60 Unrequited Love Quotes to Help You Cope With Heartache
Looking for sad quotes about unreciprocated love? Read the best collection of unrequited love quotes, sayings, proverbs, sayings, captions for Instagram, status messages, (with images and pictures) by famous leaders, celebrities, authors, actors, and more that you can relate to.
Also See: Friend Zone Quotes
Unrequited love is the feeling of being deeply in love with someone who does not feel the same way in return. Unrequited love can be painful and heartbreaking, but it can also be a source of inspiration and creativity.
These unrequited love sayings are a mix of inspirational, sad, heart-touching, funny, and emotional quotes which will help you express your pain and emotions if you are going through a phase where your love was not reciprocated.
Unrequited love can be a painful and difficult experience, but it is also a universal human emotion that many people can relate to. Here are some quotes that capture the essence of unrequited love:
Don’t forget to check out our collection of one-sided love quotes for him/her if you are heartbroken.
Most Touching Unrequited Love Quotes
- “Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart.” ― Christina Westover
- “Love may have the longest arms, but it can still fall short of an embrace.” ― Megan McCafferty
- “The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love.” ― Joyce Carol Oates
- “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
- “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “Unrequited love is a ridiculous state, and it makes those in it behave ridiculously.” ― Cassandra Clare
- “Living with someone you love can be lonelier than living entirely alone, if the one that you love doesn’t love you.” ― Tennessee Williams
- “There’s nothing so mortifying as to fall in love with someone who does not share one’s sentiments.” ― Unknown
- “The worst feeling is falling for someone and knowing that they won’t be there to catch you” ― Rashida Rowe
- “…unrequited love does not die; it’s only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded. For some unfortunates, it turns bitter and mean, and those who come after pay the price for the hurt done by the one who came before.” ― Elle Newmark
Sad Quotes Of Unrequited Love
- “I wish you liked me like I like you.” ― Unknown
- “You fall for one, they fall for another.” ― Unknown
- “I wish I knew how to quit you.” ― Annie Proulx
- “He never left my mind. I never even crossed his.” ― Unknown
- “The course of true love never did run smooth.” ― William Shakespeare
- “You know you’ve got it bad when you miss something you never had.” ― Unknown
- “Problems can be fixed. But unrequited love is a tragedy.” ― Suzanne Harper
- “My love for you was a masterpiece – you never really cared much for art.” ―Unknown
- “There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Loving someone who doesn’t love you back is like hugging a cactus. The tighter you hold on the more it hurts.” ―Unknown
Deep Quotes on Unrequited Love
- “One of the greatest pain and agony is being in one-sided love with someone.”
- “You lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t care about losing you.” – Tablo
- “Unrequited love differs from mutual love, just like delusion differs from the truth.” – George Sand
- “Love unrequited is violent. He loves you so much that he’s turned it into hate.” – Lauren DeStefano
- “The biggest curse in life is not losing your love, but not being loved by someone you love.”
- “I know I am but summer to your heart, And not the full four seasons of the year.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “The hardest thing about being broken isn’t the Love you don’t receive, it’s the Love you long to give that nobody wants.”
- “When you give someone your whole heart and he doesn’t want it, you cannot take it back. It’s gone forever.”- Sylvia Plath
- “My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it.” – Meredith T. Taylor
- “You like someone who can’t like you back because unrequited love can be survived in a way that once-requited love cannot.” – John Green
Best Love Quotes Unrequited
- “Those who love more are loved less.”
- “The only love that lasts is unrequited love.” ― Woody Allen
- “All love is unrequited. All of it.” ― J. Michael Straczynski
- “Perhaps a great love is never returned.” ― Dag Hammarskjold
- “The worst feeling isn’t being lonely. It’s being forgotten by someone you would never forget.”
- “Unrequited love is so boring. Weeping under a blue-black sky is for suckers or maniacs.” ― Alice Hoffman
- “To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.”―Federico Garcia Lorca
- “People do incredible things for love, particularly for unrequited love.” ― Daniel Radcliffe
- “The sun’s gone dim, and / The moon’s turned black; / For I loved him, and / He didn’t love back.” ― Dorothy Parker
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” ― Julia Roberts
Romeo and Juliet Unrequited Love Quotes
Many great writers and poets have explored the theme of unrequited love in their works.
Shakespeare’s play “Romeo and Juliet” is a classic example of unrequited love, as Romeo is in love with Juliet, but she does not love him back.
More commonly known simply as Romeo and Juliet, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet is one of William Shakespeare’s most famous works.
The play follows the lives and deaths of Romeo and Juliet, two young star-crossed lovers from feuding families in Verona.
- Romeo: “This love I feel, I feel no love in this.”
- Romeo: ” Out of her favor, where I am in love.”
- Benvolio: “By giving liberty into thine eyes, examine other beauties.”
- Romeo: “Well, in that hit you miss, she’ll not be hit with Cupid’s arrow.”
- Benvolio: “Come, he hath hid himself among these trees to be consorted (associate with) with the humorous night, blind is his love, and best befits the dark.”
- Romeo: “That late thou gavest me, for Mercutio’s soul is but a little way above our heads, staying for thine to keep him company, either thou (tybalt) or I, or both, must go with him.”
Most Famous Quotes about Unretured Love
Unreciprocated Love Saying, Images for Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram
More Quotes About Love & Crush
Long Distance Relationship Quotes
Insecurities In Relationship Quotes
Relationship Understanding Quotes
Write down these unrequited love quotations and wallpapers and bookmark this page. Let these relatable quotes act as a source of inspiration every day as a reminder to keep going every day and move on.
Also, read How to Know if You Are in the Friend Zone.
Share these meaningful wise words of wisdom with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest WhatsApp, and Twitter.