Read the best collection of fashion quotes, sayings, and captions that will help you express your love for fashion, style, and beauty.
Whether you’re a fashionista or just looking for some style inspiration, these quotes will give you the motivation you need to embrace your unique sense of style and make a statement.
Fashion is more than just clothes and accessories. It’s a form of self-expression, a way to showcase our personality, and a reflection of our culture and values.
Fashion has the power to inspire and influence us, evoke emotions, and create a sense of identity.
Over the years, fashion icons and designers have coined some of the most profound and beautiful quotes that highlight the importance of fashion in our lives.
Also See: Simplicity Quotes
Fashion quotes offer a glimpse into the creative minds of those who have made significant contributions to the world of fashion.
These quotes can inspire us to embrace our individuality and express ourselves through our clothing choices.
Top 10 Fashion Quotes To Celebrate Style
- “Fashion is about comfort and feeling good.” – Max Azria
- “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” – Coco Chanel
- “Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.” – Marc Jacobs
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” – Yves Saint Laurent
- “Fashion is like eating, you shouldn’t stick to the same menu.” – Kenzo Takada
- “Forget the rules. If you like it, wear it!” – Unknown
- “We live not according to reason, but according to fashion.” – Seneca the Younger
- “Fashion is part of our culture, and it’s about more than just a pretty dress.” – Joan Smalls
- “Every generation laughs at the old fashions but follows religiously the new.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Fashion is about what you look like, which translates to what you would like to be like.” – Jean Paul Gaultier
Best Fashion Quotes To Live By
- “Fashion is more art than art is.” – Andy Warhol
- “Keep your heels, head, and standards high.” – Coco Chanel
- “In a world full of trends, I want to remain a classic.” – Iman
- “Fashion is self-confident and fearless.” – Alexander Mcqueen
- “Fashion is everything that goes out of fashion.” – Jean Cocteau
- “The difference between style and fashion is quality.” – Giorgio Armani
- “You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.” – Edith Head
- “Everyday is a fashion show, and the world is your runway.” – Coco Chanel
- “The secret of great style is to feel good in what you wear.” – Inés de la Fressange
- “One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” – Lauren Hutton
- “Personal style is about a sense of yourself, a sense of what you believe in and wearing what you like.” – Ralph Lauren
- “The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.” – Hubert de Givenchy
- “Fashion is very important. It is life-enhancing and, like everything that gives pleasure, it is worth doing well.” – Vivienne Westwood
- “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” – Miuccia Prada
- “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” – Christian Dior
Fashion Quotes From Famous Designers
In this collection of fashion quotes, you will find inspiration and wisdom from some of the most influential figures in fashion.
Whether you’re a fashion enthusiast, designer, or simply someone who appreciates the beauty and power of fashion, these quotes will offer a glimpse into the world of fashion and inspire you to embrace your own unique sense of style.
- “I create fashion that is memorable.” – Jenny Packham
- “I make clothes, women make fashion.” – Azzedine Alaïa
- “I don’t design clothes. I design dreams.” – Ralph Lauren
- “Fashion is a language that creates itself in clothes to interpret reality.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “I may be a beginner at some things, but I’ve got a black belt in shopping.” – Phyllis Nefler
- “Clothes is just something you put on to cover yourself… fashion is a way to communicate.” – Dries van Noten
- “Fashion is not about product; it’s about an interesting idea that you can’t resist buying into.” – Alessandro Michele
- “Fashion goes in only one direction -forward- and I am a firm believer in thinking that way too.” – Anna Wintour
- “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who’s wearing it.” – Yves Saint Laurent
- “It’s about being creative and drawing on who you are when you wake up, and expressing yourself through fashion.” – Future
- “Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you.” – Ralph Lauren
- “I think fashion can do a lot. Fashion is very popular, so it can help broadcast a message and reach a new generation.” – Maria Grazia Chiuri
- “I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it.” – Alexander McQueen
- “Mine is one of the most beautiful professions in fashion: making others happy with an idea… I am happy because I did the job I dreamt of as a child.” – Hubert de Givenchy
- “The customer is the final filter. What survives the whole process is what people wear. I’m not interested in making clothes that end up in some dusty museum.” – Marc Jacobs
Short Fashion Quotes For Instagram
These cool quotes serve as reminders that fashion is not just about what we wear, but about how we feel and how we present ourselves to the world.
Whether you’re looking for inspiration, motivation, or just a bit of fun, these short fashion quotes are sure to make a statement and perfect captions for your latest pics!
- “Simple is the new black.” – Unknown
- “When in doubt, wear red.” – Bill Blass
- “The joy of dressing is an art.” – John Galliano
- “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” – Coco Chanel
- “Elegance is elimination.” – Cristóbal Balenciaga
- “Trendy is the last stage before tacky.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “She can beat me, but she cannot beat my outfit.” – Rihanna
- “Elegance is good taste, plus a dash of daring.” – Carmel Snow
- “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
- “My style icon is anyone who makes a bloody effort.” – Isabella Blow
- “Fashion is only different skins for different flavors of you.” – Lauren Beukes
- “Every beautiful design or creation is a byproduct of sensuality.” – Lebo Grand
- “Fashion is what you adopt when you don’t know who you are.” – Quentin Crisp
- “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet.” – Carrie Bradshaw
- “Fashion is artistically designed to express the boldness of beauty.” – Wayne Chirisa
- “Fashion must elevate self-esteem of woman but not lower it down.” – Sabina Hassan
- “Fashion is not just about the clothes you wear, it’s about the impression it creates.” – Dr. Kemano
- “Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” – Bo Derek
Quotes About Fashion To Inspire You
- “Fashion is an imposition, a reign on freedom.” – Golda Meir
- “What a deformed thief this fashion is.” – William Shakespeare
- “In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous.” – Elsa Schiaparelli
- “Fashion is nothing but an induced epidemic.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered.” – Giorgio Armani
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is only the attempt to realize art in living forms and social intercourse.” – Francis Bacon
- “Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they notice the woman.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion seldom interferes with nature without diminishing her grace and efficiency.” – Henry Theodore Tuckerman
- “Fashion is the thing! The thing you can put on confidently. And at least you can breathe with comfort.” – Salman Aziz
- “Fashion is something barbarous, for it produces innovation without reason and imitation without benefit.” – George Santayana
- “Being well dressed hasn’t much to do with having good clothes. It’s a question of good balance and good common sense.” – Oscar de la Renta
- “Fashion and beauty is a reflection of what’s on the inside. And if you’re genuine, they match up. The core of who you are will be the same.” – Michelle Carter
- “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” – Coco Chanel
- “Fashion is not just beauty, it’s about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong.” – Adriana Lima
- “Style is the only thing you can’t buy. It’s not in a shopping bag, a label, or a price tag. It’s something reflected from our soul to the outside world—an emotion.” – Alber Elbaz
Inspiring Fashion Quotes To Be Yourself
- “You either know fashion or you don’t.” – Anna Wintour
- “I want people to see the dress, but focus on the woman.” – Vera Wang
- “Fashion is a tool… to compete in life outside the home.” – Mary Quant
- “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
- “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Fashion is more usually a gentle progression of revisited ideas.” – Bruce Oldfield
- “Fashion is about dreaming and making other people dream.” – Donatella Versace
- “Create your own style… let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.” – Anna Wintour
- “Every day, half of my outfit is vintage. It’s romantic; it’s nostalgic. I’m a magpie for old times.” – Alexa Chung
- “The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.” – Giambattista Valli
- “Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.” – Oscar de la Renta
- “Fashion is the science of appearance, and it inspires one with the desire to seem rather than to be.” – Henry Fielding
- “Fashion has to reflect who you are, what you feel at the moment, and where you’re going.” – Pharrell Williams
- “I have always believed that fashion was not only to make women more beautiful but also to reassure them, give them confidence.” – Yves Saint Laurent
- “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” – Gianni Versace
Greatest Fashion Quotes Of All Time
- “Fashion is what you buy, style is what you do with it.” – Unknown
- “Always dress like you’re going to see your worst enemy.” – Kimora Lee
- “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.” – Yves Saint Laurent
- “We don’t need fashion to survive, we just desire it so much.” – Marc Jacobs
- “Fashion, somehow for me, is purely and happily irrational.” – Hedi Slimane
- “Doing collections, doing fashion is like a non-stop dialogue.” – Karl Lagerfeld
- “Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music.” – Michael Kors
- “Fashion is a kind of communication. It’s a language without words.” – Ralph Lauren
- “Fashion: by which what is really fantastic becomes for a moment the universal.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Fashion should be a form of escapism and not a form of imprisonment.” – Alexander McQueen
- “It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic by fashion.” – Yves Saint Laurent
Fashion Vs. Style
Fashion and style are often used interchangeably, but they are actually two distinct concepts.
Fashion refers to the current trends in clothing, accessories, and beauty products. It is constantly evolving and changing, driven by factors such as popular culture, social norms, and technological advancements.
On the other hand, style is more personal and enduring. It refers to the way an individual expresses themselves through their clothing and accessories.
Style is about creating a unique and individual look that reflects your personality, tastes, and values. It is not necessarily about following the latest fashion trends, but rather about creating a look that is authentic and true to oneself.
In summary, fashion is about the latest trends, while style is about personal expression and creating a unique look that reflects your individuality.
Fashion quotes can also provide insight into the cultural and historical significance of fashion.
They can shed light on the social and political movements that have shaped fashion trends over the years, and the impact of fashion on our society.
If you think you can relate to these insightful and uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.f