Looking for motivational quotes about growing up? We have curated the best collection of growing up quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to accept change gracefully.
Growing up can be a rollercoaster of emotions. There are moments of excitement, wonder, and joy, as well as moments of fear, sadness, and uncertainty.
Growing up is all about mental, physical, and spiritual growth. It’s about how we embrace change with time and grow with the transition phases.
However, growing up can also be challenging, particularly when faced with difficult decisions or major life changes, such as moving to a new city, starting college, or entering the workforce.
Also See: Quotes About Kids Growing Up
With aging and growing comes maturity, and life lessons that make you evolve in life. But no matter what your age is or how old you get, you must always keep the inner child alive to enjoy life.
Growing up also involves letting go of the familiar and comfortable aspects of childhood and embracing new challenges and responsibilities.
These insightful quotes about growing up remind us that the journey is ongoing and that we are constantly evolving and growing as individuals.
Top 10 Quotes About Growing Up
- “Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Newman
- “The trick is growing up without growing old.” – Casey Stengel
- “Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.” – Walt Disney
- “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
- “Growing up is losing some illusions, in order to acquire others.” – Virginia Woolf
- “It was a sign of growing up when the dark made no more difference to you than the day.” – Roddy Doyle
- “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different?” – C.S. Lewis
- “Growing up happens when you start having things you look back on and wish you could change.” – Cassandra Clare
- “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James Baldwin
- “Everyone thinks you make mistakes when you’re young. But I don’t think we make any fewer when we’re grown up.” – Jodi Picoult
Best Growing Up Quotes
These challenges can be overwhelming, but they also present opportunities for personal growth and development.
- “Those little feet, won’t be little forever.” – Ashlee Edens
- “Pain is a part of growing- up. It is how we learn…” – Dan Brown
- “The speed at which children grow up defies the laws of time.” – Unknown
- “When they tell you to grow up, they mean stop growing.” – Tom Robbins
- “I make mistakes growing up. I’m not perfect; I’m not a robot.” – Justin Bieber
- “Even though you’re growing up, you should never stop having fun.” – Nina Dobrev
- “You grow up the day you have your first real laugh — at yourself.” – Ethel Barrymore
- “They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” – Confucius
- “The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.” – William Blake
- “That’s one of the things we learn as we grow older — how to forgive. It comes easier at forty than it did at twenty.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “If growing up is the process of creating ideas and dreams about what life should be, then maturity is letting go again.” – Mary Beth Danielson
- “Part of growing up was learning not to be quite that honest – learning when it was better to lie, rather than to hurt someone with the truth.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you’re in diapers; the next day you’re gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul.” – The Wonder Years
- “One of the strange things about adulthood is that you are your current self, but you are also all the selves you used to be, the ones you grew out of but can’t ever quite get rid of.” – John Green
- “When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.” – Patrick Rothfuss
Inspirational Growing Up Quotes About Change
- “When you are through changing, you are through.” – Bruce Barton
- “All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward.” – Ellen Glasgow
- “How amazing it is that children grow up in the blink of an eye!!!” – Unknown
- “Fall in love with the process of leveling yourself up. Never stop growing.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you have to grow up before you appreciate how you grew up.” – Daniel Black
- “As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot.” – Ray Kroc
- “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
- “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
- “I reckon responsible behavior is something to get when you grow older. Like varicose veins.” – Terry Pratchett
- “’Oh,’ she thought, ‘How horrible it is that people have to grow up and marry and change!’” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Feeling very surprised too at myself. I knew what was happening, O my brothers. I was like growing up.” – Anthony Burgess
- “The wheel of change moves on, and those who were down go up and those who were up go down.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- “If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry, it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change.” – John A. Simone, Sr.
- “Growing up, we are told many things; one being, you can do anything. But somewhere between child and adult, things change.” – Julie Hebert
- “Each one of us has to take responsibility for reality, and present it so that kids will grow up familiar with that and say, OK. I’ve seen that before. I’m not afraid of it.” – Thuy Trang
Famous Quotes On Growing Up
- “Don’t grow up. It’s a trap.” – Unknown
- “Maturity is a high price to pay for growing up.” – Tom Stoppard
- “Growing older is not upsetting; being perceived as old is.” – Kenny Rogers
- “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” – C.S. Lewis
- “The older I get, the more I see the power of that young woman, my mother.” – Sharon Olds
- “I knew that I had reached the end of childhood once I realized that adults in my life didn’t know anymore than I did.” – Matthew Quick
- “Who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.” – Harold Wilson
- “When you’re a little kid, growing up, most of us know what’s right and wrong. Our parents teach us that discipline.” – Robert Knepper
- “Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that.” – Ally Condie
- “Yet, now in my arms, I was holding a helpless baby boy who would grow into a man. I cannot imagine that soft little face one day having whiskers.” – Rhonda Stoppe
- “When you were too young and naïve to see the risks, I incurred your wrath to protect you. Scream at me for it if you must. Thank me for it when you finally grow up.” – Karen Marie Moning
- “You learn over time that the world isn’t broken. It’s just… got more pieces to it than you thought. They all fit together, just maybe not the way you pictured when you were young.” – M.L. Wang
- “Relax. You will become an adult. You will figure out your career. You will find someone who loves you. You have a whole lifetime; time takes time. The only way to fail at life is to abstain.” – Johanna de Silentio
- “Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible. I believe you can retain certain things from your childhood if you protect them — certain traits, certain places where you don’t let the world go.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quotes About Never Growing Up
- “Wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything?” – Unknown
- “Growing up is hard. Otherwise, everyone would do it.” – Kim Harrison
- “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.” – Unknown
- “As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.” – Prince William
- “This is growing up, having to stomp out love, this is how people turn terrible.” – Michelle Tea
- “You know children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers.” – John J. Plomp
- “Growing up, I have discovered over time, is rather like housework: never finished.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
- “You don’t stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” – Stacia Tauscher
- “My mother… she is beautiful, softened at the edges, and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
- “That’s the trick of growing up. Nothing stays the same.” Hook sounded oddly sympathetic. “You see the faults in everything. Including yourself.” – Austin Chant
- “Most people don’t grow up. Most people age. They find parking spaces, honor their credit cards, get married, have children, and call that maturity. What that is, is aging.” – Maya Angelou
Growing Up Quotes On Maturity In Life
- “Life never was easy. “Grow up, accept it.” – Unknown
- “Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.” – Faith Baldwin
- “Motherhood is an early retirement position. Your children do grow up.” – Colleen Parro
- “The past is the present, and the present the future, to the non-progressive mind.” – James Lendall Basford
- “Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter could be said to remedy anything.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going.” – P. J. O’Rourke
- “The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.” – J.D. Salinger
- “I think she is growing up, and so begins to dream dreams, and have hopes and fears and fidgets, without knowing why or being able to explain them.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “For me, growing up felt like a roller coaster ride at times, but looking back, I don’t think that it was such a bad thing. It was all part of the excitement of being young.” – Jameela Jamil
- “It’s a bittersweet moment when your child starts growing up. You’re so proud of all their accomplishments, but you also can’t help but feel a little sad that they’re not children anymore.” – Unknown
- “It was only high school after all, definitely one of the most bizarre periods in a person’s life. How anyone can come through that time well adjusted on any level is an absolute miracle.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
- “Too many people grow up. That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don’t remember what it’s like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won’t do that.” – Walt Disney
- “It takes years to learn the difference between who to let go and who to be patient with. The same way it takes years to know what you deserve and what you don’t. So hang in there — growth and experience come with time.” – R.M. Drake
- “Nothing special has happened today; no one can say she was more provoked than usual. It is only that every day one grows a little, every day something is different, so that in the heaping up of days suddenly a thing that was impossible has become possible. This is how a girl becomes a grown woman. Step by step until it is done.” – Naomi Alderman
In summary, growing up can be a mix of both positive and negative emotions. It’s a time of exploration and self-discovery, and the emotions felt along the way are all part of the journey.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.