Looking for some inspirational quotes from your favorite rapper Kanye West? We have rounded up the best Kanye West quotes, songs, lyrics, and captions (with images and pictures) about life, love, music, and success from the mind of a creative genius.
Kanye Omari West, now known as Ye, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and fashion designer. He is one of the world’s best-selling music artists, winning 24 Grammy Awards and selling over 160 million records.
West is an iconic figure in the world of music, fashion, and popular culture. He is best known for his critically acclaimed and commercially successful albums, The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, and Jesus is King.
As a fashion designer, West has collaborated with many popular brands like Nike, Louis Vuitton, and Gap Inc. Particularly his collaboration with Adidas, where he launched the Yeezy collection which became a global phenomenon.
Kanye has been a controversial figure due to his conduct on social media and his comments on the music industry, U.S. politics, race, and slavery.
His outspoken views have received significant media coverage. From his high-profile marriage with Kim Kardashian to his antisemitic statements, including denying the Holocaust, West has always received huge media attention.
Top 10 Kanye West Quotes
- “Success is the best revenge.” — Kanye West
- “Nothing in life is promised except death.” — Kanye West
- “Love your haters, they’re your biggest fans.” — Kanye West
- “Life is 5% what happens, and 95% how you react.” — Kanye West
- “We have to understand that we’re not each others enemy.” — Kanye West
- “I don’t care about what people think, because people don’t think.” — Kanye West
- “We were born into a broke world, and were like the clean up crew.” — Kanye West
- “The only luxury is time. The time you get to spend with your family.” — Kanye West
- “My greatest pain in life is that I’ll never be able to see myself perform live.” — Kanye West
- “People don’t stand up and protect their dreams because they get spoofed in a way.” — Kanye West
Famous Quotes By Kanye West
- “It’s bigger than me. It’s about while I was here on earth what did I do to help.” — Kanye West
- “Everyone’s always telling you to be humble. When was the last time someone told you to be great?” — Kanye West
- “The dinosaurs are remember only by their bones. What will we be remembered for with humanity?” — Kanye West
- “You’ve got to be really dialed into exactly who you are to the one hundredth power or you’re just everyone else.” — Kanye West
- “I’m not comfortable with comfort. I’m only comfortable when I’m in a place where I’m constantly learning and growing.” — Kanye West
- “Every time I say something that is extremely truthful, out loud…it literally breaks the internet. So what are we getting all the rest of the time.” — Kanye West
- “People in this world shun people for being great, for being a bright color, for standing out. But the time is now, to be OK with being the greatest you.” — Kanye West
- “Most people are slowed down by the perception of themselves. If you’re taught you can’t do anything, you won’t do anything. I was taught I can do everything.” — Kanye West
- “We’re not always in the position that we want to be at. We’re constantly growing We’re constantly making mistakes. We’re constantly trying to express ourselves and actualize our dreams.” — Kanye West
- “If you put your heart into something and you had a grasp of what was really good and you knew you delivered a good product, you have the right to defend your product after people criticize it.” — Kanye West
- “I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.” — Kanye West
- “I was never really good at anything except for the ability to learn.” — Kanye West
- “I’m a creative genius. And it’s proven, and I will continue to prove it.” — Kanye West
- “If I meet someone I respect or look up to, I will literally kiss their feet.” — Kanye West
- “I feel that I’m very blessed. But with great blessings come great responsibility.” — Kanye West
- “Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?” — Kanye West
- “Fusion is the future. The mixing of ideas. The two lunch tables working together. Humanity… we’re 1 people.” — Kanye West
- “Go listen to my music. It’s the code of self-esteem. It’s the code of who you are. If you’re a Kanye West fan, you’re not a fan of me, you’re a fan of yourself.” — Kanye West
- “You run and tell your friends that you’re leaving me. They say that they don’t see what you see in me. You wait a couple months then you gonna see. You’ll never find nobody better than me.” — Kanye West
- “It really matters and then like it really doesn’t matter. What matters is the people who are sparked by it. And the people who are like offended by it, it doesn’t matter. Because its about motivating the doers. Because I’m here to follow my dreams and inspire other people to follow their dreams, too.” — Kanye West
Funny Kanye West Quotes
- “Sometimes I get emotional over fonts.” — Kanye West
- “I no longer have a manager. I can’t be managed.” — Kanye West
- “I need a room full of mirrors so I can be surrounded by winners.” — Kanye West
- “I don’t even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in.” — Kanye West
- “The same people that tried to blackball me forgot about two things: my black balls.” — Kanye West
- “I am flawed as a human. I am flawed as a person. As a man I am flawed… … but my music is perfect!” — Kanye West
- “I am the number one human being in music. That means any person that’s living or breathing is number two.” — Kanye West
- “Yo, Taylor, I’m really happy for you. Imma let you finish. But Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time.” — Kanye West
- “Sometimes I push the door close button on people running towards the elevator. I just need my own elevator sometimes.” — Kanye West
- “I hate when I’m on a flight, and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like, oh great, now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.” — Kanye West
Kanye West Song Lyrics & Quotes
- “Everything I’m not makes me everything I am.” — Kanye West, Song: Everything I Am
- “Shoot for the stars, so if you fall you land on a cloud.” — Kanye West, Song: Homecoming
- “You can’t look at a glass half full or empty if it’s overflowing.” — Kanye West
- “Maybe 90 percent of the time it looks like I’m not having a good time.” — Kanye West
- “Let’s go on a living free, they say the best things in life are free.” — Kanye West, Song: Good Life
- “I refuse to accept other people’s ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a ‘one size fits all’ standard for happiness.” — Kanye West
- “Recognize and embrace your flaws so you can learn from from them. Sometimes it takes a little polishing to truly shine.” — Kanye West
- “And I was almost famous, now everybody loves Kanye / I’m almost Raymond.” — Kanye West, Song: Last Call, Album: College Dropout
- “We’ll buy a lot of clothes when we don’t really need ’em / Things we buy to cover up what’s inside.” — Kanye West, Song: All Falls Down, Album: College Dropout
- “’Fore the day I die, I’mma touch the sky / Gotta testify, come up in the spot looking extra fly / ‘Fore the day I die, I’mma touch the sky.” — Kanye West Song: Touch the Sky, Album: Late Registration
Motivational Kanye West Quotes
- “I refuse to follow the rules where society tries to control people with low self esteem.” — Kanye West
- “Keep your nose out the sky, keep your heart to god, and keep your face to the raising sun.” — Kanye West
- “People always say that you can’t please everybody. I think that’s a cop-out. Why not attempt it? ‘Cause think of all the people you will please if you try.” — Kanye West
- “If spring can take the snow away, can it melt away all of our mistakes? Memories made in the coldest winter, goodbye my friend, I won’t ever love again.” — Kanye West
- “If you have the opportunity to play this game called life, you have to appreciate every moment. A lot of people don’t appreciate their moment until it’s passed.” — Kanye West
- “It’s crazy that we live in a world where if you’re super positive and super creative…it’s scary. Because what does that tell you about the mentality of most people if you’re scared of like…positivity.” — Kanye West
- “People will have a problem with whatever you do. At the end of the day, nobody can determine what you need to do in order to be successful and why would you listen to someone who is not successful tell you what you need to do?” — Kanye West
- “Having a Rolex or a Benz is not something that actually represents your success because there’s always something more expensive to buy. Success is really being able to do things for others as well as the people around you and yourself.” — Kanye West
More About Kanye West
Kanye West is one of the most respected and highest-earning rapper-turned-entrepreneurs of the 21st century.
He has received many accolades and awards including a Billboard Artist Achievement Award, a joint-record three Brit Awards for Best International Male Solo Artist and the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Six of his albums were included on Rolling Stone’s 2020 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list. He also holds the joint record with Bob Dylan for most albums topping the annual Pazz & Jop critic poll.
The Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2005 and 2015 and the Forbes named him a newly minted billionaire.
Despite his ego and outspoken personality, Kanye remains one of the most successful and respected rappers of all time.
Hopefully, these Kanye West quotes will give you the much-needed motivation to go all out to achieve your dreams.
What are your favorite quotes by Kanye West quotes and the sayings listed above? If there is a quote that we’ve missed then let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are.