Recycling helps protect the environment. Recycling is the process of converting waste materials into new materials and objects.
We can recycle glass, paper, plastic, textile materials, and metals such as aluminum and steel. Dead plants, fruit and vegetable scraps can be recycled through composting.
Recycling is important for sustainibility of the nature and mother Earth. In these times of global warming, we see that natural resources are depleted.
We have rounded up the best collection of recycling quotes, sayings, slogans, tag-lines, captions, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to be eco-friendly.
Global Recycling Day, celebrated on March 18 every year, is a recycling initiative that encourages us to look at our trash in a new light.
When we recycle, we extract less natural resources from nature, which conserves many of our precious and limited natural resources, including trees, water, oil and metals.
Also See: Mother Nature Quotes
The mantra to reduce, reuse and recycle waste products is very important. Raising awareness amongst people for the wellbeing of our enviroment and promote the concept and practice of recycling can make a positive difference.
If we know the disadvnatages of using plastic and then we would use it more wisely and recycle it instead of trashing the products.
We have divided these deep and meaningful recycling quotes in these sections;
- Insightful Recycling Quotes
- Sustainability Quotes On Recycling
- Best Recycle Quotes For Waste Management
- Short Recycling Slogans And Captions
Also check out Earth Day quotes and sustainibility quotes to be more conscious about the climate change and the environment.
Insightful Recycling Quotes
- “I’m a recycling obsessive.” – Perdita Weeks
- “When you refuse to reuse it’s our Earth you abuse.”
- “Recycle. The possibilities are endless.” – Anonymous
- “We were in recycling before recycling was cool.” – Anthony Pratt
- “For me, green is more about cycling than recycling.” – Giles Deacon
- “Recycling old buildings to show art is very important.” – Agnes Gund
- “The recycling in my house was imposed by my kids.” – Antonio Banderas
- “A smart city cannot be imagined without proper recycling.” – Rajnath Singh
- “It’s like recycling: selling old clothes to help make new ones.” – Erin O’Connor
- “If you’re not buying recycled products, you’re not really recycling.” – Ed Begley, Jr.
- “My mom is a recycling nut, and I always bring a bag to the grocery store.” – Jane Levy
- “I would rather see us recycle fewer things well, than more things poorly.” – David Allaway
- “The purpose – where I start – is the idea of use. It is not recycling, it’s reuse.” – Issey Miyake
- “When you put the whole picture together, recycling is the right thing to do.” – Pam Shoemaker
- “I like to take out the recycling because I actually feel like I’m doing something.” – Mike Quigley
- “A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy.” – John Sawhill
- “Recycling is an area where jobs could be created at low cost. Green collar workers.” – Geoff Mulgan
- “If you want grown-ups to recycle, just tell their kids the importance of recycling, and they’ll be all over it.” – Bill Nye
- “Recycling, packaging, businesses are changing all of those things because that’s what consumers want.” – Jerry Greenfield
- “Listen up, you couch potatoes: each recycled beer can saves enough electricity to run a television for three hours.” – Denis Hayes
- “We live in a disposable society. It’s easier to throw things out than to fix them. We even give it a name – we call it recycling.” – Neil LaBute
- “Recycling more plastics can help local businesses and expand jobs while supporting the goals of sustainability.” – Kevin de Leon
- “It started as a selfish act and has turned into a way of life. I can’t stand to watch someone throw anything away that belongs in my green bin.” – Jen Hatmaker
- “If recycling is the future, then we must focus our efforts on mitigating negative impacts to our community while protecting our environment.” – Tony Cardenas
- “If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled, or composted, then it should be restricted, designed or removed from production.” – Pete Seeger
- “It makes a big difference to recycle. It makes a big difference to use recycled products. It makes a big difference to reuse things, to not use the paper cup – and each time you do, that’s a victory.” – Emily Deschanel
- “We don’t need more recycling, we need a completely different system of closed-loop manufacturing, and no matter how many cans I crush, my personal actions at the consumer level are of very little importance in getting us there.” – Alex Steffen
- “Recycling is what we do when we’re out of options to avoid, repair, or reuse the product first. Firstly: Reduce. Don’t buy what we don’t need. Repair: Fix stuff that still has life in it. Reuse: Share. Then, only when you’ve exhausted those options, recycle.” – Annie Leonard
- “Recycling is often portrayed within environmentalist literature as integral to the conception of an alternative society founded on small-scale community based industries and commune type human settlements. The aims is to create self-sufficient sustainable urban communities based around local production for local consumption from local resources.” – Matthew Gandy
- “Recycling is more than just a response to the environmental crisis and has assumed a symbolic role in beginning to change the nature of western societies and the culture of consumerism. Indeed many environmentalists assume that there will be an inevitable shift from our “throwaway” society to a post-industrial “recycling” society of the future.” – Matthew Gandy
Sustainability Quotes On Recycling
Recycling prevents the emissions of many greenhouse gases and water pollutants, and saves energy. Recycling also reduces the pollution of air, water, and land resulting from waste disposal.
There are different ways of recycling waste products, and there are three main types of recycling: mechanical, energy and chemical with many sub-categories under them.
Starting from the garbage or vegetable waste at your home, there are many small ways we can all recycle everyday products for a sustainable enviroment.
These plastic recycling quotes and paper recylcing quotes will inspire you to be more responsible in using and wasting products.
- “I was brought up to reuse things.” – Annabelle Selldorf
- “You have to keep recycling yourself.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.” – Proverb
- “Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting.”
- “We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.” – Thomas Fuller
- “We won’t have a society if we destroy the environment.” – Margaret Mead
- “In my family we’ve always been into ethical stuff and recycling.” – Bonnie Wright
- “We are living on this planet as if we have another one to go to.” – Terry Swearingen
- “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
- “What’s more important than recycling? Producing something to recycle.” – Gordon Osmond
- “Resurface. Reupholster. Repaint. Refinish. Make something old new again!” – Natalie DiScala
- “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
- “There is no such thing as ‘away’. When we throw anything away it must go somewhere.” – Annie Leonard
- “We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.” – Native American Proverb
- “Recycling one aluminum can save enough energy to run your TV for three hours.” – Reynolds Metal Company
- “Do not wait for extraordinary circumstances to do good action; try to use ordinary situations.” – Jean Paul Richter
- “Water efficiency, recycling, and other local supplies will help California flourish in a drier future.” – Frances Beinecke
- “So, I’m going to go on and work on preserving the ozone layer, encouraging everyone to recycle.” – Dean Stockwell
- “My hobby of not attending meetings about recycling saves more energy than your hobby of recycling.” – John McCarthy
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
- “Consuming less means throwing away less, while reusing things actually helps to save the planet as well as the pennies.” – Sheherazade Goldsmith
- “We recycle everything in my house. I’m not into any particular organizations, but I’m doing my part and that makes me feel okay.” – Mark-Paul Gosselaar
- “We’re all concerned about sustainable energy. If we could recycle waste heat to generate energy, we could use it for something useful.” – Mildred Dresselhaus
- “I don’t understand why when we destroy something created by man we call it vandalism, but when we destroy something by nature we call it progress.” – Ed Begley Jr.
- “Reducing and reusing take nothing more than a rethink on the way we shop, and using our imagination with the things that we might once have considered junk.” – Sheherazade Goldsmith
- “The recycling movement is floundering, and its survival depends on continual subsidies, sermons and policing. How can you build a sustainable city with a strategy that can’t even sustain itself?” – John Tierney
- “I know quite a few eco designers who build dresses out of old couture gowns. They disassemble, ‘upcycle,’ and reuse them in extraordinary ways. To me, that’s a sustainable way of doing things.” – Suzy Amis
- “We can help educate our families and communities about the importance of recycling for our environment, and how each of us can make a difference for a better world by recycling.” – Robert Alan Silverstein
- “I own about 300 pairs of shoes. When I start to go over 300, I have mini-sales from my closet and give the money to charity. It’s my way of recycling; I feel like I can give back to the universe.” – Stacy London
Best Recycle Quotes For Waste Management
- “Buy less, choose well.” – Vivienne Westwood
- “Waste is a terrible thing to mind – Recycle.” – Bumper Sticker
- “The more we recycle, the less we need to mine.” – Wilfred Visser
- “It´s an illusion that the solution to pollution is dilution!” – Unknown
- “Here, all waste will be viewed as a recycling opportunity.” – Beezer Molten
- “It’s hard to get everybody to recycle paper and plastic, let alone.” – Richard Karn
- “We are living on this planet as if we had another one to go to.” – Terry Swearingen
- “At its core, the issue of a clean environment is a matter of public health.” – Gina McCarthy
- “You can tell how high a society is by how much of its garbage is recycled.” – Dhyani Ywahoo
- “You can help keep garbage out of landfills by using things again and again.” – Margie Burton
- “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” – Mother Teresa
- “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” – Fred Rogers
- “While recycling is great in a lot of ways, the ultimate goal is to get people to prevent waste in the first place.” – Mckenzie Jones
- “If you care about the environment and how it will affect mankind, then recycling shouldn’t take a second thought.” – Jeffrey Sanderson
- “Societies only have waste products while acquiring fresh raw material remains a cheaper option than recycling.” – Peter F. Hamilton
- “The agriculture we seek will act like an ecosystem, feature material recycling and run on the contemporary sunlight of our star.” – Wes Jackson
- “During holiday parties I end up recycling a lot of my cocktail dresses and just wearing a layering piece, like blazer and tights, with it.” – Lauren Conrad
- “Waste does not exist in nature because ecosystems reuse everything that grows in a never-ending cycle of efficiency and purpose.” – Frans van Houten
- “Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to be dispersed because we’ve been ignorant of their value.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
- “All the human and animal manure which the world wastes, if returned to the land, instead of being thrown into the sea, would suffice to nourish the world.” – Victor Hugo
- “My number one thing is to recycle everything from newspaper to aluminum cans, and I even use a canvas bag instead of the plastic ones when I go to the grocery store.” – Maiara Walsh
- “It’s time we stopped turning up our noses at the nation’s garbage dumps and started appreciating them for what they really are — the municipal mines, forests, oil wells and energy sources of the future!” – Max Spendlove
- “Years ago, we all talked about recycling and not dumping things down your drain and all of that but talking doesn’t help much. Basically, it’s going to have to be legislation because the impact is so huge and diversified.” – Ted Danson
- “We are not to throw away those things which can benefit our neighbor. Goods are called good because they can be used for good: they are instruments for good, in the hands of those who use them properly.” – Clement of Alexandria
- “I’m mad keen on recycling because I’m worried about the next generation and where all this waste we’re producing is going. It has to stop. I wash out my plastic containers and recycle envelopes, everything I possibly can.” – Cherie Lunghi
- “Recycling is a good thing to do. It makes people feel good to do it. The thing I want to emphasize is the vast difference between recycling for the purpose of feeling good and recycling for the purpose of solving the trash problem.” – Barry Commoner
- “Why recycle? Because one ton of recycled paper…. – saves 24,000 gallons of water, eliminates 3 cubic yards of landfill space, eliminates 60 pounds of air pollutants, saves enough energy to power the average home for 6 months, saves about 20 trees, saves 4 barres of oil.”
- “We may recycle newspapers and glass and take proper satisfaction for doing so, but we remain caught in a web of spiritual assumptions about success and consumption, progress and waste that effectively undermine and trivialize our efforts to escape.” – William H. Becker
- “Like a shadow that does not permit us to jump over it, but moves with us to maintain its proper distance, pollution is nature’s answer to culture. When we have learned to recycle pollution into potent information, we will have passed over completely into the new cultural ecology.” – William Irwin Thompson
- “In Los Angeles, I drive a hybrid and live in a very simple home. Anything you do from carrying a canteen of water to starting a recycling program in your office makes a difference. Reusing what you already have has always been green – from clothes to boxes to glass jars from the supermarket.” – Rachel Boston
Short Recycling Slogans And Captions
Global Recycling Day, celebrated on March 18 every year, is a recycling initiative that encourages us to look at our trash in a new light.
There are several activities, campaigns, and programs conducted worldwide by environmentalists, students, institutions, and businesses, to promote and spread awareness about the benefits of recycling.
Also See: Fresh Air Quotes
These short recycling captions, mottos, slogans, taglines, hashtags, one-liners are great to put on posters, t-shirts, mugs, social media to spread the word and make people more aware of how to use their trash more thoughtfully.
- Eat, Sleep, Recycle.
- Never refuse to reuse.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
- Don’t be trashy. Recycle.
- Pollution is not a solution.
- Recycle like there’s no tomorrow.
- Recycle it all, no matter how small.
- Recycle the present, save the future.
- Recycle today for a better tomorrow.
- Recycle, the possibilities are endless.
- Every piece of plastic ever made still exists today.
- Reuse the past, recycle the present, save the future.
- Recycling turns things into other things. Which is like MAGIC.
- Recycling take a little effort on your part, but makes a big difference to the world.
- You can’t change the past, but you can change the future. Always remember to recycle.
More Recycle And Sustainibility Quotes
Recycling saves energy and prevents extraction of raw materials, helping to combat climate change.
Check out the quotations about recycling that include a variety of meaningful recycling quotes, funny recycling quotes and influential recycling quotes which are thought-provoking.
- Reuse. Recycle.
- With recycling, there is no waste.
- Recycle for a better tomorrow.
- Recycle right and Recycle often.
- Let’s Recycle Before It’s Too Late.
- Recycle—you can make a difference.
- Good things come to those who recycle.
- Recycle for a clean and green tomorrow.
- Recycle to relish in our planet’s beauty.
- Go ahead, turn your trash into treasure.
- Saving the earth is easy if you remember to recycle.
- On the road to zero waste. Keep, recycle, compost.
- It’s better to save, recycle, or reuse it than to dump IT into the trash.
- Recycling is an important part of creating a cleaner and greener planet.
- Your trash can be tomorrow’s treasure. Stay mindful of these tips on how to keep the planet alive and thriving.
- The earth will reclaim everything we build, everything we grow, everything we throw away.
- Recycling is one of the easiest and simplest ways to help protect the environment and contribute to a sustainable future. Even small, individual actions can add up to something big when we all pitch in.
- Recycling saves our planet. It gives us a chance to use materials for a new purpose and reduce our need to extract more from the earth. But recycling must be done correctly.
- We are the first generation to feel the effect of climate change and the last generation who can do something about it. – Barack Obama
- The climate crisis has already been solved. We already have the facts and solutions. All we have to do is wake up and change. – Greta Thunberg
- Climate change is real. It is happening right now, it is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating. – Leonardo DiCaprio
By reducing the waste, and re-using things and recycling, we save the natural resources of the Earth from depleting. Being more mindful about the waste-management techniques is important to save our Enviroment.
Awareness about our enviorment, educating people about the harmful affects of pollution and use of toxic substances can play a bring role in bringing about a impactful change.
The recylcing sayings by famous writers, authors, celebrities, leaders, will encourage you to be more mindful, more informed about using plastic, paper, metals, gases and their end-result.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share in the comments section below and we will love to add it to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter to spread some environment-friendly vibes!!