90 Short Thanksgiving Quotes & Sayings To Be Grateful
Looking for inspirational short quotes for Thanksgiving? We have rounded up the best collection of short Thanksgiving quotes, sayings, prayers, captions, one-liners, and status (with images and pictures) to be thankful for all the blessings we have in our lives.
Thanksgiving is one special holiday where we all can pause, reflect and be thankful f0r all the things, relations and love we are blessed with. Thanksgiving is all about celebrating the blessings and feasting with family and friends.
Also See: Thanksgiving Quotes
Thanksgiving Day 2022 is on Thursday, November 24, a time for Americans to give thanks for the harvest and spend time with family and friends.
While celebrating all the good things of life with mashed potato and Turkey on your plate its time to show your gratitude for your friends, family, and God for all that you have in life.
Also See: Best Thanksgiving Captions
The season is all about spending time with family and for Thanksgiving traditions of all sorts.
When enjoying and celebrating the goodness of life, these short and inspirational thanksgiving and being grateful quotes are great way to show your appreciation and be thankful for all the blessings in life.
Short Thanksgiving Quotes To Be Thankful
- “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth
- “Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.” – Seneca
- “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” – Jefferson Bethke
- “Give thanks for a little, and you will find a lot.” – Hausa Proverb
- “Be present in all things, and thankful for all things.” – Maya Angelou
- “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilton
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
- “Gratitude, help us to see what is there instead of what isn’t.” – Annette Bridges
- “Be thankful for what you have. Your life is someone else’s fairy tale.” – Wale Ayeni
- “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.” – Robert Caspar Lintner
- “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
- “Thanksgiving is the meal we aspire for other meals to resemble.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
- “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” – Randy Pausch
- “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.” – Elie Wiesel
- “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
- “Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” – Alice Walker
Short Thanksgiving Sayings To Make You Smile
- “In all things give thanks.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- “There is always something to be thankful for.” – Unknown
- “An attitude of gratitude brings great things.” – Yogi Bhajan
- “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” – W.J. Cameron
- “Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein
- “Be present in all things and thankful for all.” – Maya Angelou
- “There is always, always something to be thankful for.” – Unknown
- “Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” – Kevin James
- “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” – William Shakespeare
- “On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence.” – William Jennings Bryan
- “True forgiveness is when you can say, ‘Thank you for that experience.’” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Keep your spirits alive. Spend time with family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!” – Unknown
- “We must find the time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
- “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” – Will Arnett
- “He who thanks but with the lips thanks but in part; the full, the true Thanksgiving comes from the heart.” – J.A. Shedd
- “Drink and be thankful to the host! What seems insignificant when you have it, is important when you need it.” – Franz Grillparzer
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
Short Thanksgiving Captions For Instagram
- Gourd times.
- Hello, pumpkin.
- Love at first bite.
- Spice, spice, baby.
- Zero plucks given.
- Hey there, cutie pie.
- Fifty shades of gravy.
- Let the gourd times roll.
- Happiness is homemade.
- Eat, drink, and cranberry.
- In everything, give thanks.
- You’ll always be my gravy.
- Keep your eyes on the pies.
- And they lived apple-y ever after.
- Touchdowns, tailgates, and turkey.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- Let’s give ’em pumpkin to talk about.
- Family, turkey, and football — oh my!
- Give thanks and pass the mashed potatoes.
Short Thanksgiving Messages And Wishes
- “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” – W. Clement Stone
- “A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.” – Bruce Wilkinson
- “Forever on Thanksgiving the heart will find the pathway home.” – Wilbur D. Nesbit
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
- “It is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” – David Steindl-Rast
- “Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
- “I love Thanksgiving because it’s a holiday that is centered around food and family.” – Marcus Samuelsson
- “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
- “The more you practice the art of thankfulness, the more you have to be thankful for.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Short Funny Thanksgiving Quotes
- “It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a little emotional scarring.” – Friends
- “Good mashed potato is one of the great luxuries of life.” – Lindsey Bareham
- “I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” – Erma Bombeck
- “I can’t cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal and maybe toast.” – Charlie Brown
- “Thanksgiving is so called because we are all so thankful that it only comes once a year.” – P.J. O’Rourke
- “Thanksgiving is a time to count your blessings, one by one, as each relative goes home.” – Melanie White
- “For those of you who cannot be with family this Thanksgiving, please resist the urge to brag.” – Andy Borowitz
- “Hope my relatives are getting along with the professional line sitter I hired to hold my place at the front of the Thanksgiving food line.” – John Lyon
- “The turkey. The sweet potatoes. The stuffing. The pumpkin pie. Is there anything else we all can agree so vehemently about? I don’t think so.” – Nora Ephron
- “The Thankstini: A fun and delicious new novelty drink I invented. Cranberry juice, potato vodka, and a bouillon cube. Tastes just like a turkey dinner.” – Barney Stinson
10 Best Short Thanksgiving Prayers To God
- “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.” – Psalm 107:1
- “Bless the food before us, the family beside us, and the love between us. Amen.” – Unknown
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” – Maya Angelou
- “O Thou, whose hand hath brought us Unto this joyful day, Accept our glad thanksgiving, And listen as we pray.” – Frederick W. Goadby
- “God is great, and God is good. Let us thank him for our food. By his hands we all are fed. Thank you, Lord, for our daily bread. Amen.” – Unknown
- “Bless us, oh Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive from Thy bounty through Christ our Lord. Amen.” – Traditional Catholic prayer
- “Be present at our table, Lord. Be here and everywhere adored. Thy creatures bless and grant that we may feast in paradise with Thee.” – John Cennick
- “For each new morning with its light, for rest and shelter of the night, for health and food, for love and friends, for everything Thy goodness sends.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “For food in a world where many walk in hunger; For faith in a world where many walk in fear; For friends in a world where many walk alone; We give you thanks, O Lord.” – Unknown
- “For food in a world where many walk in hunger, faith in a world where many walk in fear, friends in a world where many walk alone. We give you thanks, Oh Lord. Amen.” – Seven Days in Utopia
Every year on Thanksgiving, Twitter and Instagram feeds are flooded with amazing photos of the celebration of friends, a great dinner table, clinking glasses, and very full plates.
Make your photo of the centerpiece Turkey loaded plates stand out with a great caption. If you feel short of the perfect words to caption your pic, don’t worry we’ve got you covered.
We have rounded off some of the best Instagram captions for Thanksgiving Day which are witty, funny and will surely get you tons of likes on your beautiful photos posted on Instagram. Happy Thanksgiving!
Best Funny Cute Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
No Comments | Nov 14, 2016
180+ Best Thanksgiving Captions for Instagram 
2 Comments | Sep 7, 2019
70 Best Thanksgiving Quotes to Make You Feel Thankful 
No Comments | Oct 12, 2020
140 Thanksgiving Jokes, Riddles, Puns For Kids And Adults 
No Comments | Aug 7, 2022
About The Author
I am Ananya, a professional speaker and I love motivating people and inspiring them to pursue their dreams. Sharing quotes, proverbs, and sayings of great authors to touch people's lives to make it better.