing is packed and unpacked, households are continually purged of unnecessary items, and as a result, not much sticks. it’s hard at times but it makes a kid strongs in ways that most people can’t understand. Teaches them that even though people are left behind, new ones will inevitably take their place; that every place has something good and bad to offer. It makes a kid grow up fast.” – Nicholas Sparks
If you like these best friends come and go quotes then check out our collection of no friends quotes and toxic friends quotes will give to you some clarity to the confusion and frustration of having these poisonous people in your life and take a positive approach in life and relationships.
If you are think you can relate with these friends change quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more to spread positive vibes.
Which is your favorite friends come and go quote? If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.