Looking for heart-touching quotes about rescuing dogs? We have rounded up the best collection of rescue dog quotes, sayings, captions, slogans, and status (with images and pictures) that will melt your heart and inspire you to adopt them.
To rescue of dog or a pup means to place it in a new home after being abused, neglected, or abandoned by its previous owner. Rescue dogs are important for homeless, lost, or abandoned dogs that have been re-homed by a person or animal rescue center.
Also See: Dog Captions For Instagram
Rescue homes or shelter houses take care of dogs who are ill, injured, not cared for, or badly treated and can be taken and given treatment and care. These animals need compassion, love, and kindness to live a better life.
Giving a new home to shelter dogs is giving them a second chance and a new life full of love, care, and support that they need. Adopting dogs not only helps the animal but also fills our life with love and happiness.
Inspirational Rescue Dog Quotes
- “Humanity must be their voice.” – A.D. Williams
- “I found me when I was rescued by dogs.” – Anonymous
- “Secondhand animals make first class pets.” – Anonymous
- “He who feeds a hungry animal feeds his own soul.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “You can’t help everyone, but you can help at least one dog.” – Candice Bergen
- “You can’t change a dog’s past, but you can rewrite the future.” – Agnes Carass
- “Not all homes should have a dog but all dogs should have a home.” – Anonymous
- “Rescue dogs do not mean damaged. It means they have been let down by humans.” – Anonymous
- “How is it possible that out of all the dogs in the world, the best ones are rescues?” – Anonymous
- “If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.” – Albert Einstein
- “Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.” – Karen Davison
- “A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, smart or dumb. Give him your heart…and he’ll give you his.” – Milo Gathema
- “If you help and rescued a starving dog and adopt him and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.” – Mark Twain
Best Quotes About Rescuing Dogs
- “You can’t buy love but you can rescue it.” – Anonymous
- “I very much believe in rescuing an animal, not buying them.” – Candice Bergen
- “My mission is to rescue. My dream is that one day I won’t have to.” – Anonymous
- “No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.” – Louis Sabin
- “Don’t give up on the hard dogs. They will teach you something you never knew you needed.” – Kathy Kawalec
- “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Gandhi
- “Reaching out to rescue one another under any condition is an eternal measure of love.” – Ronald A. Rasband
- “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t ever know we had.” – Thom Jones
- “Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us, and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage.” – Agnes Repplier
- “As anyone who goes into dog rescue knows, it is not a for-profit business, but the rewards are priceless for me.” – Emmylou Harris
- “I’m even able to have kind of a little bit of a second career in dog rescue. Doesn’t pay anything but it’s become a real passion for me.” – Emmylou Harris
- “I love to rescue animals. The pounds were so crowded they were putting animals down almost immediately. Seven thousand dogs were put to sleep.” – Laura Dern
- “Being a hero to someone, even if it is just a dog, is a feeling like no other. Though it can be frustrating, it can be the most rewarding thing to give someone a second chance at life.” – Elizabeth Parker
Quotes About Rescuing Dogs And Adoption
- “Home is where the dog runs to greet you.” – Anonymous
- “Looking for a good time? Adopt a shelter dog.” – Anonymous
- “A house is not a home until there’s a dog in it. Adopt a shelter dog.”
- “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger Caras
- “Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” – Kinky Friedman
- “The perfect rescue dog is out there for everybody. You just have to find it.” – Josh Hopkins
- “People who say money can’t buy you happiness have never paid an adoption fee.” – Anonymous
- “From the moment they placed you in my arms, you snuggled right into my heart.” – Anonymous
- “When you look into the eyes of an animal you’ve rescued, you can’t help but fall in love.” – Paul Shaffer
- “How can anyone abandon a beautifully loyal dog? It’s not an accessory, it’s your best friend.” – Ricky Gervais
- “Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend their lives.” – Sue Murphy
- “When you adopt a shelter pet, you save two lives. The one you adopt and the one who takes its place.” – Anonymous
- “Our dogs will love and admire the meanest of us and feed our colossal vanity with their uncritical homage.” – Agnes Repplier
- “It’s rewarding beyond words to rescue a dog from the shelter and have that dog become part of your family.” – Jenna Morasca
- “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” – A.D. Williams
- “I should get a dog. I would get a rescue dog. I don’t care. I would probably get a three-legged dog no one else wanted.” – Simon Cowell
- “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” – John Grogan
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
- “Adopting a shelter dog is an excellent way to turn love into action. The love you receive is an extraordinary extra benefit.” – Abby Underdog
- “Shelter dogs aren’t broken. They’ve simply experienced more life than other dogs. Don’t pity a shelter dog. Adopt one and be proud to have their greatness by your side.” – Anonymous
Short Rescue Dog Captions For Instagram
Some dogs are suffering great pain because they have no homes or they are abandoned, or abused by some people. Adopting them is a new ray of hope for the pooch for a new life.
These cute and short rescue dogs captions and slogans to tell your friends and inspire them to help and save a dog’s life.
- Adopt, don’t shop.
- Who rescued who?
- Rescue is a lifestyle.
- I adopted my best friend.
- Rescue is my favorite breed.
- Mutts love got to do with it?
- I like big mutts and I cannot lie.
- My favorite dog breed is rescue.
- Recycle love, adopt a shelter pet.
- A shelter dog wants to meet you.
- The best things in life are rescued.
- Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts.
- All is paw-sible when you rescue a dog.
- I rescue dogs, what’s your superpower?
- Rescue: it’s not just a verb; it’s a promise.
- I just want to drink wine and rescue dogs.
- I found ME when I was rescued by my dogs.
- Give me pure-of-heart over purebred any day!
- Rescue a dog, and they’ll rescue you right back.
- True love is a hop, skip, and a dog shelter away.
- A dog need not be pure breed to be pure of heart.
- I gave this dog a house, and they gave me a home.
- Unconditional love is as close as your nearest shelter.
- When I found my rescue animal, I found my purpose.
- Live your life aspiring to be as loving as your rescue pup.
- I look at this pup’s face and think: Who exactly saved who?
- Found my forever fur friend. Whoop! Let’s raise the roof and paw-tay!
- Those who believe in unconditional love are probably rescue dog owners.
- Rescuing dogs is like the mafia – once you’re in, there’s no way you’re getting out.
- He might be a little ruff around the edges, but this rescue pup is the only one for me!
Funny Quotes About Rescue Dogs
- “Shelter pups: Lose your mind, find your calling.”
- “Dogs never bite me. Just humans.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “This isn’t dog hair; this is rescue glitter!” – Anonymous
- “You can have nice things or a rescue pup, but you cannot have both.”
- “Hate sleep, love dog hair, and live for fetch? If so, rescue dogs are for you!”
- “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
- “My rescue and I are stuck together like this dog hair is permanently stuck on my furniture.”
- “Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx
- “No one…appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as a dog does.” – Christopher Morley
- “You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, ‘Wow, you’re right! I never would’ve thought of that!’” – Dave Barry
- “I’ve seen a look in dogs’ eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically, dogs think humans are nuts.” – John Steinbeck
- “They never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.” – Jerome K. Jerome
- “In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog.” – Edward Hoagland
Some Reasons why you should adopt a shelter or stray dog;
Animal shelters are full of furry friends waiting for their fur-ever homes. While there are probably hundreds of reasons to rescue a dog, some top reasons and statistics to adopt a rescue dog are;
- An estimated 78 million dogs are owned as pets in the United States.
- By adopting, you’re helping more than one life by making space for another animal in need and helping to give them the opportunity to become beloved pets.
- By helping an animal in need, you’re giving a rescue an opportunity to find their voice; to be themselves, and get a second chance to become a dog beyond the walls of shelter or rescue.
- By adopting from your local shelter or rescue, you are giving back to your community instead of helping cruel breeders profit.
- A dog is your lifelong friend and will love you unconditionally.
There can be nothing more rewarding and noble than rescuing an innocent animal from an abused life.
We hope you enjoyed these meaningful rescue dog sayings and captions for different occasions and that you found the perfect one for your pooch. If you are looking for other captions check our site for more topics.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.