Looking for quotes about brotherhood? We have rounded up the best collection of brotherhood quotes, sayings, messages, captions for Instagram, and status, (with images and pictures) to celebrate the great bond between family and friendship that is built on mutual understanding, trust, support, and empowers you to work together.
Brotherhood Meaning – “Brotherhood” is a powerful word that means the bond shared between two brothers. It is a relationship between brothers or close friends, or a feeling of fellowship with other people. It also means an association, society, union, or community of men linked by a common interest, religion, or trade.
Also See: Harley Davidson Quotes
Brothers are the ones who stand by you in your good and hard times. They are the ones who always have your back. A brother not only protects you from the problems you face in life but also guides you when you go wrong. To have a peaceful society the feeling of brotherhood and unity is very important.
Among friends, brotherhood is the foundation of a strong friendship. Close friends are the people you can trust and rely on.
They stand tall with you not only on your path to success but more importantly during the dark hours when you are facing hardships and failures.
Such relationships are based on mutual understanding and appreciation for each other. Express your love, and support to them, and appreciate their presence in your life.
Also See: Brother In Law Quotes
Let these short quotes about brothers and brotherhood quotes help you convey your appreciation for those people and friends who are like a brother to you, who support and trust you, and are uplifting your spirits all the time.
We are all brothers and sisters, wouldn’t the world be a better place if we treated each other like that!
As the popular phrase says, “All for one, and one for all“, which emphasizes solidarity and support within a group; the group will support its members and its members will support the group. This is the main essence and motto of brotherhood.
These motivational quotes are divided into these sections;
- Brotherhood Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes About Brotherhood
- Brotherhood Military Quotes
- Firefighter Brotherhood Quotes
If likes these wise sayings and quotes about brotherhood then check our posts on gangster quotes and long distance friendship quotes which will remind you of the unbreakable bond between the two of you.
Famous Brotherhood Quotes
- “For we are nothing without brotherhood.”
- “He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother.” – The Hollies
- “Because I have a brother, I’ll always have a friend.”
- “Brothers in arms are brothers for life.” – Clone Cadets
- “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” – Hesiod
- “It takes two men to make one brother.” – Israel Zangwill
- “Good brotherhood is the best wealth.” – Russian Proverb
- “If I call you brother, it is because you have earned my respect.”
- “Brotherly love is the bond of brotherhood.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “A brother is a friend given by nature.” – Jean Baptiste Legouve
- “Brothers are first a brother, then a true friend.” – Kate Summers
- “Brotherhood means I will always come for you no matter the cost.”
- “There is the sky, which is all men’s together.”- Euripides (412 B.C.)
- “We’re like brothers. Brotherhood and togetherness.” – Darrel Mitchell
- “Brothers aren’t simply close; brothers are knit together.” – Robert Rivers
- “The mystical bond of brotherhood makes all men brothers.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.” – Jolene Perry
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” – Marc Brown
- “Bond is stronger than blood. The family grows stronger by bond.”― Itohan Eghide
- “Brotherhood is the very price and condition of man’s survival.” – Carlos P. Romulo
- “The universal brotherhood of man is our most precious possession.” – Mark Twain
- “The world is now too small for anything but brotherhood.” ― Arthur Powell Davies
- “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” – Jane Austen
- “Either men will learn to live like brothers, or they will die like beasts.” – Max Lerner
- “Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.” – Hindu Proverb
- “The crest and crowning of all good, life’s final star, is brotherhood.” – Edwin Markham
- “I may not be my brothers keeper, but I am my brother’s brother.” – Jeffrey R. Holland
- “We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.” – William Boetcker
- “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” – James Patterson
- “People are realizing that color has no bearing on what’s known as brotherhood.” ― Omar Epps
- “Brotherhood is an ideal better understood by example than precept!.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Brotherhood means living peaceably together and to help and love one another.” – Rhea Cumming
- “As the season goes on, teammates go from teammates to friends, to brothers.” ― Baseball Quotes
- “Family isn’t always about the blood you share. It’s about those willing to bleed for you.” ― Unknown
- “Respect, brotherhood – the family comes first, and everything else falls in place after that.” – Jadakiss
- “The more man knows of man, the better for the common brotherhood among men.” – Charles Dickens
- “The opportunity for brotherhood presents itself every time you meet a human being.” – Jane Wyman
- “None of you believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.” – Prophet Muhammad
- “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “Of a truth, men are mystically united: a mystic bond of brotherhood makes all men one.” ― Thomas Carlyle
- “The most dangerous word in any human tongue is the word for brother. It’s inflammatory.” ― Tennessee Williams
“The great thing about football is that after a while you become more than teammates… you become brothers.” ― Unknown
- “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue.” – Byron Pulsifer
Inspirational Quotes About Brotherhood
The bond shared between brothers is very special. It is not necessary to share a common DNA to be brothers. It is a relation of companionship that you can share with people you can depend on, and with people who can do anything for you.
On a larger scale, the concept of brotherhood involves uniting all human beings. It is about caring for your fellow humans and about lifting them when they are in need.
For a peaceful world, the feeling of brotherhood is essential. If people understand this feeling of fellowship or kinship then the world would be a better place to live in. Where each one understands other and is kind enough to help others in need.
Also See: Togetherness Quotes
These amazing brotherhood bond quotes and brother quotes about unity and peace throw light on the importance of that pure boy’s bond.
- “Those who don’t know the value of loyalty can never appreciate the gift of brotherhood.” – Unknown
- “Only a brother can love like a father, annoy like a sister, care like a mother, and support like a friend.” – Unknown
- “Brotherhood is not just a Bible word. Out of comradeship can come and will come the happy life for all.” – Heywood Broun
- “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow.” – Michael Morpurgo
- “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” – Susan Scarf Merrell
- “Trying to build the brotherhood of man without the fatherhood of God is like trying to make a wheel without a hub.” – Irene Dunne
- “I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother and I found all three.”
- “We were homies, but you will always be a brother to me. So close, we always gave each other kiss on the cheek.” ― Cuban Link
- “It is at times such as this that we show our true spirit of giving and of brotherhood of revealing the good Samaritan in all of us.” – Jo Bonner
- “Christians are my brothers, Hindus are my brothers, all of them are my brothers. We just think different and believe different.” – Muhammad Ali
- “One can be a brother only in something. Where there is no tie that binds men, men are not united but merely lined up.” – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- “The idea of brotherhood re-dawns upon the world with a broader significance than the narrow association of members in a sect or creed.” – Helen Keller
- “There is a destiny that makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
- “You earn brotherhood – the purest friendship, trust, love, whatever you want to call it – moment by moment through how you treat others.” – Doug Cooper
- “When you are a grown up your brothers become your neighbors and your unconditional brotherhood become your conditional neighborhood.” – Amit Kalantri
- “Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people Sharing all the world.” – John Lennon
- “Brotherhood isn’t just a word, it’s total dedication to each other or your club, not just when it’s convenient. Many people say it but very few live it.” – Unknown
- “Give bread to a stranger, in the name of the universal brotherhood which binds together all men under the common father of nature.”― Marcus Fabius Quintilianus
- “Friends are connected by their souls, you can’t just rinse something out that has been deeply instilled into your soul!” – Ling Yao, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other — they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see, I sought my god, but my god eluded me; And then I sought my sisters and my brothers, and in them I found all three.” – Baba Amte
- “Brother is a person who is there when you need him; someone who picks you up when you fall; a person who sticks up for you when no one else will; a brother is always a friend.”
- “By practicing brotherhood, we set a good example for those around us and in return we feel a sense of self-fulfillment for having aided a fellow human being.” – Kathy Bartilson
- “I look to a time when brotherhood needs no publicity; to a time when a brotherhood award would be as ridiculous as an award for getting up each morning.” – Daniel D. Mich
- “You cannot contribute anything to the ideal condition of mind and heart known as Brotherhood, however much you preach, posture, or agree, unless you live it.” – Faith Baldwin
- “I believe in the brotherhood of all men, but I don’t believe in wasting brotherhood on anyone who doesn’t want to practice it with me. Brotherhood is a two-way street.” – Malcolm X
- “Not everybody’s going to have a perfect relationship with every great player on their team. But when I step between those lines and I’m with my team, we’re a brotherhood.” – John Wall
- “Equality lies only in human moral dignity. Let there be brothers first, then there will be brotherhood, and only then will there be a fair sharing of goods among brothers.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “You just call on me brother, when you need a hand. We all need somebody to lean on I just might have a problem that you’ll understand. We all need somebody to lean on” ― Bill Withers
- “Brotherhood is the good deed, service to others. Brotherhood is food, shelter and rainment, yes, but it is also the word of hope, the pat on the back, the open door, the warm hearth.” ― P. L. Prattis
- “I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “It is doubtless true that men are bad because they are unhappy. If anyone could give them real happiness, the happiness of brotherhood, they would all want to live the true and brotherly life.” ― Edwin Markham
- “Sooner or later, all the peoples of the world will have to discover a way to live together in peace, and thereby transform this pending cosmic elegy into a creative psalm of brotherhood.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.” – Maya Angelou
- “If we desire a society in which men are brothers, then we must act towards one another with brotherhood. If we can build such a society, then we would have achieved the ultimate goal of human freedom.” – Batard Rustin
- “The spirit of brotherhood recognizes of necessity both the need of self-help and also the need of helping others in the only way which every ultimately does great god, that is, of helping them to help themselves.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“Brotherhood, equality, and fraternity of man, these are all the basic points of our religion, culture, and civilization and we fought for Pakistan because there was a danger of the denial of these human rights in this Subcontinent.” – Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- “To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
- “You cannot see brotherhood; neither can you hear it nor taste it. But you can feel it a hundred times a day. It is the pat on the back when things look gloomy. It is the smile of encouragement when the way seems hard. It is the helping hand when the burden becomes unbearable.” – Peter E. Terzick
- “I love you, my brother, whoever you are – whether you worship in a church, kneel in your temple, or pray in your mosque. You and I are children of one faith, for the diverse paths of religion are fingers of the loving hand of the one supreme being, a hand extended to all, offering completeness of spirit to all, eager to receive all.” – Kahlil Gibran
Brotherhood Military Quotes
The feeling of brotherhood is best demonstrated by the military. A soldier or military personnel are always ready to sacrifice their lives for the citizens of a country and their fellow soldiers. They define brotherhood not in words, but in actions.
Also See: Stick Together Quotes
They are connected by a common purpose, they work as a fraternity and are loyal and respectful towards each other. Each one stands for one and for the team. The feeling of brotherhood is strong enough to bond them together and be for each other.
If you like these famous brotherhood military quotes then check our posts on native American quotes and siblings quotes to cherish that special bond.
- “We should all lend a helping hand to those in need as we are all brothers and sisters.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “We don’t need holy wars. What we need is tolerance and brotherhood and simple humanity.” – Arlen Specter
- “The spirit of democracy…requires change of the heart…requires the inculcation of the spirit of brotherhood.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “You may call for peace as loudly as you wish, but where there is no brotherhood there can in the end be no peace.” – Max Lerner
- “Grant us brotherhood, not only for this day but for all our years a brotherhood not of words but of acts and deeds.” – Stephen Vincent
- “The only thing that makes battle psychologically tolerable is the brotherhood among soldiers. You need each other to get by.” – Sebastian Junger
- “The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “The military sowed a spirit of brotherhood in its members, by necessity as well as plan, and that spirit was a vengeful one when its ire was aroused.” – Evan Currie
- “No catalogue of horrors ever kept men from war. Before the war you always think that it’s not you that dies. But you will die, brother, if you go to it long enough.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “When you are a member of an organization, life isn’t only about you. As part of a circle of people who depend on one another, you watch one another’s back and remain loyal to the concept of brotherhood.” – Sonny Barger
Firefighter Brotherhood Quotes
Heroes come in all different forms. Firefighters and soldiers have a feeling of brotherhood, they sacrifice their life and keep them at risk for the safety of the community and people at large. Here is a list of some deep firefighter brotherhood quotes that will describe the feeling of brotherhood in firefighters.
If you like these inspirational firefighter brotherhood quotes then check our posts on firefighter quotes and meaningful friendship quotes to appreciate your bond with your friends and celebrate your friendship.
- “No guns but only brotherhood can resolve the problems.” ― Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.” ― Baha’u’llah
- “I can think of no more stirring symbol of man’s humanity to man than a fire engine.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “My brother to my left, my brother to my right. Together we stand, together we fight.” ― Army Quotes
- “That’s the life, being a fireman. It sure beats being a ballplayer. I’d rather be a fireman.” – Ted Williams
- “In death as in life, we stand together, always a family, always a team. The brotherhood never dies.” – Marcus Luttrell
- “Firefighters never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved.” – Susan Murphree
- “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
- “When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished. What he does after that is all in the line of work.” – Edward F. Croker
- “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
These inspirational quotations about brotherhood also cover friendship brotherhood quotes, funny brotherhood quotes, brotherhood quotes for Instagram, Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood quotes, fraternity brotherhood quotes, biker brotherhood quotes, dark brotherhood quotes, marine corps brotherhood quotes, and badass brotherhood quotes.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.