Looking for inspirational quotes by famous healer Maria Sabina? I’ve rounded up the best collection of Maria Sabina quotes, sayings, poems, teachings, advices, (with images and pictures) about curing and healing yourself.
Maria Sabina is famous as the “priestess of mushrooms,” she was probably the most famous Mexican healer to have ever lived.
María Sabina Magdalena García (22 July 1894 – 22 November 1985) was a Mazatec curandera, shaman and poet who lived in Huautla de Jiménez, in southern Mexico.
Also See: Dr. Sebi Quotes
Her healing sacred mushroom ceremonies, called veladas, were based on the use of psilocybin mushrooms, particularly Psilocybe caerulescens, a sacred mushroom important to the Mazatecs.
María Sabina’s veladas contributed to the popularization of indigenous Mexican ritual use of entheogenic mushrooms among westerners, though this was not her intent.
Best Maria Sabina Quotes To Heal Yourself
- “There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible.” – Maria Sabina
- “Heal yourself with mint, with neem and eucalyptus.” – Maria Sabina
- “Heal yourself with the kisses that the wind gives you and the hugs of the rain.” – Maria Sabina
- “Get strong with bare feet on the ground and with everything that is born from it.” – Maria Sabina
- “Cure yourself with the light of the sun and the rays of the moon. With the sound of the river and the waterfall. With the swaying of the sea and the fluttering of birds.” – Maria Sabina
- “Heal yourself, with beautiful love, and always remember: you are the medicine.” – Maria Sabina
- “Get smarter every day by listening to your intuition, looking at the world with the eye of your forehead.” – Maria Sabina
- “Sweeten yourself with lavender, rosemary, and chamomile.” – Maria Sabina
- “Put love in tea instead of sugar, and take it looking at the stars.” – Maria Sabina
- “I am wise even from within the womb of my mother. I am the woman of the winds, of the water, of the paths, because I am known in heaven because I am a doctor woman.” – Maria Sabina
Famous Maria Sabina Quotes To Cure Yourself
- “Jump, dance, sing, so that you live happier.” – Maria Sabina
- “Hug yourself with the cocoa bean and a touch of cinnamon.” – Maria Sabina
- “Because you gave me your clock. Because you gave me your thought.” – Maria Sabina
- “Because I am a clean woman. Because I am a Cross Star woman.” – Maria Sabina
- “Because I am a woman who flies. I am the sacred eagle woman, says.” – Maria Sabina
- “The ninos santos (Psilocybe mexicana) heal. They lower fevers, cure colds and give freedom from toothaches. They pull the evil spirits out of the body or free the spirit of the sick.” – Maria Sabina
- “Because I am the launch woman. Because I am the sacred opposum. Because I am the Lord opposum.” – Maria Sabina
- “I am the woman Book that is beneath the water, says. I am the woman of the populous town, says.” – Maria Sabina
Inspirational Quotes By Maria Sabina
- “I am the Lord eagle woman, says. I am the lady who swims, says.” – Maria Sabina
- “Because I can swim in the immense. Because I can swim in all forms.” – Maria Sabina
- “I am a shooting star woman, says. I am a trumpet woman, says. I am a drum woman, says.” – Maria Sabina
- “I am a woman violinist, says. Because I am a woman of letters, says. Because I am a Book woman, says.” – Maria Sabina
- “Before Wasson nobody took the mushrooms only to find God. They were always taken for the sick to get well.” – Maria Sabina
- “I am the shepherdess who is beneath the water, says. I am the woman who shepherds the immense, says.” – Maria Sabina
- “I am a shepherdess and I come with my shepherd, says. Because everything has its origin. And I come going from place to place from the origin.” – Maria Sabina
- “The sickness comes out if the sick vomit. They vomit the sickness. They vomit because the mushrooms want them to. If the sick don’t vomit, I vomit. I vomit for them and in that way the malady is expelled.” – Maria Sabina
- “Some of these young people sought me out for me to stay up with the Little-One-Who-Springs-Forth. ‘We come in search of God,’ they said. It was difficult for me to explain to them that the vigils weren’t done from the simple desire to find God, but were done with the sole purpose of curing the sicknesses that our people suffer from.” – Maria Sabina
- “But from the moment the foreigners arrived to search for God, the saint children lost their purity. They lost their force; the foreigners spoiled them. From now on they won’t be any good. There’s no remedy for it.” – Maria Sabina
- “It’s true that Wasson and his friends were the first foreigners who came to our town in search of the saint children and that they didn’t take them because they suffered from any illness. Their reason was that they came to find God.” – Maria Sabina
Interesting Maria Sabina Facts
- María Sabina lived in Huautla de Jiménez, in the mountains of the Sierra de Oaxaca, in southern Mexico.
- She received many prominent visitors—including Aldous Huxley and John Lennon—at her village in Oaxaca. Some have said that Walt Disney visited Sabina on six separate occasions to eat psilocybin mushrooms with her.