110 Green Quotes About The Aesthetic Color Of Nature
Looking for aesthetic quotes and captions about the green color? We have got the best collection of mesmerizing green quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) that you might relate to.
Green is often described as a refreshing and tranquil color. Green is a primary color on our planet and represents nature, health, growth, healing, and renewal.
For many of us, the color green has strong associations with nature and brings to mind lush grass, trees, and forests. Other common associations with the color green are money, peace, luck, health, and envy.
Also See: Green Eyes Quotes
There are a lot of shades of green: lime, forest, mint, teal, seafoam, emerald, sage, olive, pistachio, basil, army, grass green and more. Of all colors of the spectrum, green has the most shades, ranging from yellowish to blueish.
These green quotes and sayings will make you appreciate the color of nature, peace, and growth!
Top 10 Green Quotes About The Color Of Nature
- “Nature’s first green is gold.” – Robert Frost
- “Stay green, stay in the woods, and stay safe.” – Karl Pilkington
- “The greenery, the scenery- it’s got a lot of trees, birds.” – Barbara Rodriquez
- “Nature in her green, tranquil woods heals and soothes all afflictions.” – John Muir
- “Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches.” – Federico García Lorca
- “Every green natural place we save saves a fragment of our sanity and gives us a little more hope that we have a future.” – Wallace Stegner
- “And the needles of the pine trees, freshly washed to a deep, rich green, shimmered with droplets that blinked like clear crystals.” – Billie Letts
- “For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” – Martin Luther
- “Green in nature is one thing, green in literature another. Nature and letters seem to have a natural antipathy bring them together and they tear each other to pieces.” – Virginia Woolf
- “When the green woods laugh with the voice of joy, And the dimpling stream runs laughing by; When the air does laugh with our merry wit, And the green hill laughs with the noise of it.” – William Blake
Aesthetic Green Quotes
- “I am in love with this green Earth.” – Charles Lamb
- “Green grass grows where dry desert ends.” – Og Mandino
- “Her green mind made the world around her green.” – Wallace Stevens
- “By the way, most of the light that comes from the sun is green.” – Bill Nye
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – John Ruskin
- “Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come.” – Lois Lowry
- “I had to live in the desert before I could understand the full value of grass in a green ditch.” – Ella Maillart
- “Life is a green madness just now, trying to squeeze the last bit of warmth from the season.” – Vernor Vinge
- “Beauty, strength, and youth are flowers but fading; Duty, faith, and love are roots and ever green.” – George Peele
- “Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.” – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- “Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye… it also includes the inner pictures of the soul.” – Edvard Munch
- “It doesn’t matter what my eyes have seen, For the better out of the blue comes green.” – Ana Claudia Antunes
- “I just need green. I need to wake up and see grass and squirrels. I don’t want to see skyscrapers.” – Andre Leon Talley
- “Green is the fresh emblem of well-founded hopes. In blue the spirit can wander, but in green, it can rest.” – Mary Webb
- “How do you know if it is spirit or nature who answers? Maybe there is no difference at all. Maybe grace is green.” – Pam Grossman
- “For still there are so many things that I have never seen: in every wood in every spring there is a different green.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “I can breathe where there is green. Green grows hope. It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am.” – Courtney M. Privett
- “She turned back to inspect a bank of greens: olive, jade, leaf, kiwi, lime, a silver-green like the back of birch leaves, a bright pistachio.” – Anne Bartlett
- “Absolute green is the most restful color, lacking any undertone of joy, grief, or passion. On exhausted men, this restfulness has a beneficial effect, but after a time it becomes tedious. ” – Wassily Kandinsky
- “In coastal waters rich in runoff, plankton can swarm densely, a million in a drop of water. They color the sea brown and green where deltas form from big rivers, or cities dump their sewage. Tiny yet hugely important, plankton govern how well the sea harvests the sun’s bounty, and so are the foundation of the ocean’s food chain.” – Gregory Benford
Famous Quotes On Green Color
- “Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.” – Noam Chomsky
- “A meter of green is greener than a centimeter.” – Paul Gauguin
- “Even in winter it shall be green in my heart.” – Frederic Chopin
- “Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart.” – Russell Page
- “The pine stays green in winter… wisdom in hardship.” – Norman Douglas
- “A man who contemplates revenge keeps his wounds green.” – Francis Bacon
- “It seems very safe to me to be surrounded by green growing things and water.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “Green makes me think of silence, or maybe it’s loneliness. I get the feeling of a terribly distant star.” – Kobo Abe
- “If your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.” – Bill Watterson
- “Dark green is my favorite color. It’s the color of nature and the color of money and the color of moss!” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “They say it’s better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green.” – Conor Oberst
- “I now know all shades of the color green, having spent 90 days staring at that green screen. I’ll never forget that color, as long as I live.” – Rob Letterman
- “Green does not have to mean the sort of hair-shirt, wood-burning-stove sensibility of the ’70s. Green can and should be sleek and modern.” – Graydon Carter
- “Green is a label for a certain attitude to life, a certain kind of respect that one might have for the very source of things that we take for granted.” – Annie Lennox
- “My favorite color is jungle green. At least, that’s what it said on the side of my favorite crayon in first grade. I don’t know if it’s an official color.” – Mike Posner
- “The green revolution has an entirely different meaning to most people in the affluent nations of the privileged world than to those in the developing nations of the forgotten world.” – Norman Borlaug
- “Green has always been my mom’s favorite color. My father, aunt and I have gotten her jade, emerald, and peridot pieces over the years, and we always seem to be on the lookout.” – Erika Christensen
- “Keep the corners of your mouth turned up. Speak in a low, persuasive tone. Listen; be teachable. Laugh at good stories and learn to tell them…For as long as you are green, you can grow.” – Mother Teresa
- “Green strongly influences the heart and helps alleviate tension. Positive qualities associated with green are generosity, humility, and cooperation. Foods of the green vibration are all green fruits and green vegetables.” – Tae Yun Kim
Green Quotes About The Color And Environment
- “Light is found on the green.” – J.R. Rim
- “Nature is the place where your soul go free.” – Unknown
- “The future will either be green or not at all.” – Bob Brown
- “The Earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
- “It’s good to touch the green, green grass of home.” – Tom Jones
- “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” – Thomas Fuller
- “All life on earth emanates from the green of the plant.” – Jay Kordich
- “Green calm below, blue quietness above.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- “For the forest to be green, each tree must be green.” – George Harrison
- “Being green and clean is not just an aspiration but an action.” – Christine Pelosi
- “The future is green energy, sustainability, renewable energy.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “Learn of the green world what can be thy place in scaled invention or true artistry.” – Ezra Pound
- “Green was the silence, wet was the light, the month of June trembled like a butterfly.” – Pablo Neruda
- “Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man.” – Stewart Udall
- “Green is a process, not a status. We need to think of ‘green’ as a verb, not an adjective.” – Daniel Goleman
- “The environment is no one’s property to destroy; it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect.” – Mohith Agadi
- “Going green doesn’t start with doing green acts, it starts with a shift in consciousness.” – Ian Somerhalden
- “Our green valleys will be greener once we fully grasp the infinite vitality of the green!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
- “With the gun you can make the earth red but if you have a plough you can make the earth green.” – Narendra Modi
- “You could cover the whole earth with asphalt, but sooner or later green grass would break through.” – Ilya Ehrenburg
- “The green earth is a symbol of hope. Walk on it like you are going somewhere, even when you are going nowhere.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
- “The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” – John Paul II
- “It’s important for me to have hope because that’s my job as a parent, to have hope, for my kids, that we’re not going to leave them in a world that’s in shambles, that’s a chaotic place, that’s a dangerous place.” – James Cameron
- “It’s been proven by quite a few studies that plants are good for our psychological development. If you green an area, the rate of crime goes down. Torture victims begin to recover when they spend time outside in a garden with flowers. So we need them, in some deep psychological sense, which I don’t suppose anybody really understands yet.” – Jane Goodall
Inspirational Green Color Quotes
- “The future is green.” – Unknown
- “Feeling grand in green.” – Unknown
- “Do something green today.” – Unknown
- “We can never have enough of Nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Remember, green’s your color. You are spring.” – Gwendolyn Brooks
- “Shades of green… Shades of hope… Love green coz he loves green…” – Aji…
- “You are either green and growing, or ripe and rotting.” – Frosty Westering
- “We sat in silence, letting the green in the air heal what it could.” – Erica Bauermeister
- “The prime of life is that fleeting time between green and over-ripe.” – Cullen Hightower
- “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence we could rise up rooted, like trees.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.” – Native American Proverb
- “When I was 12 I was obsessed with green and had my mom get me a bunch of green bedding for my room.” – Doja Cat
- “In the hierarchy of colors, green represents the social middle class, self-satisfied, immovable, narrow.” – Wassily Kandinsky
- “We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.” – Barack Obama
- “If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases.” – David Suzuki
- “I long for the countryside. That’s where I get my calm and tranquillity – from being able to come and find a spot of green.” – Emilia Clarke
- “An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight… the truly wise person is colorblind.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Green is the color of the heart. Keep your inner self green. Keep your surroundings green. Green keeps heart healthy. Be evergreen, by heart,….as a person tool!!” – Raghuram Shastry
- “The garden of love is green without limit and yields many fruits other than sorrow or joy. Love is beyond either condition: without spring, without autumn, it is always fresh.” – Rumi
- “The artist who pictures sounds as colors, who feels the difference in microns between one sea green and another… is not attending to what the world considers important.” – Eric Maisel
- “He had that curious love of green, which in individuals is always the sign of a subtle artistic temperament, and in nations is said to denote a laxity, if not a decadence of morals.” – Oscar Wilde
- “My father pointed to the moon and asked me what color it was. I couldn’t tell. So he told me to look at the horizon and then glance back quickly at the moon. Then I saw it: it was pale green.” – Alden Baker
- “Children go with whatever makes them feel good – like if that’s the color green or orange, they do that with their clothes. As I’ve grown older, everything reversed. My music, my personality – onstage those things became my colors.” – Janelle Monae
Funny Green Color Quotes
- “It’s not easy being green” – Kermit the Frog
- “Green represents the dead image of life.” – Rudolf Steiner
- “I will be Green until the day I die, if not for a long time after.” – Bob Brown
- “As long as you’re green, you’re growing. As soon as you’re ripe, you start to rot.” – Ray Kroc
- “How green was my valley then, and the valley of them that have gone.” – Richard Llewellyn
- “It doesn’t matter if you’re black or white… the only color that really matters is green.” – Family Guy
- “The roof of my house is covered in solar panels. When I’m home, I’m a pretty green fellow.” – Bill McKibben
- “The force that through the green fuse drives the flower. Drives my green age that blasts the roots of trees is my destroyer.” – Dylan Thomas
- “I like light green, sometimes red is fun to look at, not a fan of yellow, unless it’s in a rainbow or on a coffee mug or on a happy face.” – Chris Kattan
- “Green is a soothing color, isn’t it? I mean Gryffindor rooms are all well and good but the trouble with red is — it is said to send you a little mad — not that I’m casting aspersions . . .” – Jack Thorne
Green Color Meaning and Symbolism
Green is a color that symbolizes harmony, freshness, fertility and growth, considered to be the easiest color on the eyes. Certain surveys have shown that the color is mostly associated with calmness, agreeability and tolerance.
As a soothing, relaxing color, it enhances stability and endurance. It is most often associated with growth and renewal, and it promotes optimism, hopefulness, and balance.
Most shades of green are soothing to the human eye. This relaxing color usually feels strongly close to nature and is extremely refreshing.
Interesting Facts About Color Green
- Green is the national color of Ireland.
- In China, green jade represents virtue and beauty.
- Green is the color of love, associated with Venus.
- Green was George Washington’s favorite color.
- Green is considered the color of peace.
- Green was the traditional color worn by hunters in the 19th century.
- Green is the second most popular favorite color, after blue.
- Green is traditionally associated with money, finances, banking, ambition, greed, jealousy, and wall street.
- Several gemstones have a green color, including the emerald, which is colored green by its chromium content.
- Many natural products and gambling tables including flags of some nations are green. The green light in traffic signals is meant for signaling ‘go’.
- Green has a strong association with the natural environment. To “Go Green” means environmental friendly and to think about the future. And that’s also one of the meanings of this color.
- Green is calm, peaceful. It’s a soothing color that helps ease anxiety and depression, which is why it is often used in color therapy.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter and more to motivate them every morning.