Looking for quotes about making assumptions? We have rounded up the best collection of assumption quotes, sayings, captions, messages, and status, (with images and pictures) for you to avoid being misunderstood by your family and friends.
Assuming or making assumptions is believing in something that might have no truth in it. We often assume things because of miscommunication, misunderstanding, and ignorance.
When we assume wrong facts then we take wrong decisions. As humans, we are often fear-driven and so the most common assumption we make in work or relationships is a negative one. But things are not always as bad as they may seem.
Also See: Misunderstanding Quotes
When we make an assumption, we tell ourselves something is true without actually knowing the facts.
We often assume things because of our preconceived notions and belief system. Assuming is bad and toxic for any relationship, workplace, and bonds we build with our loved ones.
These famous quotes and proverbs about assumptions will inspire you not to jump to conclusions without knowing the facts. Understanding the true version of a topic is always better to make better decisions.
Also check out our post on miscommunication quotes which will inspire you to have more mental clarity, and focus, and give up the habit of overthinking.
Best Assumption Quotes
- “Never assume that loud is strong and quiet is weak.”
- “Rarely have I witnessed assumptions turn into facts.”
- “Most of our assumptions have outlived their uselessness.”
- “Ask if you need to, but don’t assume.” – Bonnie Lyn Smith
- “Before you “assume” try this crazy method called “asking”.”
- “Assumptions allow the best in life to pass you by.” – John Sales
- “Leaders live by reality and not by assumptions!” – Gary Rohrmayer
- “A relationship should be based on communication, not on assumption.”
- “Assumptions equal a loss of pride and the sting of defeat.” – Donna Lynn Hope
- “Most of our assumptions have outlived their uselessness.” – Marshall McLuhan
- “We must never trust in what we assume, only in what we know.” – Darren Shan
- “It’s sad that we never get trained to leave assumptions behind.” – Sebastian Thrun
- “An assumption is something that is generally accepted as being true.” – Anonymous
- “Making the wrong assumptions causes pain and suffering for everyone.” – Jenni Young
- “Your assumption, and the truth, dine at totally separate tables.” – J Michael Straczynski
- “Do not make assumptions unless you know the whole story. If in doubt, ask the person directly.”
- “Always assume your assumptions about others are wrong. Because often, they are.” – Savania China
- “Be careful of what you assume, what you assume often becomes what you consume.” – Constance Friday
- “But you are making assumptions without all the facts, and that’s not a sign of intelligence.” – C.C. Hunter
- “Having our fundamental assumptions about life challenged is never a comfortable thing.” – Maajid Nawaz
- “Making assumptions taught me a lot as a producer, because it’s something I never do now.” – Kenny Beats
- “We make all sorts of assumptions because we don’t have the courage to ask questions.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “The assumption that seeing is believing makes us susceptible to visual deceptions.” – Kathleen Hall Jamieson
- “Start with the assumption that the best way to do something is not the way it’s being done right now.” – Aaron Levie
- “Incorrect assumptions lie at the root of every failure. Have the courage to test your assumptions.” – Brian Tracy
- “You figured that the only way I’d be happy is if I did the things you thought would be best for me.” – Jodi Picoult
- “The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct.” – Franciscan friar William of Ockham
- “It is not really wise to make too many assumptions when you don’t yet have all the facts to do so.” – Sahara Sanders
- “Don’t Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “But when you drop your assumptions altogether, your soul stands naked in the open fields of possibility.” – T.K. Coleman
- “It’s always your assumptions about you, about others, about future that make reality worse than it actually is.” – Dragos Bratasanu
- “If you are searching for keys and you assume that the keychain is green, your mind will ignore everything except green.” – Shunya
- “The assumption of perfect knowledge is very far from reality a lot of the evil in the world is actually not intentional.” – George Soros
- “How would your life be different if…You stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter?” – Steve Maraboli
- “A lack of communication breeds assumptions of what the other is thinking or feeling; and assumptions are, more often than not, incorrect.”
- “Every time we make assumptions about what other people feel, do or think, we imprison them and us in a separate reality.” – Franco Santoro
- “We have a tendency to make assumptions about everything! The problem with making assumptions is that we believe they are truth.” -Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “Assumptions are maintained by the hug of history. Yet, history does not guarantee their validity, nor does it ever reassess their validity.” – Michael Michalko
- “How would your life be different if you stopped making negative judgemental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day you look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey.”
- “The problem with making assumptions is that we believe they are the truth. We make an assumption, we misunderstand, we take it personally, then we react by sending emotional poison with our word. This creates a whole big drama for nothing.”
Best Assuming Quotes And Proverbs
A lot of relationships are broken due to misunderstandings and assumptions. Partners, friends, and even family assume a lot of things that never happen.
Assumptions can only make situations complex where we judge others mostly in the wrong way.
A lot of times we see making assumptions can be dangerous. It is bad for your relationship and yourself too. It’s wrong to assume things can give us unwanted stress and anxiety.
We tend to worry about things that are not true. On the other hand, being open-minded and understanding can help you simplify things in life.
So shed your negativity and try and understand by being more aware of what the other person is going through.
These making assumptions quotes and false assumption quotes that will help you act with clarity.
- “Never assume anything.”
- “To assume is to presume.” – Jude Morgan
- “Assumption is the mother of all mistakes.” – Eugene Lewis Fordsworthe
- “Ignorance is brought about by assumption.” – T. D. Jakes
- “Don’t build roadblocks out of assumptions.” – Lorii Myers
- “Ask questions; don’t make assumptions.” – Angela Ahrendts
- “If you don’t know, don’t assume. Ask instead.” – Akiroq Brost
- “Assumption is the mother of the screw-up.” – Angelo Donghia
- “It is quite easy to fall under the spell of assumptions.” – Steven Redhead
- “Assumptions are dangerous things. I like facts a lot better.” – David Baldacci
- “The least questioned assumptions are often the most questionable.” – Paul Broca
- “You proceed from a false assumption: I have no ego to bruise.” – Leonard Nimoy
- “The universe is full of dead people who lived by assumption.” – Alan Dean Foster
- “We make the assumption that everyone sees life the way we do.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “Assuming less does not make you naive, it makes you a better listener.” – Terry A O’Neal
- “The problem with assumptions is that we believe they are the truth.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “The way to keep yourself from making assumptions is to ask questions.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “An assumption of flawlessness is the swiftest shortcut to disaster there is.” – Stewart Stafford
- “You must stick to your conviction, but be ready to abandon your assumptions.” – Denis Waitley
- “The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don’t even know you’re making.” – Douglas Adams
- “Until we know the assumptions in which we are drenched, we cannot know ourselves.” – Adrienne Rich
- “If you make unfounded assumptions before choosing a path, you’re blindly sauntering along.” – Auliq Ice
- “Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why. Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think.”
- “The harder you fight to hold on to specific assumptions, the more likely there’s gold in letting go of them.” – John Seely Brown
- “When you’re surrounded by people who share the same set of assumptions as you, you start to think that’s reality.” – Emily Levine
- “If you start a conversation with the assumption that you are right or that you must win, obviously it is difficult to talk.” – Wendell Berry
- “The assumption that what currently exists must necessarily exist is the acid that corrodes all visionary thinking.” – Murray Bookchin
- “Love can only consist in failure…on the fallacious assumption that it is a relationship. But it is not. It is a production of truth.” – Alain Badiou
- “The problem is that too often we assume that we’ve got the right cat, and then we assume that the only solution is to skin it.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Fixing is the illness model; acceptance is the identity model; which way any family goes reflects their assumptions and resources.” – Andrew Solomon
- “By assuming we know how a curve continues beyond what we see, we will draw the wrong conclusions and come up with the wrong solutions.” – Hans Rosling
- “The assumption must be that those who can see value only in tradition, or versions of it, deny man’s ability to adapt to changing circumstances.” – Stephen Bayley
- “Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in awhile, or the light won’t come in.” – Alan Alda
- “Personal importance, or taking things personally, is the maximum expression of selfishness because we make the assumption that everything is about me.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “We simply assume that the way we see things is the way they really are or the way they should be. And our attitudes and behaviors grow out of these assumptions.” – Stephen Covey
- “A theory’s assumptions always are and ought to be unrealistic. Further, we should attempt to make them more unrealistic in order to increase a theory’s fruitfulness.” – Satoshi Kanazawa
- “There is an assumption that if a relationship ends, it has failed. Ending does not imply failure. There are a great many reasons why someone is meant to play a role in our life and why it may just be for a period of time.”
- “And just as the false assumption that we are not connected to the earth has led to the ecological crisis, so to the equally false assumption that we are not connected to each other that has led to our social crisis.” – Al Gore
- “What’s great about comedy, obviously, is that you set up a situation that people assume one thing and then you break the assumption. That’s basically the backbone to comedy. You set up a situation, let people make an assumption, and then you break the assumption.” – Bryan Cranston
- “Don’t Make Assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
Famous Assumption Is Bad Quotes
Assumptions allow you to hide behind your version of the story. So this means even you don’t know the real facts you tend to blame others for the misunderstandings in your mind. It’s puts you in a negative and dark mental place where one misundestanding leads to another.
Not being patient or being too quick to presume things is caused by communication gaps. When we take the initiative to understand better, know facts, then we make better communications and do not assume things based on our past experiences.
These inspirational don’t make assumptions quotes and never assume quotes will help you in all aspects of life to communicate and understand better.
- “Don’t assume, ask.”
- “Assumptions are dangerous things.” – Agatha Christie
- “Assumptions close doors. Intrigue opens them.” – Sam Owen
- “Assumptions are the termites of relationships.” – Henry Winkler
- “Most deadly errors arise from obsolete assumptions.” – Frank Herbert
- “Leaders don’t assume. Assumptions are the termites of leadership.” – Farshad Asl
- “If you want to know something, ask me. Don’t assume, that’s how the drama starts.” – Unknown
- “You can’t make assumptions when you’re dealing with health issues.” – Adam Clayton
- “There is no growth in assuming. For it does not give, it takes away.” – E’yen A. Gardner
- “Your assumptions are always wrong. Even a one rupee coin have two sides.” – Allan Bridjith
- “Assumptions are the most damaging enemies of our mind’s equilibrium.” – A.A. Alebraheem
- “One of the biggest assumptions we make is that the lies we believe are the truth!” – Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “The best results in life are often held back by false constructs and untested assumptions.” – Tim Ferriss
- “To assume is to limit the mind to one way of viewing, when by nature our perceptions should be infinite.”
- “My assumption is that the story of any one of us is in some measure the story of us all.” – Frederick Buechner
- “People, please remember that I choose my words very carefully. Assumptions are your enemy.” – Chris Kluwe
- “We all make basic assumptions about things in life, but sometimes those assumptions are wrong”.” – Darren Shan
- “Study the assumptions behind your actions. Then study the assumptions behind your assumptions.” – Idries Shah
- “Sometimes our bad feelings are only assumptions and speculations doing dark dances in our heads.” – Bonnie Lyn Smith
- “Never assume anything. Nothing will land you in problem faster than false assumption. There are two sides to every story.”
- “The trouble with most coaches is that they start with the assumption that everybody is a turd. And that ain’t right.” – Bum Phillips
- “Assumptions are unopened windows that foolish birds fly into, and their broken bodies are evidence gathered too late.” – Bryan Davis
- “If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance.” – Orville Wright
- “There is not the durability of all these logical assumptions, speaking accordingly to our culture of acceptance of precision!” – Rabin Paudel
- “Don’t make assumptions. We look for things that confirm our beliefs but what if they are wrong? Keep an open mind and ask when in doubt…”
- “We do not realize how deeply our starting assumptions affect the way we go about looking for and interpreting the data we collect.” – Sue Savage-Rumbaugh
- “And while that assumption is blatantly wrong, maybe the greatest thing that I’m doing wrong is that I’m walking around with an assumption.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “And once everything mercifully comes to a close, assuming that we’ve made a terrible mess of things is the only assumption that’s not an assumption.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “If I make assumptions about the audience and start overthinking things, I can drive myself crazy about how the audience perceives me. I try not to do that anymore.” – Sharon Van Etten
- “Making assumptions simply means believing things are a certain way with little or no evidence that shows you are correct, and you can see at once how this can lead to terrible trouble.” – Lemony Snicket
- “If you want to approach the truth, the first thing is you don’t assume anything. If you have already made an assumption, you are just trying to find the confirmation for your assumption, that is not seeking truth.” – Sadhguru
- “Assumptions are dangerous things to make, and like all dangerous things to make ―― bombs, for instance, or strawberry shortcake ―― if you make even the tiniest mistake you can find yourself in terrible trouble.” – Lemony Snicket
Funny Assumption Quotes
Being judged by people because of their wrong assumptions leads to negative perceptions. These funny assuming quotes and sarcastic assumption captions and sayings are a great way to laugh out at the situation.
- “Jumping to conclusions is not actually exercise.”- Unkown
- “An assumption is the joke; truth the punchline.” – Criss Jami
- “Taking any assumptions into study is bad science.” – Lewis N. Roe
- “Assumptions are what we don’t know we are making.” – Douglas Adams
- “Assumptions are made and most assumptions are wrong.” – Albert Einstein
- “Photography has the power to undo your assumptions about the world.” – Aaron Huey
- “There was no Jedi so wise that he could not be undone by his own assumptions.” – Claudia Gray
- “Assuming what people want is about as controlled as using fireworks to start a fire.” – Criss Jami
- “The assumption that humans could be a reliable back―up for the system was a total fallacy.” – Astro Teller
- “And if you insist on continuing to make assumptions about my character, I’ll advise you only this: assume you will always be wrong.” – Tahereh Mafi
- “Assuming things is the equivalent of sleepwalking blindfolded on a cliff edge fully expecting a safety net to be there to break the fall should you topple over the precipice.” – Stewart Stafford
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, WhatsApp, and more to spread love vibes.