Looking for quotes about be careful what you look for? We have rounded up some of the best be careful what you wish for quotes, proverbs, sayings, (with images, pictures, memes) to
Have you ever made a wish and got what you wanted, only to find the reality did not match your expectation? Or that it somehow didn’t fulfill you in the way you thought it would?
“Be careful what you wish for, lest it comes true!”
The origin of this popular saying is Aesop’s Fables, the world’s best known collection of morality tales (circa 260 BC).
We often wish that we were in a different place, relationship, or circumstance. Hardly do we think about the consequences of having the things we desire. At times when we get what we want, we settle down being less happy than when we started.
So its most wisely said to that the best way to live life is to seize every moment and make efforts to make it better, instead of wishing for the impossible.
Quotes About Be Careful What You Wish For
- “Be careful what you wish for – You may get it.”
- “Be careful what you wish for, you’ll probably get it.” – Proverb
- “Your wish is my command. But be careful what you wish for.”
- “All great sci-fi is: Be careful what you wish for.” – Damon Lindelof
- “Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains.”
- “When all your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.”
- “We’re opening up a Pandora’s box. Be careful what you wish for.” – James Waters
- “Be careful what you wish for. There’s always a catch.” – Laurie Halse Anderson
- “When the Gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Be careful what you wish for. You never know who will be listening.” – Terry Pratchett
- “More tears are shed over answered prayers than unanswered ones.” – Mother Teresa
- “Be careful what you set your heart upon – for it will surely be yours.” – James A. Baldwin
- “Remember this: You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.”
- “You know, one thing I’ve learned in my time on this earth Be careful what you wish for.” – Elijah
- “Being frustrated is disagreeable, but the real disasters in life begin when you get what you want.” – Irving Kristol
- “Be careful what you wish for, the grass isn’t greener on the other side. It’s greener where you water it.”
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
- “Sometimes God will give you exactly what you wanted just to show you it’s not at all what you needed.”
- “The devil doesn’t come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you’ve ever wished for.”
- “Be careful what you wish for because you will get it. Be even more careful about what you work for because you will get it even more quickly.” – Colin Cunnigham
- “You should be very careful what you wish for, as the reasons for war get confused. One person can be very clear in their motives, but others can have different agendas.”
- “Be careful about wanting what others have. There is always a price. Perhaps God didn’t give it to you, because He knew you wouldn’t be able to pay it.” – Yasmin Mogahed
- “Be careful what you wish for. I know that for a fact. Wishes are brutal, unforgiving things. They burn your tongue the moment they’re spoken and you can never take them back.” – Alice Hoffman
- “Everybody that wants to be successful should always be careful of what you wish for. A lot of artists and entertainers want to put the genie back in the bottle and wish they could go back to being what they were.” – Ice Cube
- “Don’t think your dreams don’t come true, because they do. You’d better be careful what you wish for. And I truly and honestly – one day I am doing the ‘Beaver’ show and I said, ‘This is the show I have always wanted to do.” – Barbara Billingsley
Be Careful What You Wish For Pictures, Memes