Read the best hourglass quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire you to contemplate the nature of time, the value of each passing moment, and the importance of making the most of it.
The hourglass is an instrument used to measure time by the flow of sand from one bulb-shaped glass chamber to another through a narrow passage in the middle.
Also Check: Time Flies Quotes
The hourglass has been in use for centuries and was widely used during medieval times for measuring time.
It is also known as a sand clock, sandglass, or sand timer.
Hourglass quotes are a popular source of inspiration for many people. These quotations are often used to remind us of the passing nature of time and to encourage us to make the most of every moment.
Also Check: Go Back In Time Quotes
The hourglass is a timeless symbol that has been used to represent the passage of time, which can inspire people to think about the fleeting nature of life and the importance of the time we have.
It is a reminder that time is a finite resource and that every moment is precious.
These beautiful quotes about hourglass will help you understand that life is filled with meaningful moments, instead of wasted time.
Famous Hourglass Quotes
- “The hourglass runs low.” – Christopher Pike
- “The sands of time are running out. It’s time to get moving.” – Unknown
- “We all have hourglass figures; your sand just settles in different places.” – Octavia Spencer
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has yet to come. We only have today. Let us begin.” – Unknown
- “Time is our most precious commodity. It is the only thing we can never get back.” – Unknown
- “Jumping over times, turning the accomplishment of many years into an hourglass.” – William Shakespeare
- “The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
- “A physician can sometimes parry the scythe of death, but has no power over the sand in the hourglass.” – Hester Lynch Piozzi
- “Our lives are but specks of dust falling through the fingers of time. Like sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.” – Socrates
- “Life is like an hourglass when you feel like time is running out, and you’re nearly on empty. Just flip it and start again.” – Katie Rogers
- “It’s a good thing to turn your mind upside down now and then, like an hour-glass, to let the particles run the other way.” – Christopher Morley
- “Like sands in an hourglass, we measure our lives in the memory of you.” – Unknown
- “Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.” – Television Catchphrases
- “Life is like an hourglass. It has to turn upside down to start another beginning.” – Unknown
- “Death is just the moment that your hourglass runs out of sand. That’s it. It happens to everyone eventually. All any of us gets to decide is where the sand falls.” – Ryan Winfield
- “All the best sands of my life are somehow getting into the wrong end of the hourglass. If I could only reverse it! Were it in my power to do so would I?” – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
- “I wish I had the power to flip my reality upside down like an hourglass, and that life wasn’t a finite affair, but rather a perpetually recurring passage through a hole in time.” – Anne Fortier
- “I have an hourglass shape, and I think it’s important to understand your body type and your personality type. Then make whatever is on trend and in fashion work for you.” – Fiona Gubelmann
- “We have a definite but unknown quantity of experience at our disposal. As soon as the hourglass is turned, the sand will begin to run out and once it starts, it cannot stop until it’s all gone.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Every so often, we all gaze into the abyss. It’s a depressing fact of life that eventually the clock expires; eventually, the sand in the hourglass runs out. It’s the leaving behind of everything that matters to us that hurts the most.” – Ben Shapiro
- “The sand in the hourglass runs from one compartment to the other, marking the passage of moments with something constant and tangible. If you watch the flowing sand, you might see time itself riding the granules. Contrary to popular opinion, time is not an old white-haired man, but a laughing child. And time sings.” – Vera Nazarian
- “And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restless or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “I want you to think of your life as an hourglass. You know there are thousands of grains of sand in the top of the hourglass, and they all pass slowly and evenly through the narrow neck in the middle.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Like an hourglass with a certain number of grains of sand within it, God has appointed your life to last only a certain number of days, and you have absolutely no idea how many there are..” – Patrick Madrid
- “The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Hourglass Quotes About Love And Friendship
Hourglass quotes can be found in literature, music, and art. They are often used in speeches, presentations, and other forms of communication to convey the importance of time and the need to stay focused on our goals.
Hourglass quotes can also be used as a reminder to slow down and appreciate the simple things in life.
- “The greatest gift you can give someone is your time.” – Unknown
- “If I didn’t love the hourglass, I wouldn’t love myself.” – Rachel Roy
- “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” – Jules Renard
- “Love is like the action similar to an hourglass: The heart fills as the brain empties.” – Unknown
- “It’s not bad to take enough trips down the memory lane, but soon you must get your head back in the game!” – Unknown
- “It took me as long as I had known him to get rid of all of his words. Like turning an hourglass over.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “I don’t know, there’s something about you. Say there’s an hourglass: the sand’s about to run out. Someone like you can always be counted on to turn the thing over.” – Haruki Murakami
- “I love my body, I love my super-hourglass shape and I love showing it off.” – Ashley Graham
- “Your existence is passing before you. Grains of sand in the hourglass. The Wicked Witch of the West has you in her castle and she’s turned the hourglass over and the sand is running through. Will you be liberated or will you die? The only way you can beat death is liberation.” – Frederick Lenz
Quotes About Hourglass
- “Time waits for no one.” – Unknow
- “The trouble is you think you have time.” – Unknown
- “Time isn’t the main thing. It’s the only thing.” – Miles Davis
- “Never give up, great things take time. Be patient.” – Unknown
- “Staring at hourglass I learned neither time stops nor walks slow.” – Unknown
- “Time does not change people, time changes the real face of people.” – Unknown
- “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “It’s not about having enough time, it’s about making enough time.” – Rachael Bermingham
- “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “You are bound to lose people Once upon a time Because they resemble the sand in an hourglass That spurt in no time.” – Unknown
- “Hourglasses remind us, not only of how time flies but at the same time of the dust into which we shall one day decay.” – Unknown
- “Every person gets exactly the same amount of time. You get all there is. It’s what we do with our time that makes the difference.” – Bob Proctor
- “The biggest difference between money and time: You always know how much money you have but you never know how much time you have.” – Unknown
- “Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t Own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” – Harvey MacKay
- “Life is like an hourglass, all the pleasures & pains eventually hit the bottom one day and all you have to do is wait until the right time someone comes along & turn around it again.” – Unknown
Inspirational Hourglass Quotes On Life
- “The best time for new beginnings is now.” – Unknown
- “Life’s like an hourglass glued to the table.” – Anna Nalick
- “Life is just a moment of time and it passes by.” – Black Thought
- “Time passes but the words which you say will remain.” – Unknown
- “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” – Charles Darwin
- “If you wait till you’re ready to work your first gloryhole, you’ll end up waiting your entire life.” – Unknown
- “Life is like an Hourglass. The grains of sand drop one by one and then it’s all over. Live before you die.” – RVM.
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” – Bill Keane
- “You turn the hourglass upside down, every now and then, to keep time running. Your life does that to you too.” – Unknown
- “The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.” – Jean-Paul Sartre
- “Time = Life, Therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life.” – Alan Lakein
- “Life is like one hourglass. Eventually, everything hits the bottom and all you have to do is wait it out until someone comes along and turns it around.” – Unknown
- “Maybe happiness was an hourglass already running out, the grains tipping, sifting past each other. Maybe it was a state of mind.” – Paula McLain
- “Dude, the place is filling up,” I say. “It feels like we’re living in the bottom half of an hourglass.” Like somehow we’re running out of time.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “The early 20s were like the waist of an hourglass. Lots of things were hurtling toward it and squeezing through it and then hurtling out the other side.” – Sarah Waters
The hourglass is a timeless symbol that has been used to represent the passage of time for centuries.
It is a simple yet powerful visual representation of how quickly time passes and how we must make the most of it.
Like sand through the hourglass Origin
“Like sand through the hourglass” is a popular phrase that originated from the opening narration of the long-running American soap opera “Days of Our Lives.”
The full phrase is “Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.” It serves as a metaphor for the fleeting nature of time and the inevitability of change.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
If you think you can relate to these uplifting quotes feel free to share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.