Looking for inspirational quotes from your favorite novel The Alchemist? We have rounded up the best collection of The Alchemist quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) for the dreamer in you.
These interesting quotes from the book Alchemist are about life, love, fate, fear, destiny and more to inspire you to pursue your dreams by following what your heart desires.
The Alchemist is a classic novel by Paul Coelho which was originally written in Portuguese and first published in 1988.
With over 65 million copies sold and translated into close to 80 languages, it remains to be one of the best-selling books.
Also Check: Follow Your Dreams Quotes
The Alchemist follows a young shepherd named Santiago on his journey to the Egyptian pyramids, after having a repeated dream of finding treasure there.
Along the way, he meets mentors who, knowingly or unknowingly, teach him something. He meets a thief, a King, an Englishman, an Alchemist, and a beautiful girl named Fatima.
Also See: Manifestation Quotes
He falls in love with Fatima, learns the true importance of who he is, and most importantly, discovers his destiny. He finally reaches his destination and his dreams come true.
The novel’s main theme is about finding one’s destiny. The book delivers a beautiful message to its readers through the advice given to Santiago
“when you really want something to happen, the whole universe will conspire so that your wish comes true”.
These famous The Alchemist quotes will inspire you to never give up on your dreams and will remind you that you have the courage to overcome obstacles that life throws at you, to reach your wildest dreams.
Top 10 The Alchemist Quotes By Paulo Coelho
- “Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Don’t give in to your fears… If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “When you can’t go back, you have to worry only about the best way of moving forward.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better, too.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “If you start out by promising what you don’t even have yet, you’ll lose your desire to work toward getting it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “No matter what he does, every person on earth plays a central role in the history of the world. And normally he doesn’t know it.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Famous Quotes From The Alchemist
The Alchemist is a story about life, love, and finding your true purpose. It helps us understand that we should listen to what our hearts say because that will reman with us forever.
Also Check: Law Of Attraction Quotes
The story also teaches us that the universe showers us with blessings time and again and we should be grateful for our blessings. As quoted by Paulo Coelho in the book. “Every blessing ignored becomes a curse.”
It is very difficult to hand-pick a few quotes as the book is filled with countless gems, but here is a list of some amazing and powerful quotes from The Alchemist
- “I’m an adventurer, looking for treasure.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Everyone on earth has a treasure that awaits him.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “To realize one’s destiny is a person’s only obligation.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “It said that all people who are happy have God within them.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Life really is generous to those who pursue their Personal Legend.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “The boy and his heart had become friends, and neither was capable now of betraying the other.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think that yours is the only path.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “The secret of happiness is to see all the marvels of the world, and never to forget the drops of oil on the spoon.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “God only rarely reveals the future. When he does so, it is for one reason: it’s a future that was written so as to be altered.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “There is only one way to learn… It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “We have stopped for a moment to encounter each other, to meet, to love, to share. This is a precious moment. It is a little parenthesis in eternity.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “At a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what’s happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate. That’s the world’s greatest lie.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second’s encounter with God and with eternity.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “I don’t live in either my past or my future. I’m interested only in the present. If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man. Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living now.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Best The Alchemist Quotes On Love & Dreams
The Alchemist is filled with heartfelt and beautiful moments of love. The book throws light on the concept of love and makes you understand that love can help you become a better person.
Through Fatima expressing her heartwarming sentiments to Santiago, Coelho has given endless quotes and lines about the beauty of love.
Here is a list of the best The Alchemist quotes about love and dreams that will inspire you never lose hope and keep trying to achieve your goals.
- “Never stop dreaming.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Because true love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Maktub. If I am really a part of your dream, you’ll come back one day.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting…” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Ever since time began, people have recognized their true love by the light in their eyes.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “The dunes are changed by the wind, but the desert never changes. That’s the way it will be with our love for each other.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Why do we have to listen to our hearts?” the boy asked. “Because, wherever your heart is, that is where you will find your treasure.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his Personal Legend. If he abandons that pursuit, it’s because it wasn’t true love.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “You will never be able to escape from your heart. So it’s better to listen to what it has to say. That way, you’ll never have to fear an unanticipated blow.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Dreams are the language of God. When he speaks in our language, I can interpret what he has said. But if he speaks in the language of the soul, it is only you who can understand.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “When he looked into her dark eyes, and saw that her lips were poised between a laugh and silence, he learned the most important part of the language that all the world spoke—the language that everyone on earth was capable of understanding in their heart. It was love.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “People are afraid to pursue their most important dreams, because they feel that they don’t deserve them, or that they’ll be unable to achieve them. We, their hearts, become fearful just thinking of loved ones who go away forever, or of moments that could have been good but weren’t, or of treasures that might have been found but were forever hidden in the sands.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “And when two such people encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant. There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in the world. Without such love, one’s dreams would have no meaning.” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
- “Before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up. It’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one ‘dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.’” – Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
More About The Alchemist And Paulo Coelho
The main theme of The Alchemist is alchemy, to persuade a metal to achieve its own Personal Legend to turn into gold.
Likewise, we as individuals should live in the singular pursuit of our individual dreams, this is the primary moral of The Alchemist.
Coelho wrote the novel in only two weeks. When asked how did he manage to write at this pace, he explained that the story was “already written in [his] soul”.
In this final portion of the story, Coelho teaches us that we must be open to finding our destiny in unexpected places, and that it must be found before we can truly live the life we were meant to live
Here are some of the many eye-opening and inspiring lessons from The Alchemist:
- You have a Personal Legend that you must follow to live a happy and fulfilling life.
- Face your fear that stops you from going for your dreams, because your fear holds you back more than anything else.
- The secret of life is to follow your heart and reach for your dreams.
It is because of these beautiful life lessons that the novel has become a huge success and is considered a self-help book than literature or a fantasy novel.
These amazing The Alchemist Quotes about dreams will inspire you to be hopeful for the future and motivate you to pursue your dream you can’t wait to achieve.
Did these thought-provoking Alchemist quotes and lines inspire you to follow your destiny? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.