The world is facing many big challenges and climate change has become a matter of global crisis. And amidst this critical juncture, the urgency to engage, educate, and unite individuals and nations in addressing environmental issues and taking proactive measures is very important. Hence here are some of the most impactful climate change quotes, sourced from world leaders, renowned celebrities, respected scientists, influential politicians, and dedicated climate activists.
In this context, the powerful words of influential figures carry the potential to inspire communities to work towards a sustainable and promising future.
What Is Climate Change?
Climate change refers to global warming, which is the continuous rise in the Earth’s average temperature, and how it impacts the planet’s climate system. There are various causes of climate change the main being human activities, especially the burning of fossil fuels like coal, oil, and gas, which release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
And with the Earth getting hotter day by day due to global warming, the effect of climate change can be witnessed with rising sea levels that increase the intensity of natural calamities.
Climate change and global warming are a threat to the Earth and so it is important to urgently take strong actions to prevent it for human survival.
Also Check: Earth Day Quotes
These inspirational and powerful quotes about climate change, saving the environment, and sustainability by famous personalities like Donald Trump, Barrack Obama, Elon Musk, Leonardo Di Caprio, Greta Thunberg, and more inspire you to work towards a healthier and sustainable world.
Top 10 Climate Change Quotes
- “The effects of climate change are real and must be acted on.” — Joe Biden
- “When the well is dry, we know the worth of water.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “No challenge poses a greater threat to future generations than climate change.” — President Obama
- “The climate crisis is both the easiest and the hardest issue we have ever faced. The easiest because we know what we must do.” — Greta Thunberg
- “There is still time to avoid the worst impacts of climate change, if we take strong action now.” — Nicholas Stern
- “The impact of climate change is a tremendous risk to the security and well-being of our countries.” — Nancy Pelosi
- “Climate change is no longer some far-off problem; it is happening here, it is happening now.” — Barack Obama
- “To tackle climate change you don’t have to reduce your quality of life, but you do have to change the way you live.” — Ken Livingstone
- “Climate change is a terrible problem, and it absolutely needs to be solved. It deserves to be a huge priority.” — Bill Gates
- “Climate change is a lot like death. We all understand it’s inevitable, but few of us truly accept it.” — Brian McDermott
Quotes About Climate Change
- “Save trees to combat climate change, or earth will definitely take it’s revenge.” — Unknown
- “I think calling it climate change is rather limiting. I would rather call it the everything change.” — Margaret Atwood
- “Preservation of our environment is not a liberal or conservative challenge, it’s common sense.” — Ronald Reagan
- “Climate change will test our intelligence, our compassion and our will. But we are equal to that challenge.” — Justin Trudeau
- “The growing evidence of climate change is forcing attention on carbon emissions and their reduction.” — Gordon Brown
- “Climate change is real. The science is compelling. And the longer we wait, the harder the problem will be to solve.” — John F. Kerry
- “If you really think that the environment is less important than the economy, try holding your breath while you count your money.” — Guy McPherson
- “Although the magnitude of climate change may make individuals feel helpless, individual action is critical for meaningful change.” — Mia Armstrong
- “Global climate change has a profound impact on the survival and development of mankind. It is a major challenge facing all countries.” — Hu Jintao
- “There’s one issue that will define the contours of this century more dramatically than any other, and that is the urgent threat of changing climate.” — Barack Obama
Best Quotes On Climate Change
- “For the sake of our children and our future, we must do more to combat climate change.” — Barack Obama
- “It’s not climate change that needs to be tackled. It is the political power of fossil fuel industry.” — Richard Denniss
- “People of conscience need to break their ties with corporations financing the injustice of climate change.” — Desmond Tutu
- “Climate change, if unchecked, is an urgent threat to health, food supplies, biodiversity, and livelihoods across the globe.” — John F. Kerry
- “Climate change is happening, humans are causing it, and I think this is perhaps the most serious environmental issue facing us.” — Bill Nye
- “Climate change is sometimes misunderstood as being about changes in the weather. In reality, it is about changes in our very way of life.” — Paul Polman
- “If we pollute the air, water and soil that keep us alive and well, and destroy the biodiversity that allows natural systems to function, no amount of money will save us.” — David Suzuki
- “We simply must do everything we can in our power to slow down global warming before it is too late… The science is clear. The global warming debate is over.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Each and every one of us can make changes in the way we live our lives and become part of the solution [to climate change].” — AI Gore
- “We are the first generation to be able to end poverty, and the last generation that can take steps to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. Future generations will judge us harshly if we fail to uphold our moral and historical responsibilities.” — Ban Ki-moon
Climate Change Quotes For Awareness
- “We have to wake up to the fierce urgency of the now.” — Jim Yong Kim
- “The climate is changing, so should we! Go Green. Stop Global Warming.” — Unknown
- “Climate change isn’t something people get to choose to believe or not: it’s happening.” — Matt Gaetz
- “What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on?” — Henry David Thoreau
- “We have a single mission: to protect and hand on the planet to the next generation.” — Francois Hollande
- “The less we do to address climate change now, the more regulation we will have in the future.” — Bill Nye
- “On climate change, we often don’t fully appreciate that it is a problem. We think it is a problem waiting to happen.” — Kofi Annan
- “The major problems in the world are the result of the difference between how nature works and the way people think.” — Unknown
- “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.” — Barack Obama
- “The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have the facts and solutions. All we have to do is to wake up and change.” — Greta Thunberg
Short Climate Change Slogans and Captions
- There is No Planet B.
- Earth: Handle with Care.
- Green is the New Black.
- Less Pollution, More Solutions
- Be Part of the Climate Solution.
- Act Now for a Better Tomorrow.
- Our Planet, Our Responsibility.
- Climate Change is Not a Myth.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Renew.
- Fight Climate Change, Not Each Other.
- Change the Climate, Not the Planet.
- Keep Earth Cool: Fight Climate Change.
- Our little actions matter a lot to our Earth.
- Climate Change: A Problem to Solve, Not a Debate.
Is Climate Change Real?
Yes, climate change is real. It’s happening because of things like pollution and the Earth is getting warmer. We see more heatwaves, storms, and rising sea levels.
We are responsible for the deteriorating condition of our Mother Earth. From deforestation to the burning of fossil fuels, all such actions are responsible for seriously degrading the environment of our planet. From the food we eat to the air we breathe, everything is affected by climate crisis.
To help, we must reduce pollution and protect the planet.
Thus, taking necessary actions toward climate change has become a must and it is our duty to correct our actions to make the world a better place for our future generations.
What are your favourite climate change quotes that are listed above? If there is a quote that we’ve missed then let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are.
So, feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread awareness about saving the environment and planet.